Re: Camera follow-up

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by DanP, Jun 27, 2010.

  1. DanP

    DanP Guest

    On Jun 26, 5:28 pm, Jane Galt <> wrote:
    > FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
    >
    > But this group is too infested with communist types to have a viable
    > discussion about photo topics.
    >
    > --
    > - Jane Galt

    By your logic Pablo Picasso work is all rubbish.
    In case you wonder, my vote always went to the right parties.

    DanP

    DanP, Jun 27, 2010

  2. DanP

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 05:15:48 -0700 (PDT), DanP <> wrote:
    : On Jun 26, 5:28 pm, Jane Galt <> wrote:
    : > FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
    : >
    : > But this group is too infested with communist types to have a
    : > viable discussion about photo topics.
    :
    : By your logic Pablo Picasso work is all rubbish.

    That's a poor analogy. Pablo Picasso's work *is* all rubbish.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Jun 27, 2010

  3. DanP

    tony cooper Guest

    On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 08:07:20 -0700, Savageduck
    <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >On 2010-06-27 07:48:19 -0700, Robert Coe <> said:
    >
    >> On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 05:15:48 -0700 (PDT), DanP <> wrote:
    >> : On Jun 26, 5:28 pm, Jane Galt <> wrote:
    >> : > FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
    >> : >
    >> : > But this group is too infested with communist types to have a
    >> : > viable discussion about photo topics.
    >> :
    >> : By your logic Pablo Picasso work is all rubbish.
    >>
    >> That's a poor analogy. Pablo Picasso's work *is* all rubbish.
    >>
    >> Bob

    >How about the Diego Riviera, Rockefeller fiasco, where political
    >interpretation overwrote artistic interpretation.
    >(The only problem being that Beck thinks Rockefeller was the communist.)

    Glenn Beck? The presence of "Beck" and "thinks" in the same sentence
    is oxymoronic.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Jun 27, 2010
  4. DanP

    Peter Guest

    > On 2010-06-27 08:54:13 -0700, tony cooper <>
    > said:
    >
    >> On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 08:07:20 -0700, Savageduck
    >> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >>> How about the Diego Riviera, Rockefeller fiasco, where political
    >>> interpretation overwrote artistic interpretation.
    >>> (The only problem being that Beck thinks Rockefeller was the communist.)

    >> Glenn Beck? The presence of "Beck" and "thinks" in the same sentence
    >> is oxymoronic.

    > I should have said, deluded into pontificating.

    I would have said: pontificates to fatten his wallet.

    --
    Peter

    Peter, Jun 27, 2010
  5. DanP

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Jane Galt wrote:

    > Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote :
    >
    > >> Glenn Beck? The presence of "Beck" and "thinks" in the same sentence
    > >> is oxymoronic.

    > > I should have said, deluded into pontificating.
    > >

    > http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2541446/posts
    >
    > THE ANATOMY OF A SMEAR:
    > How the Left is fighting to silence Glenn Beck
    >
    > Fascinating article, describes these guys to a T.

    I bet you hate Michael Moore
    --
    Paul (we break easy)
    Stop and Look

    Paul Heslop, Jun 28, 2010
  6. DanP

    DanP Guest

    On Jun 27, 3:48 pm, Robert Coe <> wrote:
    > On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 05:15:48 -0700 (PDT), DanP <> wrote:
    >
    > : On Jun 26, 5:28 pm, Jane Galt <> wrote:
    > : > FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
    > : >
    > : > But this group is too infested with communist types to have a
    > : > viable discussion about photo topics.
    > :
    > : By your logic Pablo Picasso work is all rubbish.
    >
    > That's a poor analogy. Pablo Picasso's work *is* all rubbish.
    >
    > Bob

    Do you use Canon or Nikon?

    DanP

    DanP, Jun 28, 2010
  7. DanP

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 01:34:20 -0700 (PDT), DanP <> wrote:
    : On Jun 27, 3:48 pm, Robert Coe <> wrote:
    : > On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 05:15:48 -0700 (PDT), DanP <> wrote:
    : >
    : > : On Jun 26, 5:28 pm, Jane Galt <> wrote:
    : > : > FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
    : > : >
    : > : > But this group is too infested with communist types to have a
    : > : > viable discussion about photo topics.
    : > :
    : > : By your logic Pablo Picasso work is all rubbish.
    : >
    : > That's a poor analogy. Pablo Picasso's work *is* all rubbish.
    : >
    : > Bob
    :
    : Do you use Canon or Nikon?

