Re: Calling UK mobiles from Betamax/Finarea

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by cybuerke, Aug 6, 2008.

  1. cybuerke

    cybuerke Guest

    "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx_spam@trapped__hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Which is the cheapest Betamax/Finarea 'brands' for calling UK mobiles at
    > the
    > moment?
    >
    > TIA.

    I was going to suggest looking up www.backsla.sh/betamax but he appears to
    be incommunicado at the mo.

    voipstunt are £0.146.
    cybuerke, Aug 6, 2008

  2. cybuerke

    > That's who I use as my main provider as I have a decent number with them,
    > what I'm after is having a local number (which I already have) pointing to
    > the cheapest provider (which currently points to VoIPStunt - so take
    > calls
    > on both numbers) which is then set to point at my mobile, so callers can
    > call me on a regular 01 number, but I take the call on my mobile.

    That's fiendish! It also appeals greatly... But you know betamax - you do
    the graft, set it all up. and next day they swap the rates around without a
    by-your-leave. :-(
    cybuerke, Aug 6, 2008

  3. cybuerke

    Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 21:24:46 +0100, {{{{{Welcome}}}}}
    <bhx_spam@trapped__hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

    >cybuerke wrote
    > on Wed, 6 Aug 2008 20:39:16 +0100 in message
    > <>:
    >

    >>"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx_spam@trapped__hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>> Which is the cheapest Betamax/Finarea 'brands' for calling UK mobiles at
    >>> the
    >>> moment?
    >>>
    >>> TIA.

    >>I was going to suggest looking up www.backsla.sh/betamax but he appears to
    >>be incommunicado at the mo.
    >>

    >Yeah.
    >
    >>voipstunt are £0.146.
    >>

    >That's who I use as my main provider as I have a decent number with them,
    >what I'm after is having a local number (which I already have) pointing to
    >the cheapest provider (which currently points to VoIPStunt - so take calls
    >on both numbers) which is then set to point at my mobile, so callers can
    >call me on a regular 01 number, but I take the call on my mobile.

    Yes, I see that www.backsla.sh/betamax are still down.
    JustVoip mobile rate is 7c/minute. I think that was one of the best
    ones and you get 4 months of free landline calls.
    If you check out the rates list they always show it as pre-VAT, then
    there's the handling charge when you pay the 10 Euros. So, I find that
    pre-VAT rate in Euros is about the same as the real cost you pay in
    pence as the handling charge needs to be part of the equation. So, it
    can be said that the real cost on JustVoip will be about 7p/minute.
    They show it as 6.6 inc VAT but that ignores the handling charge.

    ---
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    ---
    Brian A, Aug 6, 2008
  4. {{{{{Welcome}}}}} <bhx_spam@trapped__hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
    > Yeah, they do seem to alter the prices :-(

    Tell me about it :( I set up a page watcher on SMSListo's prices page, and
    there are changes almost every day. Interestingly a lot of SMS prices went
    down a halfpenny or so the other day, but some calls have gone up. They
    also regularly switch around the 'SuperDeal' tags at random, just to defeat
    such page watching I assume.

    It might be quite fun to set up a graphing site that tracks each destination
    :)

    Theo
    Theo Markettos, Aug 7, 2008
  5. Jono a écrit :
    > Brian A was thinking very hard :
    >

    > However, if you give a non-EU address at sign up, there's no VAT charged...

    Okay, but what about registring EU phone numbers ?

    --
    Cordialement,
    ________________

    __o
    _'\(,_
    (_)/ (_)
    André Tuytschaver, Aug 7, 2008
  6. Jono a écrit :
    > André Tuytschaver laid this down on his screen :
    >> Jono a écrit :
    >>> Brian A was thinking very hard :
    >>>

    >>> However, if you give a non-EU address at sign up, there's no VAT
    >>> charged...

    >> Okay, but what about registring EU phone numbers ?

    > I don't think it checks at that point....YMMV

    I'll try next time. Thanks.

    --
    Cordialement,
    ________________

    __o
    _'\(,_
    (_)/ (_)
    André Tuytschaver, Aug 7, 2008
  7. cybuerke

    Mike Sun Guest

    "Jose" <> wrote in message
    > Whre in JustVoip's site can one find its rates for after the freedays
    > have expired?? I've tried, and I'm being redirected to webcall
    > direct...
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Jose

    http://www.justvoip.com/en/freetrial.html - it's well hidden i.e. go to the
    bottom of page, to click * limited offer, click here , then bottom of page
    again and click "normal rates" in orange !!

    By the way, has anyone noticed that SMS is charged even though it is claimed
    to be free provided you are in "freedays" mode?
    Mike Sun, Aug 9, 2008
  8. www.GymRatZ.co.uk a écrit :
    > André Tuytschaver wrote:
    >
    >> Okay, but what about registring EU phone numbers ?

    > No problem.
    > I registered as USA and was abe to set up and register all UK phone
    > numbers + Mobiles.

    Great ! It won't take a long time to open a new account ;-)

    --
    Cordialement,
    ________________

    __o
    _'\(,_
    (_)/ (_)
    André Tuytschaver, Aug 10, 2008
  9. Mike Sun <> wrote:
    > By the way, has anyone noticed that SMS is charged even though it is claimed
    > to be free provided you are in "freedays" mode?

    There ain't free SMS no more:
    http://www.justvoip.com/en/sms-rates.html

    Many of Betamax's brands have taken a big hike in SMS costs recently.

    Theo
    Theo Markettos, Aug 11, 2008