Re: Can I use ATA186 with dialup connection???

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Isaac, Jun 23, 2004.

  1. Isaac

    Isaac Guest

    SniperSquad wrote:

    > Hi, I am just wonder am I able to use ATA186 with dialup connection??

    If you can connect to a sip gateway that supports g.729 you "might" be
    to able to.

    IAM

    Isaac, Jun 23, 2004

  2. Isaac

    Guest

    On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 13:33:25 -0500, Isaac <28.net>
    wrote:

    >SniperSquad wrote:
    >
    >> Hi, I am just wonder am I able to use ATA186 with dialup connection??
    >>

    >If you can connect to a sip gateway that supports g.729 you "might" be
    >to able to.
    >
    >IAM

    Or did you mean connecting a modem to the ATA? I've have very poor
    sucess with getting modems to work over an ATA. It was a hardware
    issue with the L1 versions of the ATAs that caused poor fax and zilch
    modem performance.

    -Chris

    , Jun 24, 2004