Re: Can I make low-resolution pictures/graphics and photos into high-r

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Robert Coe, Jun 2, 2010.

  1. Robert Coe

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 02:28:13 -0600, "Bill" <ridingduo_at_hotmail_dot_com>
    wrote:
    : You can also try the Free DCE at:
    : http://www.mediachance.com/digicam/enhancer.htm
    : There is an "Improve Sampling" option when you proceed with the saving
    : process after the program has manipulated the image.
    : -Bill
    : http://yanneck.com
    :
    : "Brian V" <> wrote in message
    : news:...
    : > Can I make low-resolution pictures/graphics and photos into high-res?
    : >
    : > Or: Since I take shots in SD (standard definition) it is that resolution?
    : > And if I take shots in HD (high definition) it is that resoultion?
    : >
    : > I am aware there are photo programs that allow me to adjust contrast,
    : > brightness, colour, etc. That would be the best I can get right?
    : >
    : > Thank you.

    There are things you can do to fool the eye or to utilize the available
    information more efficiently. But ultimately, you can't add information; you
    can only discard it. It's an entropy thing, like trying to go backwards in
    time. You're travelling in a certain direction, whether you like it or not.

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Jun 2, 2010