    I ought to have better sense than to answer that. But what the hell, everybody
    in this group knows anyway. I was a Nikon user in the film days and switched
    to Canon when I went digital.

    So what's that got to do with Pablo Picasso? I'd guess he was a Leica user,
    assuming he ever took photographs at all.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Jun 29, 2010
  8. DanP

    tony cooper Guest

    On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 20:31:08 -0500, Jane Galt <>
    wrote:

    >Paul Heslop <> wrote :
    >
    >> Jane Galt wrote:

    >>> http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2541446/posts
    >>>
    >>> THE ANATOMY OF A SMEAR:
    >>> How the Left is fighting to silence Glenn Beck
    >>>
    >>> Fascinating article, describes these guys to a T.

    >> I bet you hate Michael Moore

    >You win that bet.

    You don't have to be a right-winger to dislike Michael Moore. I think
    he's a fraud. Like Beck, Hannity, Limbaugh, and the rest of the
    radical fringe, Moore presents selected bits that support his
    positions. Moore's a radical, but at the opposite end of the spectrum
    from the others mentioned.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Jun 29, 2010
  9. DanP

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Jane Galt wrote:

    > Paul Heslop <> wrote :
    >
    > > Jane Galt wrote:

    > >> http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2541446/posts
    > >>
    > >> THE ANATOMY OF A SMEAR:
    > >> How the Left is fighting to silence Glenn Beck
    > >>
    > >> Fascinating article, describes these guys to a T.

    > > I bet you hate Michael Moore

    > You win that bet.

    no shit :O)

    Paul Heslop, Jun 29, 2010
  10. DanP

    Paul Heslop Guest

    tony cooper wrote:

    > On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 20:31:08 -0500, Jane Galt <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Paul Heslop <> wrote :

    > >> I bet you hate Michael Moore

    > >You win that bet.

    > You don't have to be a right-winger to dislike Michael Moore. I think
    > he's a fraud. Like Beck, Hannity, Limbaugh, and the rest of the
    > radical fringe, Moore presents selected bits that support his
    > positions. Moore's a radical, but at the opposite end of the spectrum
    > from the others mentioned.

    oh yeah, I take much of what he says with a pinch of salt. I don't
    think he lies, as such, but has a very narrow field of view. But then
    he is in the entertainment business where fox 'news' is supposedly a
    news channel.

    Paul Heslop, Jun 29, 2010
  11. DanP

    DanP Guest

    On Jun 29, 3:13 am, Robert Coe <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 01:34:20 -0700 (PDT), DanP <> wrote:
    >
    > : On Jun 27, 3:48 pm, Robert Coe <> wrote:
    > : > On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 05:15:48 -0700 (PDT), DanP <> wrote:
    > : >
    > : > : On Jun 26, 5:28 pm, Jane Galt <> wrote:
    > : > : > FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS..
    > : > : >
    > : > : > But this group is too infested with communist types to have a
    > : > : > viable discussion about photo topics.
    > : > :
    > : > : By your logic Pablo Picasso work is all rubbish.
    > : >
    > : > That's a poor analogy. Pablo Picasso's work *is* all rubbish.
    > : >
    > : > Bob
    > :
    > : Do you use Canon or Nikon?
    >
    > I ought to have better sense than to answer that. But what the hell, everybody
    > in this group knows anyway. I was a Nikon user in the film days and switched
    > to Canon when I went digital.
    >
    > So what's that got to do with Pablo Picasso? I'd guess he was a Leica user,
    > assuming he ever took photographs at all.
    >
    > Bob

    Your strong remark about Picasso made me think you would be the strong
    opinionated type that gets involved into the silly Nikon vs Canon
    debate.
    It was a wild shot and I have missed.

    IMHO Picasso reinvented painting and was a genius.
    In the not so humble opinion of the experts he is still a genius.

