Re: Call centers and Automated attendants

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Richard, Jul 27, 2009.

  1. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Collector€NZ wrote:
    > The practice today by larger companies is to hide behind Call Centers
    > and Auto Attendant phone systems.
    > They avoid publishing or making publicly available any number that may
    > actually get to a droid in the organisation with half a brain.
    >
    > Having had to make 16 calls recently with one company to make a simple
    > change in my dealings with them I have decided the next call center/AA I
    > strike might send me postal. (Google going postal)
    >
    > How about a little nomination thread for the worst companies to deal
    > with by phone, it would be my bet that Tech companies will figure in the
    > top along with Govt. Depts.
    >
    > Please post back to nz.comp, the thread is on topic there and the noise
    > is lower.

    I have one at home that answers anyone thats withholding their number
    and just puts them on hold telling they are in a queue... Never goes
    anywhere ;)

    Richard, Jul 27, 2009

  2. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Allistar wrote:

    > Indeed - we won't answer calls from private numbers. If it's important,
    > they'll leave a message and we'll ring back. If it's not, then, well, it's
    > not.

    I dont want messages left, people have my email address. checking
    voicemail is a pain in the ass.

    Richard, Jul 28, 2009

  3. Richard

    Enkidu Guest

    Allistar wrote:

    > Indeed - we won't answer calls from private numbers. If it's important,
    > they'll leave a message and we'll ring back.

    Hahahahahahahahahahaha! "We'll ring back"! Right! Hehehehehehehehehehe!

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Jul 28, 2009