Re: caller display Betamax finerea

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Salvador Freemanson, Nov 8, 2009.

  1. Graham. wrote:
    > "Stephen Hammond" <> wrote in message news:eek:PEJm.144414$2...
    >> I'm using SmartVoip and have setup a number to display with Smartvoip software, however if I use other software it doesn't display
    >> my number. How can I do this?
    >>
    >> Sorry if this is muddled bit tired
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Stephen

    > Yebut *which* other software?
    > Its just a matter of filling in the right field.
    > For example, in X-Lite and X-Pro the field you need is called "User Name"
    > and you need to fill it in in the same format you used as when you "authorised" it
    > in the Smartvoip application. Probably +44 etc.

    Thaks for this tip.
    I' ve had a similar problem on one of my voip phones and had assumed
    that it couldn't handle the caller ID feature. Its inbuilt SIP software
    has a field for username but none for number (my other phone has
    separate fields for username and number). So now I know that Betamax can
    recognise either my pseudo (salvadorfreeman) or my my phone number as an
    ID.

    Salvador Freemanson, Nov 8, 2009

  2. Stephen Hammond wrote:

    >>> Yebut *which* other software?
    >>> Its just a matter of filling in the right field.
    >>> For example, in X-Lite and X-Pro the field you need is called "User Name"
    >>> and you need to fill it in in the same format you used as when you
    >>> "authorised" it
    >>> in the Smartvoip application. Probably +44 etc.
    >>>

    >> Thaks for this tip.
    >> I' ve had a similar problem on one of my voip phones and had assumed that
    >> it couldn't handle the caller ID feature. Its inbuilt SIP software has a
    >> field for username but none for number (my other phone has separate fields
    >> for username and number). So now I know that Betamax can recognise either
    >> my pseudo (salvadorfreeman) or my my phone number as an ID.

    > I'm using one of those n9uf phones you recommend (I think it was you!)

    Yes it was!
    And it was only after reading this post that I figured out how to set
    the CLID!

    Salvador Freemanson, Nov 9, 2009

  3. Salvador Freemanson

    Graham. Guest

    "Stephen Hammond" <> wrote in message news:rV_Jm.106394$2...

    >>> I'm using one of those n9uf phones you recommend (I think it was you!)

    >> Yes it was!
    >> And it was only after reading this post that I figured out how to set the CLID!

    > I've tried this but I can't register if I input a phone number I've registered with Smartvoip rather than my username.
    > Does it have be a dial in number bought from SmartVoip. What can I be doing wrong !
    >
    > Stephen

    I suppose we will have to wait 'till Salvador comes back and tells us :)

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Nov 9, 2009
  4. Graham. wrote:
    > "Stephen Hammond" <> wrote in message news:rV_Jm.106394$2...

    >>> Yes it was!
    >>> And it was only after reading this post that I figured out how to set the CLID!

    >> I've tried this but I can't register if I input a phone number I've registered with Smartvoip rather than my username.
    >> Does it have be a dial in number bought from SmartVoip. What can I be doing wrong !
    >>
    >> Stephen

    > I suppose we will have to wait 'till Salvador comes back and tells us :)

    OK, there wasn't any particular problem, but here goes:

    The way I'm using it is as follows.
    First of all, I'm using Webcalldirect, another Betamax clone, not
    Finera, but I don't suppose that makes any difference.
    I'm using the Smarcore firmware on the Neuf phone.
    In the Voip setting menu, I set up one profile called Webcall.
    Username, one of the phone numbers registered AND VERIFIED by Webcall,
    in full international format.
    One problem I had was that the domain listed on the webcall web site was
    wrong. The one that works is sip.webcalldirect.com

    That's all

    Salvador Freemanson, Nov 10, 2009
  5. Salvador Freemanson

    Graham. Guest

    "Salvador Freemanson" <> wrote in message news:4af91cb2$0$25902$...
    > Graham. wrote:

    >>> I've tried this but I can't register if I input a phone number I've registered with Smartvoip rather than my username.
    >>> Does it have be a dial in number bought from SmartVoip. What can I be doing wrong !
    >>>
    >>> Stephen

    >> I suppose we will have to wait 'till Salvador comes back and tells us :)
    >>

    > OK, there wasn't any particular problem, but here goes:
    >
    > The way I'm using it is as follows.
    > First of all, I'm using Webcalldirect, another Betamax clone, not Finera, but I don't suppose that makes any difference.
    > I'm using the Smarcore firmware on the Neuf phone.
    > In the Voip setting menu, I set up one profile called Webcall.
    > Username, one of the phone numbers registered AND VERIFIED by Webcall, in full international format.
    > One problem I had was that the domain listed on the webcall web site was wrong. The one that works is sip.webcalldirect.com
    >
    > That's all

    Just for information, if the field on the Neuf phone where you put
    the CLI is called "Username", what is the field called where you
    put the VoIP providers user name?

