Re: Camera & Lens producers and this news grope!!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by tony cooper, Feb 13, 2011.

  1. tony cooper

    tony cooper Guest

    On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 11:15:47 -0500, Alan Browne
    <> wrote:

    >On 2011.02.13 11:06 , Jake wrote:
    >
    >> But it has to be said.
    >>
    >> *Both these newsgroups are infested with*
    >> *Trolls and their many SockPuppets.*

    >It doesn't need to be said at all.
    >
    >Trolls simply need to be starved.
    >
    >Only known starvation: Do not reply to them. (And, yes, I make the
    >mistake of doing so from time to time).

    There are some things we shouldn't do, but we do them because they
    entertain us. For example, it is not at all nice to aggravate the
    monkeys in the zoo by standing in front of their cages and pulling
    faces at them and making noises. It's cruel to bait them like this.

    Mocking "LOL" - by any of his names - is cruel and aggravating. He's
    like the chimp in the cage, though, and it is kinda fun to get him all
    worked up.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Feb 13, 2011

  2. tony cooper

    Ofnuts Guest

    On 02/13/2011 05:46 PM, tony cooper wrote:

    > Mocking "LOL" - by any of his names - is cruel and aggravating. He's
    > like the chimp in the cage, though, and it is kinda fun to get him all
    > worked up.

    .... the goal being to have him make another preposterous claim about his
    life, his photographic skills, or the capabilities of his cameras.
    --
    Bertrand
    Ofnuts, Feb 13, 2011

  3. tony cooper

    SMS Guest

    On 2/13/2011 9:11 AM, Alan Browne wrote:
    > On 2011.02.13 11:46 , tony cooper wrote:
    >
    >> Mocking "LOL" - by any of his names - is cruel and aggravating. He's
    >> like the chimp in the cage, though, and it is kinda fun to get him all
    >> worked up.

    > Does nothing for your dignity, reputation or well being.

    Filters are your friend!
    SMS, Feb 13, 2011
  4. tony cooper

    tony cooper Guest

    On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 11:40:06 -0600, Geoff G <>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 11:46:26 -0500, tony cooper
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 11:15:47 -0500, Alan Browne
    >><> wrote:

    >>>It doesn't need to be said at all.
    >>>
    >>>Trolls simply need to be starved.
    >>>
    >>>Only known starvation: Do not reply to them. (And, yes, I make the
    >>>mistake of doing so from time to time).

    >>There are some things we shouldn't do, but we do them because they
    >>entertain us. For example, it is not at all nice to aggravate the
    >>monkeys in the zoo by standing in front of their cages and pulling
    >>faces at them and making noises. It's cruel to bait them like this.
    >>
    >>Mocking "LOL" - by any of his names - is cruel and aggravating. He's
    >>like the chimp in the cage, though, and it is kinda fun to get him all
    >>worked up.
    >>

    >Your badly done crapshots and this comment of yours proves exactly what's
    >been said about you all along. That you're nothing but a lying, libelous,
    >slanderous **** of a troll. Judging by your crapshots it is safe to assume
    >that you'll never be more than that. Thanks for confirming it all with your
    >own words.

    You've been caught on video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DBuk91phkI&feature=related
    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Feb 13, 2011
  5. tony cooper

    tony cooper Guest

    On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 12:11:03 -0500, Alan Browne
    <> wrote:

    >On 2011.02.13 11:46 , tony cooper wrote:
    >
    >> Mocking "LOL" - by any of his names - is cruel and aggravating. He's
    >> like the chimp in the cage, though, and it is kinda fun to get him all
    >> worked up.

    >Does nothing for your dignity, reputation or well being.

    I really don't worry about my dignity as represented in this group.
    I've been humbled in real life too many times to worry about my online
    life. It started one day in grade school when I went to the restroom
    and returned to class having forgotten to zip up my fly and with a bit
    of my shirt-tail poking through...right in front of a girl I had a
    crush on.

