Re: Can I tranfer data with a very long cable?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Jones, Nov 24, 2003.

  1. Jones

    Jones Guest

    For tranfering data I use a plugin with nine pin for PC. I have a new
    PC and it has one free plugin on the back part.
    thanks Jones

    >>Hi,
    >>I often have to transfer data from PC to my decoder.
    >>It stay at another room and I need of a long cable 15-16 meters.

    >what cable?
    >what transfer method?
    >
    >>Will I have problems?

    >I don't have a crystal ball.
    >
    >>Will the data be correctly transferred?
    >>thanks
    >>
    >> bye Jones

    bye Jones
    Jones, Nov 24, 2003

  2. Jones

    MrToad Guest

    Jones <> Ran in the back door and shouted

    > For tranfering data I use a plugin with nine pin for PC. I have a new
    > PC and it has one free plugin on the back part.
    > thanks Jones
    >
    >>>Hi,
    >>>I often have to transfer data from PC to my decoder.
    >>>It stay at another room and I need of a long cable 15-16 meters.

    >>what cable?
    >>what transfer method?
    >>
    >>>Will I have problems?

    >>I don't have a crystal ball.
    >>
    >>>Will the data be correctly transferred?
    >>>thanks
    >>>
    >>> bye Jones

    > bye Jones

    9-pin = Serial cable?

    You'll ned to narrow it down a tad more;

    http://www.connectworld.net/cable-length.html

    --
    MrToad
    MrToad, Nov 24, 2003