Re: Can you melp me with this abit motherboard

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by PC-Component.com, Jul 13, 2003.

  1. "B coivrick" <> wrote in

    > Ok I have a ABIT Bf6 motherboard with a PIII 1000 for over a year.
    > Everthing worked fine. Now nothing was added new or changed.
    > Just one day it did not boot, would not post. Just a black screen.
    > So I tested all the memory in my other computer,
    > a BE6.
    > All the memory was fine I put a cel 300 in the BF6 and it booted and
    > posted fine. So I thought it was the CPU. I got a RMA # and was ready
    > to pack it up to send for a new one.
    > BUT I thought let me do a test and put the PIII 1000 in the ABIT BE6
    > to see it
    > it would work. I did not think it would.
    > Well it did work, it booted right up and went right into windows.
    > So I thought well its not bad after all.
    > So I put it back into the BF6 and still it will not boot or post. yet
    > a Cel 300
    > will
    > Now I dont understand this why would this not work in the BF6 the same
    > motherboard it has been working in fine for the last year.
    > But work fine in the BE6.
    > I am going back and forth trying to get it to work. it workd in one
    > but nopt the other one.
    > I thought that maybe the motherboard (bf6) was bad but if the cel 300
    > works fine.
    > Can any one help me with this.
    > You can even email me if you like at
    > <mailto:>
    > Thanks
    > Anna

    Check for blown capacitors. The A-Bits are known for blowing them.

    Most noteably is the A-BIT SE6. Every single SE6 MB I've ever seen has
    multiple blown capacitors.

    --
    -=/ www.PC-Component.com /=-
    Parts & Service