    I don't know what kind of reputation I have here. Pedant? Mediocre
    photographer? Troll-baiter? A person uninterested in the
    overly-technical aspects of the photographic medium? (I don't care
    how the size of a pixel is defined; I care how the pixels are arranged
    in what I photographed.)

    My well-being is always enhanced by laughter even if it's no more than
    a snarky snort. "LOL" makes me laugh because he tries so hard to be
    taken seriously and is so obviously undeserving of being taken
    seriously. The paradox amuses me.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Feb 13, 2011
  6. tony cooper

    John A. Guest

    On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 11:45:55 -0600, Schneider <>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 18:15:23 +0100, Ofnuts <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On 02/13/2011 05:46 PM, tony cooper wrote:
    >>
    >>> Mocking "LOL" - by any of his names - is cruel and aggravating. He's
    >>> like the chimp in the cage, though, and it is kinda fun to get him all
    >>> worked up.

    >>... the goal being to have him make another preposterous claim about his
    >>life, his photographic skills, or the capabilities of his cameras.

    >That's the actions of a pure troll. You now all proudly qualify to be part
    >of the resident-troll-pack. Just as it's always been said about you. Now
    >validated and confirmed in your own words.
    >
    >btw: Why would anyone who is successful and talented want to or feel the
    >need to prove anything to low-lives like you. Think about it. You have the
    >time.

    Dance, monkey, dance!
    John A., Feb 13, 2011
  7. tony cooper

    Ofnuts Guest

    On 02/13/2011 06:45 PM, Schneider wrote:
    > On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 18:15:23 +0100, Ofnuts<>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On 02/13/2011 05:46 PM, tony cooper wrote:
    >>
    >>> Mocking "LOL" - by any of his names - is cruel and aggravating. He's
    >>> like the chimp in the cage, though, and it is kinda fun to get him all
    >>> worked up.

    >> ... the goal being to have him make another preposterous claim about his
    >> life, his photographic skills, or the capabilities of his cameras.

    > That's the actions of a pure troll. You now all proudly qualify to be part
    > of the resident-troll-pack. Just as it's always been said about you. Now
    > validated and confirmed in your own words.
    >
    > btw: Why would anyone who is successful and talented want to or feel the
    > need to prove anything to low-lives like you. Think about it. You have the
    > time.

    *rattles cage*

    --
    Bertrand
    Ofnuts, Feb 13, 2011
  8. tony cooper

    Peter N Guest

    On 2/13/2011 11:46 AM, tony cooper wrote:
    <snip>

    > There are some things we shouldn't do, but we do them because they
    > entertain us. For example, it is not at all nice to aggravate the
    > monkeys in the zoo by standing in front of their cages and pulling
    > faces at them and making noises. It's cruel to bait them like this.
    >
    > Mocking "LOL" - by any of his names - is cruel and aggravating. He's
    > like the chimp in the cage, though, and it is kinda fun to get him all
    > worked up.

    Some say pulling the wings off flies is entertaining.

    --
    Peter
    Peter N, Feb 13, 2011
  9. tony cooper

    charles Guest

    On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 16:33:41 -0500, Peter N
    <> wrote:

    >On 2/13/2011 11:46 AM, tony cooper wrote:
    ><snip>
    >>
    >> There are some things we shouldn't do, but we do them because they
    >> entertain us. For example, it is not at all nice to aggravate the
    >> monkeys in the zoo by standing in front of their cages and pulling
    >> faces at them and making noises. It's cruel to bait them like this.
    >>
    >> Mocking "LOL" - by any of his names - is cruel and aggravating. He's
    >> like the chimp in the cage, though, and it is kinda fun to get him all
    >> worked up.
    >>

    >Some say pulling the wings off flies is entertaining.

    Flies are sentient beings, deserving of respect accorded to all life
    forms.

