Re: Caller ID for computer?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mike Yetto, Sep 21, 2010.

  1. Mike Yetto

    Mike Yetto Guest

    <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >I have my TV, telephone and internet service all through the same cable company.
    >If I'm watching TV and the phone rings, the caller ID comes up on the TV screen.
    >Nice feature. I got to wondering if, since I'm in front of the computer a lot
    >too, if there's a utility that does the same thing on the computer screen, since
    >they're all interconnected. I called the cable company and they don't offer the
    >service. But he also told me they can't recommend third party programs or
    >utilities. I tried Googling but didn't come up with much. Anyone aware of any
    >utility programs that would accomplish this? Thanks.

    Time-Warner/Road-Runner offer this service here along with VOIP
    phone service. I don't know how it works, or what is required,
    and I'm not even remotely interested in finding out. However,
    this does indicate that it is possible even if not implemented.

    Mike "you already called the cable company, so, no" Yetto
    In practice they are not.
    Mike Yetto, Sep 21, 2010

  2. Mike Yetto

    John Holmes Guest

    Mike Yetto "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > I don't know how it works, or what is required,
    > and I'm not even remotely interested in finding out.

    And still you bother to reply?

    --
    <snip>
    John Holmes, Sep 21, 2010