    DanP

    DanP, Jun 29, 2010
  12. DanP

    Peter Guest

    "Doug McDonald" <> wrote in message
    > On 6/29/2010 4:25 AM, Paul Heslop wrote:
    >
    >>> You don't have to be a right-winger to dislike Michael Moore. I think
    >>> he's a fraud. Like Beck, Hannity, Limbaugh, and the rest of the
    >>> radical fringe, Moore presents selected bits that support his
    >>> positions. Moore's a radical, but at the opposite end of the spectrum
    >>> from the others mentioned.

    >> oh yeah, I take much of what he says with a pinch of salt. I don't
    >> think he lies, as such, but has a very narrow field of view. But then
    >> he is in the entertainment business where fox 'news' is supposedly a
    >> news channel.
    >>

    > The difference is that the Fox News commentators are basically right.

    That pun was not intended. But you are right, too.

    > You will note that O'Reilly hates certain CNBC personalities ...
    > but not others. Fact is, the CNBC business types agree with him.

    O'Reilly is a hypocritical bastard. Although several on the MSNBC people
    have offered to debate him, he has never accepted. I'm sure Roger world let
    him if he though Billo would win the debate.

    --
    Peter

    Peter, Jun 29, 2010
  13. DanP

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Doug McDonald wrote:

    > On 6/29/2010 4:25 AM, Paul Heslop wrote:
    >
    > >> You don't have to be a right-winger to dislike Michael Moore. I think
    > >> he's a fraud. Like Beck, Hannity, Limbaugh, and the rest of the
    > >> radical fringe, Moore presents selected bits that support his
    > >> positions. Moore's a radical, but at the opposite end of the spectrum
    > >> from the others mentioned.

    > > oh yeah, I take much of what he says with a pinch of salt. I don't
    > > think he lies, as such, but has a very narrow field of view. But then
    > > he is in the entertainment business where fox 'news' is supposedly a
    > > news channel.
    > >

    > The difference is that the Fox News commentators are basically right.
    >
    > You will note that O'Reilly hates certain CNBC personalities ...
    > but not others. Fact is, the CNBC business types agree with him.
    >
    > Doug McDonald

    right as in wing? :O)

    Paul Heslop, Jun 29, 2010
  14. DanP

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Ray Fischer wrote:

    > Doug McDonald <> wrote:

    > >> oh yeah, I take much of what he says with a pinch of salt. I don't
    > >> think he lies, as such, but has a very narrow field of view. But then
    > >> he is in the entertainment business where fox 'news' is supposedly a
    > >> news channel.

    > >The difference is that the Fox News commentators are basically right.

    > LOL!
    >
    > That's why polls show Faux News viewers to be most likely to be
    > misinformed about national events. That's why Faux News actually when
    > to court to defend its right to lie.
    >
    > --
    > Ray Fischer

    I like that, Faux News. it has the same standing as Tony Bliar.

    Paul Heslop, Jun 29, 2010
  15. DanP

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 23:21:05 -0400, tony cooper <>
    wrote:
    : On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 20:31:08 -0500, Jane Galt <>
    : wrote:
    :
    : >Paul Heslop <> wrote :
    : >
    : >> Jane Galt wrote:
    : >>>
    : >>> Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote :
    : >>>
    : >>> >> Glenn Beck? The presence of "Beck" and "thinks" in the same sentence
    : >>> >> is oxymoronic.
    : >>> >
    : >>> > I should have said, deluded into pontificating.
    : >>> >
    : >>> >
    : >>>
    : >>> http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2541446/posts
    : >>>
    : >>> THE ANATOMY OF A SMEAR:
    : >>> How the Left is fighting to silence Glenn Beck
    : >>> ...
    : >>>
    : >>> Fascinating article, describes these guys to a T.
    : >>
    : >> I bet you hate Michael Moore
    : >
    : >You win that bet.
    :
    : You don't have to be a right-winger to dislike Michael Moore. I think
    : he's a fraud. Like Beck, Hannity, Limbaugh, and the rest of the
    : radical fringe, Moore presents selected bits that support his
    : positions. Moore's a radical, but at the opposite end of the spectrum
    : from the others mentioned.

    There's a difference, though: Beck, Hannity, and Limbaugh make fools of
    themselves, virtually unassisted. Moore invites his targets to make fools of
    themselves, and they almost invariably comply. You may not like the tactics
    Moore uses to expose his fools, but they're fools nevertheless.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Jun 30, 2010