Re: Caller I.D. Query

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Graham., May 30, 2013.

  1. Graham.

    Graham. Guest

    On Thu, 30 May 2013 17:27:02 +0100, "www.GymRatZ.co.uk"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi Folks,
    >Is the way VOIP caller ID displayed (or not) simply down to the way the
    >recipients telephone network handles it or is it more random depending
    >on call routes further up the chain?
    >
    >Reason being my Orange (now EE) mobile phones always show CID when
    >called from home or shop over any of the betamax suppliers as indeed it
    >shows up on the majority of customers phones however there seems to be a
    >small proportion of phone providers (mobile and other) that never
    >receive caller ID, usually just being fed an "international" CID.
    >
    >Using voipcheap for all outbound calls from mobiles also never present a
    >problem either mobile to mobile (both EE) or mobile to BT or home voip
    >numbers.
    >
    >Just wondered if anyone has tied it down to a specific operator/provider
    >or not.
    >
    >Cheese
    >Pete@

    I'm not 100% sure but I seem to remember that my CLI from voipcheap
    stopped displaying on a BT landline, I changed it from 0044 to +44
    format and it started working again. In both cases the BT line
    displayed national format 0161 etc.

    I'll try a few test calls with different formats and post back.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., May 30, 2013

  2. Graham.

    Graham. Guest

    Tests show that voipcheap.co.uk CLIs can be expressed as 0044
    (international), +44 (international), 44 (E.164), or 0 (national)

    Destinations were a BT landline and a Vodafone mobile.
    I realise hat is not an exhaustive test, I also realise it doesn't
    totally address your question.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., May 30, 2013

  3. Graham.

    Woody Guest

    "Graham." <> wrote in message

    > Tests show that voipcheap.co.uk CLIs can be expressed as 0044
    > (international), +44 (international), 44 (E.164), or 0
    > (national)
    >
    > Destinations were a BT landline and a Vodafone mobile.
    > I realise hat is not an exhaustive test, I also realise it
    > doesn't
    > totally address your question.

    Remember that BT do not show numbers from non-UK sources (i.e.
    international) as they don't believe them to be always 100%
    accurate/true. If Voipcheap is using a server outside the UK at
    the point where CLI is generated then BT would regard that as
    non-UK and not show the number, whereas most other SPs will show
    it.

    --
    Woody

    harrogate three at ntlworld dot com