Re: Can I add an extension to the cable of the HD?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Adriano, Dec 18, 2003.

  1. Adriano

    Adriano Guest

    Thanks for your advice.
    In your opinion, can I eliminate the problem without adding any
    extension?
    thanks

    Adriano, Dec 18, 2003

  2. Can you move the HD closer to the mobo connection? Can you reroute the
    cable so it takes a shorter path? These are the only ways I know of
    elimiinating the problem without either adding an extension or replacing
    something.

    If you're going to replace something I'd try replacing the cable first.
    Can you get a longer (single) cable? If not then maybe you can add a
    separate controller & put it in a slot closer to the HD than the mobo
    connection.

    That's about all I can think of. If none of the above work then try
    adding the extension. Who knows, it might even work.

    Calvin Crumrine, Dec 18, 2003