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Nov 10, 2009
  6. Graham. wrote:
    > "Salvador Freemanson" <> wrote in message news:4af91cb2$0$25902$...
    >> Graham. wrote:

    >>> I suppose we will have to wait 'till Salvador comes back and tells us :)
    >>>

    >> OK, there wasn't any particular problem, but here goes:
    >>
    >> The way I'm using it is as follows.
    >> First of all, I'm using Webcalldirect, another Betamax clone, not Finera, but I don't suppose that makes any difference.
    >> I'm using the Smarcore firmware on the Neuf phone.
    >> In the Voip setting menu, I set up one profile called Webcall.
    >> Username, one of the phone numbers registered AND VERIFIED by Webcall, in full international format.
    >> One problem I had was that the domain listed on the webcall web site was wrong. The one that works is sip.webcalldirect.com
    >>
    >> That's all

    > Just for information, if the field on the Neuf phone where you put
    > the CLI is called "Username", what is the field called where you
    > put the VoIP providers user name?

    I'm not sure I quite understood your question.
    You are using the E28 Smarcore firmware, aren't you?

    You set up a new Sip profile which can be called anything you like, but
    the voip provider's name is convenient. Inside the profile, you have
    three fields: username, password, and domain.

    If you click on advanced, you have a lot more fields.
    The settings in my phone are:
    user ID salvadorfreeman
    registrar sip.webcalldirect.com
    auth realm sip.webcalldirect.com
    oubound proxy address sip.webcalldirect.com
    outbound proxy port 5060
    RTP port 1100
    expiration time 60
    prefered audio codec low-bandwidth
    provision server port 80
    All the remianinng fields (stun etc) are at the default values.

    I can' t remember whether these fields filled in automatically when I
    entered the main fields, or whether I filled them in manually.

    Salvador Freemanson, Nov 10, 2009
  7. Salvador Freemanson

    Graham. Guest

    "Salvador Freemanson" <> wrote in message news:4af994ba$0$18678$...
    > Graham. wrote:

    >>> OK, there wasn't any particular problem, but here goes:
    >>>
    >>> The way I'm using it is as follows.
    >>> First of all, I'm using Webcalldirect, another Betamax clone, not Finera, but I don't suppose that makes any difference.
    >>> I'm using the Smarcore firmware on the Neuf phone.
    >>> In the Voip setting menu, I set up one profile called Webcall.
    >>> Username, one of the phone numbers registered AND VERIFIED by Webcall, in full international format.
    >>> One problem I had was that the domain listed on the webcall web site was wrong. The one that works is sip.webcalldirect.com
    >>>
    >>> That's all

    >> Just for information, if the field on the Neuf phone where you put
    >> the CLI is called "Username", what is the field called where you
    >> put the VoIP providers user name?
    >>

    > I'm not sure I quite understood your question.
    > You are using the E28 Smarcore firmware, aren't you?
    >
    > You set up a new Sip profile which can be called anything you like, but the voip provider's name is convenient. Inside the
    > profile, you have three fields: username, password, and domain.
    >

    > If you click on advanced, you have a lot more fields.
    > The settings in my phone are:
    > user ID salvadorfreeman
    > registrar sip.webcalldirect.com
    > auth realm sip.webcalldirect.com
    > oubound proxy address sip.webcalldirect.com
    > outbound proxy port 5060
    > RTP port 1100
    > expiration time 60
    > prefered audio codec low-bandwidth
    > provision server port 80
    > All the remianinng fields (stun etc) are at the default values.
    >
    > I can' t remember whether these fields filled in automatically when I entered the main fields, or whether I filled them in
    > manually.

