Re: Camera follow-up

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Paul Heslop, Jun 26, 2010.

  1. Paul Heslop

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Jane Galt wrote:

    > FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
    >
    > But this group is too infested with communist types to have a viable
    > discussion about photo topics.

    heh, communist types.

    --
    Paul (we break easy)
    Stop and Look

    Paul Heslop, Jun 26, 2010

  2. Jane Galt wrote:
    > Paul Heslop <> wrote :
    >
    >> Jane Galt wrote:
    >>> FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
    >>>
    >>> But this group is too infested with communist types to have a viable
    >>> discussion about photo topics.
    >>>

    >> heh, communist types.
    >>

    > If the shoe fits, dont deny it.

    We have a couple of persistent pests, incorrectly called trolls, an
    occasional real troll wanders by, but by and large even old Joe McC
    wouldn't have bothered.

    --
    john mcwilliams

    John McWilliams, Jun 27, 2010

  3. Paul Heslop

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Jane Galt wrote:

    > Paul Heslop <> wrote :
    >
    > > Jane Galt wrote:
    > >>
    > >> FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
    > >>
    > >> But this group is too infested with communist types to have a viable
    > >> discussion about photo topics.
    > >>

    > > heh, communist types.
    > >

    > If the shoe fits, dont deny it.

    Communist types? um, what does that have to do with cameras?

    Paul Heslop, Jun 27, 2010
  4. Paul Heslop

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Gilford Brimly wrote:

    > On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 08:44:12 +0100, Paul Heslop
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Jane Galt wrote:

    > >> If the shoe fits, dont deny it.
    > >>

    > >Communist types? um, what does that have to do with cameras?

    > It means, since you are so ignorant and inept, that anyone who prescribes
    > to any totalitarian system where they not only believe in, but encourage,
    > others to make their decisions for them, that those people's opinions can't
    > be trusted because they are incapable of thinking for themselves. (You
    > know, people just like you.) Whether it be for a camera or a government,
    > they are servile ass-kissing idiots who cannot think nor reason for
    > themselves.
    >
    > Having said that, be reminded that true communistic cultures as existed
    > with Native Americans and other tribes around the world in the past, are
    > not the pre-existing concept nor modern definition of "communism". Where
    > totalitarianism and dictatorship are more aligned to the concept. True
    > communism is a wonderful thing, total freedom for all, no leaders, no
    > rulers, each person's opinion having equal weight, etc. But humanity is not
    > ready for true communism. They've not evolved enough yet. And most likely
    > never will. There's that "greed gene" that they have yet to identify and
    > discard. There merest hint of greed by even one individual will always
    > destroy true communism in an instant.

    and yet, oh gobby one, whoever you are, none of that has anything to
    do with photography. Might as well have said too many
    black/red/yellow/small/fat/thin people. If you want to talk about
    ignorance then surely this sort of blanket statement is the problem?
    Who the hell says we 'encourage others to make our decisions for us'

    have you seen the people running the UK at the moment? Communists?
    hah.

    Paul Heslop, Jun 27, 2010
  5. Paul Heslop

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 21:56:54 +0100, Paul Heslop <>
    wrote:
    : Jane Galt wrote:
    : >
    : > FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
    : >
    : > But this group is too infested with communist types to have a viable
    : > discussion about photo topics.
    : >
    : heh, communist types.

    Well, consider the source. Jane appears to have named herself after a
    character in one of Ayn Rand's ultra-capitalist screeds. Everything looks
    yellow to a jaundiced eye.

    Not that the group actually is infested with communist types, but that
    wouldn't preclude a viable discussion about photo topics. After all, the
    Exakta was made in East Germany. ;^)

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Jun 27, 2010
  6. Paul Heslop

