Re: Caller ID for computer?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bucky Breeder, Sep 21, 2010.

  1. <> via

    > I have my TV, telephone and internet service all through the same cable
    > company. If I'm watching TV and the phone rings, the caller ID comes up
    > on the TV screen. Nice feature. I got to wondering if, since I'm in
    > front of the computer a lot too, if there's a utility that does the same
    > thing on the computer screen, since they're all interconnected. I called
    > the cable company and they don't offer the service. But he also told me
    > they can't recommend third party programs or utilities. I tried
    > Googling but didn't come up with much. Anyone aware of any utility
    > programs that would accomplish this? Thanks.

    http://www.phonetray.com/downloads.htm

    You need a voice modem card on yer 'puter... you can check it oot.

    It's the best free one out there because you can filter calls and
    make it look like you've been disconnected, discomboobulated, or
    deceased to shake-off the old girlfriends who just wanna give it
    one more chance and then blame xome leetle babies on you... You
    can save a *bunch* of money on DNA testing. It really works!

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and this free speech message
    was transmitted through the Draconian censorship blockades!

    http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20015629-71.html

    http://www.boingboing.net/Smoky_The_Nanobot.jpg

    Bucky Breeder, Sep 21, 2010