Re: Can Thunderbird sort in place just the one message thread?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Debbie, May 11, 2006.

  1. Debbie

    Debbie Guest

    On Wed, 10 May 2006 16:45:38 -0500, Justin wrote:

    > Itomi Bhaa wrote on [10 May 2006 04:16:35 -0700]:
    >> Have a look at View>> Sort by >> Threaded

    > Perhaps you don't understand the question
    >
    >> This single click sort in place has just the handful of desired mail
    >> messages collected in one place in one click.

    > This means that all other messages stay just as they are.
    >
    > No, I haven't seen this feature in Thunderbird yet.

    Hi Justin,
    I don't know if my last message got through as my machine crashed.
    You are correct. It would be perfect if the sort-in-place worked in
    Thunderbird.

    Then I would sort by DATE:DESCENDING:UNTHREADED and as soon as a new reply
    message came in, I could hit the sort-in-place button (Eudora has this) and
    just that one thread would be collected for me instantly at the top of the
    mailbox.

    It's sad this fantastically efficient feature does not exist yet in
    Thunderbird. Does anyone know if a sort-in-place will ever be added to
    Thunderbird in the future?

    Debbie

    Debbie, May 11, 2006