Re: Can Exam 70-621 be used in place of 70-620

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Aug 30, 2007.

  1. "catwalker63" <> wrote in message

    > "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <>
    > prattled ceaselessly in news:uRg$:
    >

    > > Let's break this down... 70-621 earns you MCITP: Enterprise AND MCTS:
    > > Configuration. MCTS expires when Vista supports end and MCTIP needs to
    > > be renewed by taking the 70-621 again in 3 years. The difference is
    > > one is a technology specialty and the other is a job role.
    > >

    > But it does not count as a client exam for any other cert. (MCSA, MCSE)
    >
    > --
    > Catwalker
    > MCNGP #43
    > www.mcngp.com
    > "Definitely not wearing any underwear."

    As always, you are correct. It is like the traverse folder permission in
    a way. You take and pass the 70-621 and earned both certifications, but
    denied the "client side" requirement until you pass the 70-620.
    --
    Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Aug 30, 2007

  2. "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <> schrieb
    im Newsbeitrag news:...
    > "catwalker63" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <>
    >> prattled ceaselessly in news:uRg$:
    >>

    >> > Let's break this down... 70-621 earns you MCITP: Enterprise AND MCTS:
    >> > Configuration. MCTS expires when Vista supports end and MCTIP needs to
    >> > be renewed by taking the 70-621 again in 3 years. The difference is
    >> > one is a technology specialty and the other is a job role.
    >> >

    >> But it does not count as a client exam for any other cert. (MCSA, MCSE)
    >>
    >> --
    >> Catwalker
    >> MCNGP #43
    >> www.mcngp.com
    >> "Definitely not wearing any underwear."

    > As always, you are correct. It is like the traverse folder permission in a
    > way. You take and pass the 70-621 and earned both certifications, but
    > denied the "client side" requirement until you pass the 70-620.
    > --
    > Michael D. Alligood,
    > MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST
    > CertGuard, Inc. - http://www.certguard.com

    Okay, thank you.
    That's a clear statement, because I think the OP wanted to know exactly this
    point - whether it counts as the client exam for further certs or not.
    It doesn't - too bad ;o)

    Harald

    Harald Rüdinger, Aug 31, 2007

  3. Newest update:
    now the exam 70-621 also counts for 70-620:

    http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/archive/2007/09/19/get-rich-quick-scheme-for-mcdsts.aspx

    :eek:)

    Greetings

    Harald