Re: Can someone give me a rundown on the average wages for...(read more inside)

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Ghost, Aug 28, 2003.

  1. Ghost

    Ghost Guest

    In article <3f4da67a$0$10426$>,
    <> wrote:

    > A+ certified average wage?
    > A+, Network+ certified average wage?
    > A+, Network+, CCNA certified average wage?
    > A+, Network+, CCNA, MCSE certified average wage?
    > A+, Network+, CCNA, MCSE, MCSA certified average wage?
    >
    > just looking for some motivation.. I've been having a piss poor time

    with my studies.
    > still living at home with barely any money to put towards my cert

    testing..feels like i'm studying for nothing sometimes..

    You are obviously concnered with salary over job enthusiasm. That being
    the case, find another career field... the money aspect of IT is long
    over.
    Ghost, Aug 28, 2003

  2. On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 15:44:51 -0400, "Kathy"
    <> wrote:

    >I agree with Ghost....In my opinion, I really could care less about how much
    >I was making. If I like the job then money doesn't matter, not to me
    >anyways.
    >
    >Cheers,
    >Kathy
    >A+

    Would I ever love to find someone with your viewpoint who likes to
    houseclean...I hate it! :)

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Sep 5, 2003

  3. Ghost

    Michael Guest

    Michael, Sep 6, 2003
  4. Ghost

    Ghost Guest

    Re: Can someone give me a rundown on the average wages for...(re

    In article <3f5955f3$>,
    -spam.invalid (Michael) wrote:

    > Guys, here is what I found on salaries:
    >
    > Real-time Salary Survey Information for:
    > Industry=IT -- Computer, Software (United States)
    >
    > A+ Service Technician (244)(Range: 33000 - 52375) 40100
    >
    > http://www.payscale.com/salary-survey/aid-9730/raname-SALARY/rid-124/fid-6886
    >
    > What do you think - too optimistic???
    >
    > ==============
    > For this group's frequently asked questions, check out www.CertFAQ.com

    No, it is not optimistic... it is pure fiction!!! My guess is you will
    only see those salaries in an area that has a high population density
    *AND* high tech.

    I hav esaid this before many times in here.. if you want a realistic
    salary range - FOR YOUR AREA- then check with monster.com or other online
    boards and see what the offering ranges are.
    Ghost, Sep 6, 2003
  5. Ghost

    Guest

    Re: Can someone give me a rundown on the average wages for...(re

    >No, it is not optimistic... it is pure fiction!!! My guess is you will
    >only see those salaries in an area that has a high population density
    >*AND* high tech.
    >
    >I hav esaid this before many times in here.. if you want a realistic
    >salary range - FOR YOUR AREA- then check with monster.com or other online
    >boards and see what the offering ranges are.

    And there not offering to much right now.
    , Sep 6, 2003
  6. Ghost

    EthanStyle Guest

    Re: Can someone give me a rundown on the average wages for...(re

    The surveys aren't really acurate at all. The only way to really see
    how much you are worth is to go on an interview and see how much they
    offer. I tend to go to networking events for people in the IT field
    and see what they are making. Most of the time it is depressing
    though when I find out that they do less than me and make 15-20k more.
    There is definitely a big swing in any region of the country. You
    could be doing the same work as your a+ certified co-worker and still
    make 10k less.

    The latest figures I've heard for Cali, San Fran for a+ cert was 35k
    starting, 45k with 5 years experience.

    rob.
    http://www.techbomb.com/aplus/

    EthanStyle, Sep 6, 2003
  7. Ghost

    techshare Guest

    Kathy,

    You must live an amazing life void of bills, credit cards, or liabilities. I
    have a lot less of these than most people I know, and I still can't afford
    to "care less" about profit and income.

    techshare, Sep 12, 2003