Re: Can anyone here see the error at the URL shown? TIA

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by why?, Sep 15, 2009.

  1. why?

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 08:49:03 +0100, ~BD~ wrote:

    Fixed it, once I found out I could read and add , not forgetting
    subtract :)

    In the CSS.

    The overall container is 960, navmenu is 958 and some thought process
    involved,

    #navmenu { width:958px; height:33px;
    background:url(../images/menubar_bg.gif); border-left:1px solid #FFF;
    border-right:1px solid #FFF; }

    Change width to 960, remove the border-left -right. If you leave the
    border in, it sticks out over the 960 container.

    #navmenu { width:960px; height:33px;
    background:url(../images/menubar_bg.gif); }

    >On 08/09/2009 08:14, N. Miller wrote:
    > > ~BD~ wrote:

    <snip>

    >Although the page appears correctly in Firefox and IE8, there is a major
    >slip-up when viewed with Safari. Not an error one might expect from a
    >firm advocating that their products can fix everything! (after the "50%
    >off" the Windows Vista Compatible part is offset to the rhs by about 2
    >inches! Indeed, that whole section has moved to the right).
    >
    >FWIW

    Me

    why?, Sep 15, 2009

  2. why?

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 08:18:16 +0100, ~BD~ wrote:

    >Hello 'you' ! :)
    >
    >Thanks for helping me better understand matters. I discovered that
    >Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) is a simple mechanism for adding style

    :) it can be not so simple at times. Selectors are a good example and
    are very well worth learning,
    http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/selector.html
    http://css.maxdesign.com.au/selectutorial/

    >(e.g. fonts, colors, spacing) to Web documents.

    That's exactly what it's for and sadly not used enough.

    >By changing the size of the fonts (in Safari) the 'error' was corrected.

    >Fascinating stuff!

    It can be,
    http://www.csszengarden.com/
    http://meyerweb.com/

    http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/

    This is really handy, it's the CSS for HTML 4, so you can see exactly
    what is behind h1, p, ol , strong and so on.
    http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/sample.html

    You may also like to wander over to the newsgroup alt.html , read and
    get a feel for things first.

    Me

    why?, Sep 16, 2009