Re: camera phone used for real photography shock

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, Jul 7, 2011.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Jul 7, 4:44 am, bugbear <bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:
    > Photographers Teru Kuwayama and Balazs Gardi, both of whom
    > have done work in Afghanistan before, were embedded with
    > the US marines used iPhone + Hipstamatic to shoot.
    >
    > Article:http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/jul/06/afghanistan-war-iphone-im...
    >
    > It appears that the project was partially driven by a desire
    > for immediacy, which may have been a factor in the choice.
    >
    >    BugBear

    The one shot they showed looked F----- horrible. The guy had the
    colour of a zombie. To HELL with camera phones. As documentary
    devices, they are passable; as photographic tools, they are garbage.

    RichA, Jul 7, 2011

  2. RichA

    MC Guest

    RichA wrote:

    > On Jul 7, 4:44 am, bugbear <bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:
    > > Photographers Teru Kuwayama and Balazs Gardi, both of whom
    > > have done work in Afghanistan before, were embedded with
    > > the US marines used iPhone + Hipstamatic to shoot.

    Article:http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/jul/06/afghanistan-war-iphone-im...

    > > It appears that the project was partially driven by a desire
    > > for immediacy, which may have been a factor in the choice.
    > >
    > >    BugBear

    > The one shot they showed looked F----- horrible. The guy had the
    > colour of a zombie. To HELL with camera phones. As documentary
    > devices, they are passable; as photographic tools, they are garbage.

    Especially the iPhone, which is particularly bad as a camera.

    MC

    MC, Jul 7, 2011

  3. RichA

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Jul 7, 3:30 pm, "MC" <> wrote:
    > RichA wrote:
    > > On Jul 7, 4:44 am, bugbear <bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:
    >
    > > > Photographers Teru Kuwayama and Balazs Gardi, both of whom
    > > > have done work in Afghanistan before, were embedded with
    > > > the US marines used iPhone + Hipstamatic to shoot.

    > Article:http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/jul/06/afghanistan-war-iphone-im...
    >

    > > > It appears that the project was partially driven by a desire
    > > > for immediacy, which may have been a factor in the choice.

    > > >    BugBear

    > > The one shot they showed looked F----- horrible.  The guy had the
    > > colour of a zombie.  To HELL with camera phones.  As documentary
    > > devices, they are passable; as photographic tools, they are garbage.

    > Especially the iPhone, which is particularly bad as a camera.
    >
    > MC

    I've heard it's one of the better camera phones, but what is the best
    camera phone on the market.

    Whisky-dave, Jul 7, 2011