Re: Can Win98 default folder window size be changed?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Nozza, Aug 22, 2003.

  1. Nozza

    Nozza Guest

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 08:34:09 +0100, Fidcal
    <> wrote:

    >Can Win98 default folder window size be changed? I mean the
    >window you get when you directly select a folder icon.

    Yes.

    Make the window of Windows Explorer, or Internet Explorer, the size
    you want it. Then shut the program down whilst holding down the shift
    key.

    Next time you open the program, it will be the same size.

    HTH

    Noz

    Nozza, Aug 22, 2003

  2. Nozza

    Fidcal Guest

    No, none of these work...

    01. Right Click your desktop.
    02. Select New.
    03. Select Folder
    04. Folder appears marked 'New Folder'
    05. Press ENTER to name it that.
    06. Press ENTER again to open it.
    07. That is the default folder window size.
    08. Resize it, move it, do anything.
    09. Repeat 4.
    10. All new folders ignore what you want but set to the default
    that Bill Gates wants in 07 above.

    Fidcal, Aug 22, 2003