Re: Camedia/Olympus/XP Pro

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Marvin Margoshes, Jul 29, 2003.

  1. <> wrote in message
    news:3f26b3ea$...
    > I just upgraded from Windows 98 to XP Pro, and now my camera (Olympus 3000
    > zoom) won't communicate with the computer. Has anyone had any issues
    > regarding the Camedia 2.0 conflicting with XP Pro? I called Olympus tech
    > support and they sent me a copymof camedia 2.1, but same problem!@$!@#$

    When I got a new computer with Win XP Home a few months back, it would not
    recognize my Oly 3020 until I installed Camedia 2.5 (not 2.1). The url for
    this upgrade at olympusamerica.com is
    http://www.olympusamerica.com/files/CM251_Update.exe.

    Camedia does not start up when I connect the camera, but WinXP recognizes
    the memory card. Actually, I prefer to use a card reader, but I can connect
    the camera if needed.

    Marvin Margoshes, Jul 29, 2003