    LOL Isn't.
    charles, Feb 13, 2011
  10. tony cooper

    Peter N Guest

    On 2/13/2011 1:37 PM, tony cooper wrote:
    > On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 12:11:03 -0500, Alan Browne
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On 2011.02.13 11:46 , tony cooper wrote:
    >>
    >>> Mocking "LOL" - by any of his names - is cruel and aggravating. He's
    >>> like the chimp in the cage, though, and it is kinda fun to get him all
    >>> worked up.

    >> Does nothing for your dignity, reputation or well being.

    > I really don't worry about my dignity as represented in this group.
    > I've been humbled in real life too many times to worry about my online
    > life. It started one day in grade school when I went to the restroom
    > and returned to class having forgotten to zip up my fly and with a bit
    > of my shirt-tail poking through...right in front of a girl I had a
    > crush on.

    Were you bragging?

    > I don't know what kind of reputation I have here. Pedant? Mediocre
    > photographer? Troll-baiter? A person uninterested in the
    > overly-technical aspects of the photographic medium? (I don't care
    > how the size of a pixel is defined; I care how the pixels are arranged
    > in what I photographed.)

    Well said. While you accurately state the goal, one must have some
    technical understanding of what went wrong in order to make meaningful
    corrections. Problem is for some here technical perfection is their
    goal, not pixel arrangement.

    Peter N, Feb 13, 2011
  11. tony cooper

    tony cooper Guest

    On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 16:41:28 -0500, Peter N
    <> wrote:

    >On 2/13/2011 1:37 PM, tony cooper wrote:
    >> On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 12:11:03 -0500, Alan Browne
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> Does nothing for your dignity, reputation or well being.

    >> I really don't worry about my dignity as represented in this group.
    >> I've been humbled in real life too many times to worry about my online
    >> life. It started one day in grade school when I went to the restroom
    >> and returned to class having forgotten to zip up my fly and with a bit
    >> of my shirt-tail poking through...right in front of a girl I had a
    >> crush on.

    >Were you bragging?

    At that age, I didn't know what there was to brag about. Luckily, the
    girls didn't either.

    >> I don't know what kind of reputation I have here. Pedant? Mediocre
    >> photographer? Troll-baiter? A person uninterested in the
    >> overly-technical aspects of the photographic medium? (I don't care
    >> how the size of a pixel is defined; I care how the pixels are arranged
    >> in what I photographed.)

    >Well said. While you accurately state the goal, one must have some
    >technical understanding of what went wrong in order to make meaningful
    >corrections. Problem is for some here technical perfection is their
    >goal, not pixel arrangement.

    To some degree, yes. When I see those long "discussions" where Floyd
    or someone is pontificating on some subject that really doesn't matter
    in composing, taking, and processing a photograph, I think the effort
    is just as wasteful as baiting the Troll.

    I'm still at the stage where I think the primary objective is to be
    able to *see* what is photographable. I know I walk past things that
    I don't think are worth photographing because my mind isn't processing
    that while the object looks uninteresting, it could be interesting if
    photographed from a different angle, at a different time of day where
    the light falls differently, or from closer or further away.

    Not to beat our now-departed dead horse, but Sisker's major fault was
    that he didn't see the scene photographically. He'd see a harbor,
    think it was pretty, and just point his camera in the general
    direction and shoot. The next stage, that he never got to, is seeing
    the scene and sensing what part of the scene makes for a good
    photograph, and shooting from the position and the settling that best
    captures that scene.

    Not all pretty scenes come across as interesting photographs. The
    trick I'm working on is finding the interesting part of the larger
    scene and how to position myself and set the setting to best capture
    it.

