Re: caller ID with callmanager/communication manager express

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Andrew J Cosgriff, Apr 24, 2008.

  1. Evan Mann wrote :

    > I have a CallManager Express 4.3 install with a 2 full PRI's connected
    > and it services 2 different companies (although they are internally
    > related) My provider lets me manipulate the outbound caller ID
    > number.
    >
    > I'm trying to determine a few things related to caller ID
    > 1) Can I manipulate the outbound caller ID on a per-user basis: ex:
    > every user's outbound caller ID # is their DID.

    It'll be their DID by default. You can't set the outbound caller ID on
    each phone (as you can in CM), but see below for a workaround.

    > 2) Can I manipulate the outbounder caller ID on a group of users
    > basis, using some kind of translation rule perhaps? Ex: users in
    > CompanyA all have 1 outbound number, and users in CompanyB all have a
    > differnet outbound caller ID number.

    You can do regular expression-based munging of the number - see the
    "voice translation-rule" command in the docs.

    Lots more at
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmedialp.html

    Cheers,
    Cos.