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 03:00:16 -0500, Gilford Brimly
    <> wrote:
    : On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 08:44:12 +0100, Paul Heslop
    : <> wrote:
    :
    : >Jane Galt wrote:
    : >>
    : >> Paul Heslop <> wrote :
    : >>
    : >> > Jane Galt wrote:
    : >> >>
    : >> >> FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
    : >> >>
    : >> >> But this group is too infested with communist types to have a viable
    : >> >> discussion about photo topics.
    : >> >>
    : >> > heh, communist types.
    : >> >
    : >>
    : >> If the shoe fits, dont deny it.
    : >>
    : >Communist types? um, what does that have to do with cameras?
    :
    : It means, since you are so ignorant and inept, that anyone who prescribes
    : to any totalitarian system where they not only believe in, but encourage,
    : others to make their decisions for them, that those people's opinions can't
    : be trusted because they are incapable of thinking for themselves. (You
    : know, people just like you.) Whether it be for a camera or a government,
    : they are servile ass-kissing idiots who cannot think nor reason for
    : themselves.

    Good description. In the U.S., the type is personified by those who support
    the "Tea Party" movement and who voted for George Bush.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Jun 27, 2010
  7. Paul Heslop

    Dudley Hanks Guest

    "Robert Coe" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 21:56:54 +0100, Paul Heslop
    > <>
    > wrote:
    > : Jane Galt wrote:
    > : >
    > : > FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
    > : >
    > : > But this group is too infested with communist types to have a viable
    > : > discussion about photo topics.
    > : >
    > : heh, communist types.
    >
    > Well, consider the source. Jane appears to have named herself after a
    > character in one of Ayn Rand's ultra-capitalist screeds. Everything looks
    > yellow to a jaundiced eye.
    >
    > Not that the group actually is infested with communist types, but that
    > wouldn't preclude a viable discussion about photo topics. After all, the
    > Exakta was made in East Germany. ;^)
    >
    > Bob

    To Jane, you have to be far right of a Republican to avoid the "communist"
    label...

    Take Care,
    Dudley

    Dudley Hanks, Jun 27, 2010
  8. Paul Heslop

    tony cooper Guest

    On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 10:38:58 -0400, Robert Coe <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 21:56:54 +0100, Paul Heslop <>
    >wrote:
    >: Jane Galt wrote:
    >: >
    >: > FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
    >: >
    >: > But this group is too infested with communist types to have a viable
    >: > discussion about photo topics.
    >: >
    >: heh, communist types.
    >
    >Well, consider the source. Jane appears to have named herself after a
    >character in one of Ayn Rand's ultra-capitalist screeds. Everything looks
    >yellow to a jaundiced eye.
    >
    >Not that the group actually is infested with communist types, but that
    >wouldn't preclude a viable discussion about photo topics. After all, the
    >Exakta was made in East Germany. ;^)

    One wonders if any of the parts used by the makers of the SD34000IS
    were made in Communist China. The owners of most cameras purchase
    something imported from China, whether it be camera bag or accessory.

    I'm sure Ms Galt is a Communist sympathizer and supports that evil
    regime with some of her purchases. She should be pilloried by a
    Congressional committee.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Jun 27, 2010
  9. Paul Heslop

    Pete Guest

    On 2010-06-27 16:07:43 +0100, Dudley Hanks said:

    > "Robert Coe" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 21:56:54 +0100, Paul Heslop <>
    >> wrote:
    >> : Jane Galt wrote:
    >> : >
    >> : > FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
    >> : >
    >> : > But this group is too infested with communist types to have a viable
    >> : > discussion about photo topics.
    >> : >
    >> : heh, communist types.
    >>
    >> Well, consider the source. Jane appears to have named herself after a
    >> character in one of Ayn Rand's ultra-capitalist screeds. Everything looks
    >> yellow to a jaundiced eye.
    >>
    >> Not that the group actually is infested with communist types, but that
    >> wouldn't preclude a viable discussion about photo topics. After all, the
    >> Exakta was made in East Germany. ;^)
    >>
    >> Bob

    > To Jane, you have to be far right of a Republican to avoid the
    > "communist" label...

    And agree with everything she says.