    With my camera lenses, I couldn't take a (single exposure) photograph
    of the Grand Canyon that would be interesting. I could, though, take
    an interesting photograph of the sun rising/setting over a boulder on
    the edge or of a tourist riding down into the canyon on a burro.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Feb 13, 2011
  12. tony cooper

    Peter N Guest

    On 2/13/2011 6:57 PM, tony cooper wrote:
    > On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 16:41:28 -0500, Peter N
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On 2/13/2011 1:37 PM, tony cooper wrote:

    >>> I really don't worry about my dignity as represented in this group.
    >>> I've been humbled in real life too many times to worry about my online
    >>> life. It started one day in grade school when I went to the restroom
    >>> and returned to class having forgotten to zip up my fly and with a bit
    >>> of my shirt-tail poking through...right in front of a girl I had a
    >>> crush on.

    >> Were you bragging?

    > At that age, I didn't know what there was to brag about. Luckily, the
    > girls didn't either.
    >>>
    >>> I don't know what kind of reputation I have here. Pedant? Mediocre
    >>> photographer? Troll-baiter? A person uninterested in the
    >>> overly-technical aspects of the photographic medium? (I don't care
    >>> how the size of a pixel is defined; I care how the pixels are arranged
    >>> in what I photographed.)

    >> Well said. While you accurately state the goal, one must have some
    >> technical understanding of what went wrong in order to make meaningful
    >> corrections. Problem is for some here technical perfection is their
    >> goal, not pixel arrangement.

    > To some degree, yes. When I see those long "discussions" where Floyd
    > or someone is pontificating on some subject that really doesn't matter
    > in composing, taking, and processing a photograph, I think the effort
    > is just as wasteful as baiting the Troll.
    >
    > I'm still at the stage where I think the primary objective is to be
    > able to *see* what is photographable. I know I walk past things that
    > I don't think are worth photographing because my mind isn't processing
    > that while the object looks uninteresting, it could be interesting if
    > photographed from a different angle, at a different time of day where
    > the light falls differently, or from closer or further away.
    >
    > Not to beat our now-departed dead horse, but Sisker's major fault was
    > that he didn't see the scene photographically. He'd see a harbor,
    > think it was pretty, and just point his camera in the general
    > direction and shoot. The next stage, that he never got to, is seeing
    > the scene and sensing what part of the scene makes for a good
    > photograph, and shooting from the position and the settling that best
    > captures that scene.
    >
    > Not all pretty scenes come across as interesting photographs. The
    > trick I'm working on is finding the interesting part of the larger
    > scene and how to position myself and set the setting to best capture
    > it.

    Funny we had that very same discussion during our Sunday morning field
    trip. We went to a State Park that has melting snow, melting ice and
    lots of animals. One of the guys has a great eye and is very sharing. He
    was seeing a confluence of misty sunlight with the reflection of that
    light that I and others had completely missed.
    As he was pointing his camera two swans decided to fly in and just the
    right angle. Was it luck or anticipation?
    He has a high percentage of things like that happening so I strongly
    suspect the latter.

    > With my camera lenses, I couldn't take a (single exposure) photograph
    > of the Grand Canyon that would be interesting. I could, though, take
    > an interesting photograph of the sun rising/setting over a boulder on
    > the edge or of a tourist riding down into the canyon on a burro.

    Funny. this morning

    --
    Peter
    Peter N, Feb 14, 2011
  13. tony cooper

    shiva das Guest

    In article <>,
    tony cooper <> wrote:

    <good stuff snipped>

    > With my camera lenses, I couldn't take a (single exposure) photograph
    > of the Grand Canyon that would be interesting. I could, though, take
    > an interesting photograph of the sun rising/setting over a boulder on
    > the edge or of a tourist riding down into the canyon on a burro.

    Like real estate, sometimes it comes down to location, location,
    location.

    Many years ago I was on a flight from NYC to LA. When we hit the
    southwest the sky was perfectly clear for tens of thousands of feet
    altitude. We were flying very high, probably somewhere in the 45,000'
    neighborhood.

    The captain came on the P.A. and said he had asked for and received
    permission from Air Traffic Control to make a wide "S" turn The effect,
    he said, was to give us a spectacular view of the Grand Canyon.

