Re: Call termination problem

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Dave Phelps, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. Dave Phelps

    Dave Phelps Guest

    In article <bee5bg$2jh8$>, says...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Cisco 1760V with 2FXO Module connected through two extension to a Panasonic
    > PBX
    > The problem is that the router does not release the line immediately after
    > hanging up. The line remains busy for up to 4-5 minutes.
    >
    > It seems as though the router does not detect correctly call termination
    > signals from the PBX

    That would be because there is no call termination signal from the PBX. FXO is not
    usually a good interface type to use for a PBX interface. The PBX not sending a
    disconnect signal is just one of several reasons.

    --
    Dave Phelps
    DD Networks
    Dave Phelps, Jul 10, 2003

  2. Thank you for your feedback.
    The other possible explanation is that the router does not correctly
    interpret call termination signal coming from the PBX?
    I have to physically unplug the cable from the FXO module to release the
    line.

    "Dave Phelps" <> wrote in message
    > In article <bee5bg$2jh8$>,

    says...

    Mabrouk@belateche, Jul 10, 2003

  3. "Mabrouk@belateche" <> wrote in message news:<bejafs$lcl$>...
    > Thank you for your feedback.
    > The other possible explanation is that the router does not correctly
    > interpret call termination signal coming from the PBX?
    > I have to physically unplug the cable from the FXO module to release the
    > line.

    But even if its not recongnizing the call terminal signal coming from
    the PBX, that doesn't explain why the line is down after 4 - 5
    minutes. Do you also have a timeout ?
    jonathan fernandes, Jul 11, 2003

    > > Thank you for your feedback.
    > > The other possible explanation is that the router does not correctly
    > > interpret call termination signal coming from the PBX?
    > > I have to physically unplug the cable from the FXO module to release the
    > > line.
    > >

    > But even if its not recongnizing the call terminal signal coming from
    > the PBX, that doesn't explain why the line is down after 4 - 5
    > minutes.
    >Do you also have a timeout ?

    -No
    -I have tried to extrapolate the accurate down time and it is about 3
    minutes.
    Actually, the problem is that after the caller terminates the call, the
    router does not hook-up immmediately but only after 3 minutes, during which
    the line is in busy status.
    Mabrouk@belateche, Jul 14, 2003