    --
    Pete

    Pete, Jun 27, 2010
  10. Paul Heslop

    Dave Cohen Guest

    Robert Coe wrote:
    > On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 21:56:54 +0100, Paul Heslop <>
    > wrote:
    > : Jane Galt wrote:
    > : >
    > : > FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
    > : >
    > : > But this group is too infested with communist types to have a viable
    > : > discussion about photo topics.
    > : >
    > : heh, communist types.
    >
    > Well, consider the source. Jane appears to have named herself after a
    > character in one of Ayn Rand's ultra-capitalist screeds. Everything looks
    > yellow to a jaundiced eye.
    >
    > Not that the group actually is infested with communist types, but that
    > wouldn't preclude a viable discussion about photo topics. After all, the
    > Exakta was made in East Germany. ;^)
    >
    > Bob

    Of course that camera, as with a number of others was conceived and
    built prior to wwii.
    As for the communist bit, I assume our Jane resides on the US side of
    the pond where they wouldn't know a communist if they woke up in bed
    with one and know even less the philosophical basis of the movement.
    In fact, most can't distinguish between the terms communist, fascist,
    atheist, democracy, capitalist etc. and cavalierly throw these terms
    around to those with whom they disagree, intending such as an insult
    rather rather than any true meaning of the terms. But who cares.

    Dave Cohen, Jun 27, 2010
  11. Paul Heslop

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Robert Coe wrote:

    > On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 03:00:16 -0500, Gilford Brimly
    > <> wrote:
    > : On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 08:44:12 +0100, Paul Heslop
    > : <> wrote:
    > :
    > : >Jane Galt wrote:
    > : >>
    > : >> Paul Heslop <> wrote :
    > : >>
    > : >> > Jane Galt wrote:
    > : >> >>
    > : >> >> FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
    > : >> >>
    > : >> >> But this group is too infested with communist types to have a viable
    > : >> >> discussion about photo topics.
    > : >> >>
    > : >> > heh, communist types.
    > : >> >
    > : >>
    > : >> If the shoe fits, dont deny it.
    > : >>
    > : >Communist types? um, what does that have to do with cameras?
    > :
    > : It means, since you are so ignorant and inept, that anyone who prescribes
    > : to any totalitarian system where they not only believe in, but encourage,
    > : others to make their decisions for them, that those people's opinions can't
    > : be trusted because they are incapable of thinking for themselves. (You
    > : know, people just like you.) Whether it be for a camera or a government,
    > : they are servile ass-kissing idiots who cannot think nor reason for
    > : themselves.
    >
    > Good description. In the U.S., the type is personified by those who support
    > the "Tea Party" movement and who voted for George Bush.
    >
    > Bob

    didn't Bush talk everyone into giving up rights for 'the war on
    terror'?

    Paul Heslop, Jun 27, 2010
  12. Paul Heslop

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Robert Coe wrote:

    > On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 21:56:54 +0100, Paul Heslop <>
    > wrote:
    > : Jane Galt wrote:
    > : >
    > : > FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
    > : >
    > : > But this group is too infested with communist types to have a viable
    > : > discussion about photo topics.
    > : >
    > : heh, communist types.
    >
    > Well, consider the source. Jane appears to have named herself after a
    > character in one of Ayn Rand's ultra-capitalist screeds. Everything looks
    > yellow to a jaundiced eye.
    >
    > Not that the group actually is infested with communist types, but that
    > wouldn't preclude a viable discussion about photo topics. After all, the
    > Exakta was made in East Germany. ;^)
    >
    > Bob

    :O) I thought she was saying that we are all part of a commune, like
    we as a group are too entrenched to be of any use to her.

    Paul Heslop, Jun 27, 2010
  13. Paul Heslop

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Pete wrote:

    > On 2010-06-27 16:07:43 +0100, Dudley Hanks said:
    >
    > > "Robert Coe" <> wrote in message
    > >> On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 21:56:54 +0100, Paul Heslop <>
    > >> wrote:
    > >> : Jane Galt wrote:
    > >> : >
    > >> : > FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
    > >> : >
    > >> : > But this group is too infested with communist types to have a viable
    > >> : > discussion about photo topics.
    > >> : >
    > >> : heh, communist types.
    > >>
    > >> Well, consider the source. Jane appears to have named herself after a
    > >> character in one of Ayn Rand's ultra-capitalist screeds. Everything looks
    > >> yellow to a jaundiced eye.
    > >>
    > >> Not that the group actually is infested with communist types, but that
    > >> wouldn't preclude a viable discussion about photo topics. After all, the
    > >> Exakta was made in East Germany. ;^)
    > >>
    > >> Bob

    > > To Jane, you have to be far right of a Republican to avoid the
    > > "communist" label...