    Typical pilot, he understated just how dramatic a view it would be. The
    first part of the turn was to the left (I was sitting on the left side)
    -- a turn with so dramatic a roll I found myself staring perfectly
    vertically down to the bottom of the Canyon, adding an extra mile to the
    distance I could see.

    Not only was the sky clear, but the canyon was free of its usual smog --
    an amazing view. The only camera I had was an Olympus Stylus Epic p&s
    with a 35mm f/2.8 lens. I got better pics from that flight than I had
    ever gotten on actual trips to the canyon towing full camera bags that
    out-weighed my car (almost).
    shiva das, Feb 14, 2011
  14. tony cooper

    Ofnuts Guest

    On 02/14/2011 07:10 AM, SneakyP wrote:
    > Ofnuts<> wrote in news:4d584457$0$10079
    > $:

    > ::looks in bozobin peephole at P&S Sybil troll.
    >
    > Ah, there's the miscreant! and lookee at who's recently joined him!
    > Jeffypoo et al. THey're really bouncing off the walls, eh?

    Maybe it's an optical illusion and there is only one monkey..

    --
    Bertrand
    Ofnuts, Feb 14, 2011
  15. tony cooper

    Ofnuts Guest

    On 02/14/2011 09:42 AM, LOL! wrote:
    > On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 08:36:22 +0100, Ofnuts<>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On 02/14/2011 07:10 AM, SneakyP wrote:
    >>> Ofnuts<> wrote in news:4d584457$0$10079
    >>> $:

    >>> ::looks in bozobin peephole at P&S Sybil troll.
    >>>
    >>> Ah, there's the miscreant! and lookee at who's recently joined him!
    >>> Jeffypoo et al. THey're really bouncing off the walls, eh?
    >>>

    >> Maybe it's an optical illusion and there is only one monkey..

    > The only ones I see bouncing off the walls here are all the usual resident
    > trolls. All nicely contained in just one thread, jumping to the occasion,
    > as they always do. How nice for you to ALL list your names so clearly to
    > the world. THANKS! :) But then, none of you have ever been too bright.
    >
    > LOL!

    Yet another case of a monkey thinking that the people on the other side
    of the bars are the prisoners, and those rattling the cage just want to
    escape...

    --
    Bertrand
    Ofnuts, Feb 14, 2011
  16. tony cooper

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Feb 13, 5:11 pm, Alan Browne <>
    wrote:
    > On 2011.02.13 11:46 , tony cooper wrote:
    >
    > > Mocking "LOL" - by any of his names - is cruel and aggravating.  He's
    > > like the chimp in the cage, though, and it is kinda fun to get him all
    > > worked up.

    > Does nothing for your dignity, reputation or well being.

    Does for me :)
    Whisky-dave, Feb 14, 2011
  17. tony cooper

    John Turco Guest

    tony cooper wrote:

    > On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 11:15:47 -0500, Alan Browne
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > On 2011.02.13 11:06 , Jake wrote:
    > >
    > >> But it has to be said.
    > >>
    > >> *Both these newsgroups are infested with*
    > >> *Trolls and their many SockPuppets.*

    > > It doesn't need to be said at all.
    > >
    > > Trolls simply need to be starved.
    > >
    > > Only known starvation: Do not reply to them. (And, yes, I make
    > > the mistake of doing so from time to time).

    > There are some things we shouldn't do, but we do them because they
    > entertain us. For example, it is not at all nice to aggravate the
    > monkeys in the zoo by standing in front of their cages and pulling
    > faces at them and making noises. It's cruel to bait them like this.
    >
    > Mocking "LOL" - by any of his names - is cruel and aggravating.
    > He's like the chimp in the cage, though, and it is kinda fun to
    > get him all worked up.

    Don't mix up primates, pal!

    Chimpanzees are apes (tailless, therefore) and our simian friends
    (i.e., monkeys) aren't.

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>