Re: Camera direct to portable storage tank ?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Chris Watts, Aug 5, 2003.

  1. Chris Watts

    Chris Watts Guest

    "><((((º>" <> wrote in message
    > G'day,
    >
    > Is there an image tank available that you can connect direct to a digi cam
    > like the Canon 10D and store images right from the card on the camera ?
    >
    > I know you can get ones that you can plug your card into, but some people
    > don't like removing their microdrives from their cameras.
    >
    > Suggestions ?

    Yes, the device is called a notebook pc ;-)
    Of course you will need an appropriate interface (probably USB) and cable to
    suit the camera.

    Chris

    Chris Watts, Aug 5, 2003

  2. Chris Watts

    Don Coon Guest

    "Chris Watts" <> wrote in message

    > "><((((º>" <> wrote in message
    > > G'day,
    > >
    > > Is there an image tank available that you can connect direct to a digi

    cam
    > > like the Canon 10D and store images right from the card on the camera ?
    > >
    > > I know you can get ones that you can plug your card into, but some

    people
    > > don't like removing their microdrives from their cameras.
    > >
    > > Suggestions ?

    > Yes, the device is called a notebook pc ;-)
    > Of course you will need an appropriate interface (probably USB) and cable

    > suit the camera.
    >
    > Chris

    The SW and USB cable are included with the 10D.

    Don Coon, Aug 5, 2003

  3. Chris Watts

    > Guest

    The problem for most of the customers I serve is that they don't like taking
    their notebooks to shoots when they are on the road.

    I'm sure it wont be long before a PDA/Image tank device comes out though.

    Sony has the mini Laptop Vaio thing, that kinda works but even still it's
    kinda bulky.

    --
    Tony

    Remove the .fish after .com to reply