    > And agree with everything she says.

    that's the magic answer!

    Paul Heslop, Jun 27, 2010
  14. "Dave Cohen" <> wrote in message

    > As for the communist bit, I assume our Jane resides on the US side of the pond where they wouldn't know a communist if they woke
    > up in bed with one and know even less the philosophical basis of the movement.
    > In fact, most can't distinguish between the terms communist, fascist, atheist, democracy, capitalist etc. and cavalierly throw
    > these terms around to those with whom they disagree, intending such as an insult rather rather than any true meaning of the terms.
    > But who cares.

    How true, and, how true...! 8^)
    I don't know why Americans are so often so stupid about politics, but,
    as with, "I don't know anything about art, but I know what I like", many
    Americans are often similar with politics, making their uninformed
    comments about it useless (although potentially dangerous...).
    --DR

    David Ruether, Jun 27, 2010
  15. Paul Heslop

    Peter Guest

    "Dudley Hanks" <> wrote in message

    > "Robert Coe" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 21:56:54 +0100, Paul Heslop
    >> <>
    >> wrote:
    >> : Jane Galt wrote:
    >> : >
    >> : > FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
    >> : >
    >> : > But this group is too infested with communist types to have a viable
    >> : > discussion about photo topics.
    >> : >
    >> : heh, communist types.
    >>
    >> Well, consider the source. Jane appears to have named herself after a
    >> character in one of Ayn Rand's ultra-capitalist screeds. Everything looks
    >> yellow to a jaundiced eye.
    >>
    >> Not that the group actually is infested with communist types, but that
    >> wouldn't preclude a viable discussion about photo topics. After all, the
    >> Exakta was made in East Germany. ;^)
    >>
    >> Bob

    > To Jane, you have to be far right of a Republican to avoid the "communist"
    > label...

    Coming from her, the "communist" label is a badge of honor

    --
    Peter

    Peter, Jun 27, 2010
  16. Paul Heslop

    Peter Guest

    "David Ruether" <> wrote in message

    > "Dave Cohen" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> As for the communist bit, I assume our Jane resides on the US side of the
    >> pond where they wouldn't know a communist if they woke up in bed with one
    >> and know even less the philosophical basis of the movement.
    >> In fact, most can't distinguish between the terms communist, fascist,
    >> atheist, democracy, capitalist etc. and cavalierly throw these terms
    >> around to those with whom they disagree, intending such as an insult
    >> rather rather than any true meaning of the terms. But who cares.

    > How true, and, how true...! 8^)
    > I don't know why Americans are so often so stupid about politics, but,
    > as with, "I don't know anything about art, but I know what I like", many
    > Americans are often similar with politics, making their uninformed
    > comments about it useless (although potentially dangerous...).

    This is a very frightening indicator of the level of our ignorance:

    http://www.aolnews.com/the-point/ar...cant-name-any-supreme-court-justices/19500941

    http://tinyurl.com/23r574s

    That is what makes the tea party movement and the extreme right so popular.
    Through oversimplification, they eliminate the need for thinking and factual
    analysis.

    --
    Peter

    Peter, Jun 27, 2010
  17. Paul Heslop

    Peter Guest

    "Jane Galt" <> wrote in message
    > Gilford Brimly <> wrote :
    >

    >> It means, since you are so ignorant and inept, that anyone who prescribes
    >> to any totalitarian system where they not only believe in, but encourage,
    >> others to make their decisions for them, that those people's opinions
    >> can't
    >> be trusted because they are incapable of thinking for themselves. (You
    >> know, people just like you.) Whether it be for a camera or a government,
    >> they are servile ass-kissing idiots who cannot think nor reason for
    >> themselves.
    >>
    >> Having said that, be reminded that true communistic cultures as existed
    >> with Native Americans and other tribes around the world in the past, are
    >> not the pre-existing concept nor modern definition of "communism". Where
    >> totalitarianism and dictatorship are more aligned to the concept. True
    >> communism is a wonderful thing, total freedom for all, no leaders, no
    >> rulers, each person's opinion having equal weight, etc. But humanity is
    >> not
    >> ready for true communism. They've not evolved enough yet. And most likely
    >> never will. There's that "greed gene" that they have yet to identify and
    >> discard. There merest hint of greed by even one individual will always
    >> destroy true communism in an instant.

