Re: Caller ID for computer?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by The Real Truth MVP, Sep 21, 2010.

  1. I use MagicJack.

    *WARNING* Please Do NOT follow any advice given by the Trolls listed
    below. Trolls CAN NOT help you. They latch on to my posts like leeches.
    David H Lipman, Peter Foldes, Barry Schwarz, PA Bear, Leythos.

    The Real Truth MVP, Sep 21, 2010

  2. The Real Truth MVP wrote:

    > I use MagicJack.

    ...which of course has nothing to do with "CallerID on PC" from a
    cable/digital phone system.

    --
    The Real Truth: http://www.google.com/search?q=pcbutts1 software thief
    They do NOT have the expertise or knowledge to fix your issue. Do not

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 21, 2010

  3. Yes it does you dumbass, please don't comment on posts you know nothing
    about.

    The Real Truth MVP, Sep 21, 2010
  4. The Real Truth MVP wrote:

    > Yes it does you dumbass, please don't comment on posts you know
    > nothing about.

    You see ... I have cable digital phone with CallerID on TV .. and the
    company is advertising a lot to add CallerID on PC. So, I obviously know
    more about it than you do.

    Explain how, when the OP said "I have my TV, telephone and internet
    service all through the same cable company" and he wants the same
    CallerID on PC that he already has with CallerID on TV.

    How is magicjack going to put his cable digital calls on his PC?

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 21, 2010
  5. The Real Truth MVP <> via

    > <> wrote in message
    >
    >> I have my TV, telephone and internet service all through
    >> the same cable company. If I'm watching TV and the phone
    >> rings, the caller ID comes up on the TV screen. Nice
    >> feature. I got to wondering if, since I'm in front of
    >> the computer a lot too, if there's a utility that does
    >> the same thing on the computer screen, since they're all
    >> interconnected. I called the cable company and they don't
    >> offer the service. But he also told me they can't
    >> recommend third party programs or utilities. I tried
    >> Googling but didn't come up with much. Anyone aware of
    >> any utility programs that would accomplish this? Thanks.

    > I use MagicJack.

    I use MagicJack to trim my hedges *and* balance my checkbooks.

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and this free speech message
    was transmitted through the Draconian censorship blockades!

    http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20015629-71.html

    http://www.boingboing.net/Smoky_The_Nanobot.jpg

    Bucky Breeder, Sep 21, 2010