Re: Calling SIP experts, help please (Senao WiFi phone)

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by TheFug, Apr 30, 2008.

  1. TheFug

    TheFug Guest

    Martin² schreef:
    > My Senao SI 7800H WiFi phone works OK when I call PSTN numbers, but I don't
    > get incoming sound when I call other Sipgate users. It works OK when another
    > Sipgate user calls me. Works when I call 10000.
    > Sipgate just advised me to forward ports.
    > (which is all very well, but you can't on friends or public WiFi, but that's
    > for another time).
    > I forward ports 3478, 3479, 5004, 5060, 8000, 10000 to my phone. Tried all
    > possible combinations of settings and FWD Stun, but to no avail.
    > I have borrowed Zyxel P-2000W V2 phone, used the same settings, and it works
    > fine !
    >
    > So my question is, what is the difference between calling PSTN and another
    > Sipgate user ?
    > (haven't tried other VoIP providers)
    > Is there a different port used to receive sound ?
    > Thanks, regards,
    > Martin

    Your provider is right, but can't you define the ports, and proxies in
    your WiFi phone ? then it doesn't matter anymore i guess.....
    It also support all common used codecs ? these are corrct set ?

    --
    Bedankt, Thanks,

    The Fug.

    (A free service)
    TheFug, Apr 30, 2008

  2. TheFug

    cybuerke Guest

    cybuerke, May 5, 2008

  3. TheFug

    alexd Guest

    On Mon, 05 May 2008 02:34:11 +0100, Martin² wrote:

    > Finally got another terse reply from Sipgate: "please contact the
    > manufacturer to find out which RTP (media) ports are used by the
    > device."
    > I did send an email to Senao (Singapore) some time ago and got no reply.

    The Senao should use whatever RTP port(s) you tell it to. For example
    I've told my Asterisk box to use 50000-60000. I made a few test calls [to
    landline, mobile, freephone and 10000] and I found that the port at my
    end was always 50000-57000 [as expected], and the port at Sipgate's end
    was 10000-12000.

    I spotted this in the manual:

    "Note 2: Please don’t use the following subnets on the SI-7800H-
    192.168.1.x and 192.168.99.x."

    which is one of the oddest things I've ever seen in a manual for a
    handset. You're not on 192.168.1.* are you?

    > Sipgate uses port 5004 for RTP, so I guess I need to fwd it to xxxx ?

    You could cheat and forward everything to the Senao just for testing
    purposes and see if that makes a difference.

    > Any ideas ?

    I would break out the packet sniffer and see exactly what it's doing.
    OTOH, if you're still inside the 14 days, send it back and get something
    else.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    12:08:10 up 70 days, 19:03, 2 users, load average: 0.18, 0.15, 0.10
    alexd, May 5, 2008