    > I dont even know if those labels accurately describe what you're
    > advocating.
    >
    > I see the struggle as having always been between self ownership of our own
    > lives and individual rights, and collective ownership of our lives and
    > forced-collectivism.

    Perhaps the posting of shots from the polder are appropriate. Do you
    understand the polder concept. It has a common root with civilization.

    > Those are objective standards that strip away all the misused labels.

    Spoken from the person who freely misuses labels

    --
    Peter

    Peter, Jun 27, 2010
  18. Savageduck wrote:

    > For the most part, the terms "communist", "socialist", "leftist",
    > "fascist", "elitist", etc. etc. are epithets ignorantly thrown about by
    > knee-jerk reactionaries. They might as well use, "bastard" or "SOB"
    > because their ignorance of the true meaning of the words makes the
    > insult lame.

    Yes, and they do! Ignorance and churlishness at the extremes of both
    left and right are the rule, not the exception. Please note I say
    "extremes". (Not underlining for you, Duck, but a few others.)

    --
    john mcwilliams

    John McWilliams, Jun 27, 2010
  19. Paul Heslop

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Jane Galt wrote:

    > Gilford Brimly <> wrote :
    >
    > > It means, since you are so ignorant and inept, that anyone who prescribes
    > > to any totalitarian system where they not only believe in, but encourage,
    > > others to make their decisions for them, that those people's opinions can't
    > > be trusted because they are incapable of thinking for themselves. (You
    > > know, people just like you.) Whether it be for a camera or a government,
    > > they are servile ass-kissing idiots who cannot think nor reason for
    > > themselves.
    > >
    > > Having said that, be reminded that true communistic cultures as existed
    > > with Native Americans and other tribes around the world in the past, are
    > > not the pre-existing concept nor modern definition of "communism". Where
    > > totalitarianism and dictatorship are more aligned to the concept. True
    > > communism is a wonderful thing, total freedom for all, no leaders, no
    > > rulers, each person's opinion having equal weight, etc. But humanity is not
    > > ready for true communism. They've not evolved enough yet. And most likely
    > > never will. There's that "greed gene" that they have yet to identify and
    > > discard. There merest hint of greed by even one individual will always
    > > destroy true communism in an instant.

    > I dont even know if those labels accurately describe what you're advocating.
    >
    > I see the struggle as having always been between self ownership of our own
    > lives and individual rights, and collective ownership of our lives and
    > forced-collectivism.
    >
    > Those are objective standards that strip away all the misused labels.
    >
    > --
    > - Jane Galt

    and still have nowt to do with photography

    Paul Heslop, Jun 27, 2010
  20. Paul Heslop

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Peter wrote:

    > "Dudley Hanks" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Robert Coe" <> wrote in message
    > >> On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 21:56:54 +0100, Paul Heslop
    > >> <>
    > >> wrote:
    > >> : Jane Galt wrote:
    > >> : >
    > >> : > FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
    > >> : >
    > >> : > But this group is too infested with communist types to have a viable
    > >> : > discussion about photo topics.
    > >> : >
    > >> : heh, communist types.
    > >>
    > >> Well, consider the source. Jane appears to have named herself after a
    > >> character in one of Ayn Rand's ultra-capitalist screeds. Everything looks
    > >> yellow to a jaundiced eye.
    > >>
    > >> Not that the group actually is infested with communist types, but that
    > >> wouldn't preclude a viable discussion about photo topics. After all, the
    > >> Exakta was made in East Germany. ;^)
    > >>
    > >> Bob

    > > To Jane, you have to be far right of a Republican to avoid the "communist"
    > > label...
    > >

    > Coming from her, the "communist" label is a badge of honor
    >
    > --
    > Peter

    oh, okay I shall wear it with pride :O)

    Paul Heslop, Jun 27, 2010