    I think you have answered my question now
    "username" for SIP account user name
    "user ID" for CLI (or alphanumeric string for non-PSTN systems that support them)

    I don't have a Neuf handset myself, but I read your blog about them with interest.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Nov 10, 2009
  8. Salvador Freemanson

    Graham. Guest

    "Stephen Hammond" <> wrote in message news:JMcNm.150373$2...

    >>> Just for information, if the field on the Neuf phone where you put
    >>> the CLI is called "Username", what is the field called where you
    >>> put the VoIP providers user name?
    >>>

    >> I'm not sure I quite understood your question.
    >> You are using the E28 Smarcore firmware, aren't you?
    >>
    >> You set up a new Sip profile which can be called anything you like, but the voip provider's name is convenient. Inside the
    >> profile, you have three fields: username, password, and domain.
    >>

    >> If you click on advanced, you have a lot more fields.
    >> The settings in my phone are:
    >> user ID salvadorfreeman
    >> registrar sip.webcalldirect.com
    >> auth realm sip.webcalldirect.com
    >> oubound proxy address sip.webcalldirect.com
    >> outbound proxy port 5060
    >> RTP port 1100
    >> expiration time 60
    >> prefered audio codec low-bandwidth
    >> provision server port 80
    >> All the remianinng fields (stun etc) are at the default values.
    >>
    >> I can' t remember whether these fields filled in automatically when I entered the main fields, or whether I filled them in
    >> manually.

    > I was using e28 firmware I inputted by userid hammky and everything worked OK however when I make a call the clid of the recipient
    > comes up as unavailable.
    > The recipient shows my desired number if I use Smartvoip software on my computer but not if I use the Wifi Phone or Xlite. I can't
    > input my phone number as a username as it won't accept it !
    > Have you any suggestions ?

    Mmm, I can't vouch for the Nerf handset because I have never handled one.
    I can speak with authority on X-Lite + Betamax and CLI because
    I have set that up many times
    There are three "name" fields in the account properties,
    Display name - That can be anything you like.
    User name - That is the CLI you authorised using the Betamax softphone in +44 format
    Authorization user name - That is your SmartVoIP account name.

    Does that help?

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Nov 19, 2009
  9. Salvador Freemanson

    hammond Guest

    On Nov 19, 4:55 pm, "Graham." <> wrote:

    > >> I'm not sure I quite understood your question.
    > >> You are using the E28 Smarcore firmware, aren't you?

    > >> You set up a new Sip profile which can be called anything you like, but the voip provider's name is convenient. Inside the
    > >> profile, you have three fields: username, password, and domain.

    > >> If you click on advanced, you have a lot more fields.
    > >> The settings in my phone are:
    > >> user ID  salvadorfreeman
    > >> registrar  sip.webcalldirect.com
    > >> auth realm  sip.webcalldirect.com
    > >> oubound proxy address sip.webcalldirect.com
    > >> outbound proxy port 5060
    > >> RTP port 1100
    > >> expiration time 60
    > >> prefered audio codec  low-bandwidth
    > >> provision server port 80
    > >> All the remianinng fields (stun etc) are at the default values.

    > >> I can' t remember whether these fields filled in automatically when I entered the main fields, or whether I filled them in
    > >> manually.

    > > I was using e28 firmware I inputted by userid hammky and everything worked OK however when I make a call the clid of the recipient
    > > comes up as unavailable.
    > > The recipient shows my desired number if I use Smartvoip software on my computer but not if I use the Wifi Phone or Xlite. I can't
    > > input my phone number as a username as it won't accept it !
    > > Have you any suggestions ?

    > Mmm, I can't vouch for the Nerf handset because I have never handled one.
    > I can speak with authority on X-Lite + Betamax and CLI because
    > I have set that up many times
    > There are three "name" fields in the account properties,
    > Display name - That can be anything you like.
    > User name - That is the CLI you authorised using the Betamax softphone in +44 format
    > Authorization user name - That is your SmartVoIP account name.
    >
    > Does that help?
    >
    > --
    > Graham.

    Thanks Graham for some reason I can't see your messages on my
    newsgroup reader only on google. I got things to work on Xlite. Oddly
    if you put the SmartVoip username in the UserName and leave teh
    authorization id blank it works just withelds the id.
    Anyhoo works on Xlite now :)

    hammond, Nov 21, 2009