Re: Can I install WIN Server 2003?

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by JaR, May 25, 2004.

  1. JaR

    JaR Guest

    On Tue, 25 May 2004 07:51:07 -0700, phatrice extemporised:

    > on top of XP Professional? I have many softwares installed on the
    > computer I have now and I want to install Windows Server 2003 on it but
    > I wonder if that will mess up anything. Or do I have to format the
    > computer to do a clean install of Windows Server 2003?

    No, you'll have to do a clean install. You can, however, dual boot. RTFM.

    JaR
    Clean Thug

    JaR, May 25, 2004

  2. that sucks, would all softwares that are compatible with Windows Xp be compatible with Windows Server 2003? like games and Office etc...?

    =?Utf-8?B?cGhhdHJpY2U=?=, May 25, 2004

  3. >that sucks, would all softwares that are compatible with Windows Xp be compatible with Windows Server 2003? like games and Office etc...?

    not all.

    anyway why on earth would you want to run games or even office on a
    server!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 25, 2004
  4. JaR

    JaR Guest

    On Tue, 25 May 2004 09:56:02 -0700, phatrice extemporised:

    > that sucks, would all softwares that are compatible with Windows Xp be
    > compatible with Windows Server 2003? like games and Office etc...?

    That's not what a server is for. However, as I said before, you can dual
    boot!

    JaR
    Redundant Thug

    JaR, May 25, 2004
  5. JaR

    JaR Guest

    On Tue, 25 May 2004 12:01:08 -0700, phatrice extemporised:

    > looks like the only solution is to get a new $500 emachine for Windows
    > Server 2003

    Ok, you win. That's the only solution.

    JaR
    Dual Booted Thug

    JaR, May 25, 2004
  6. >> looks like the only solution is to get a new $500 emachine for Windows
    >> Server 2003

    >Ok, you win. That's the only solution.

    You are a DEU called don, and you wish to dual boot between Windows XP
    and Window Server 2003.

    Do you

    A) Create two partitions installing XP on the one partition and 2003
    on another, costing $0.00.

    B) Use removable disks, with XP on one and 2003 on another, costing 2
    X $15.99ish for each of the caddies and 2 X $30.00ish for two cheap
    old ide disks.

    C) Spend $500.00 on a new machine.

    E) Phone osama bin laden for help.

    Choice the most expensive answer.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 25, 2004
  7. JaR

    QAZ Guest

    Is this on the Cert Test?

    QAZ, May 25, 2004
  8. JaR

    UAError Guest

    UAError, May 25, 2004
  9. JaR

    Schfooge Guest

    "QAZ" <> wrote in message
> [...]

    Yes. Kline has gone over to the dark side and posted a
    brain dump. ;)

    Schfooge, May 26, 2004
  10. >Yes. Kline has gone over to the dark side and posted a
    >brain dump. ;)

    keep it down over there!!! Hope the founding fathers are watching!!!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 26, 2004