Re: Cache washers

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 7, 2009.

  1. howard wrote:

    > Why is it that when I run window washer it shows that it gets rid of
    > all the cookies etc, then straight away I run cache and cookie
    > cleaner it picks up all the same stuff to clean again?


    What happens if you run them in the reverse order?

    Are you forgetting to click some final button to complete the job? Why
    do you need two of them?

    --
    -bts
    -Friends don't let friends drive Windows
     
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 7, 2009
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. howard wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> howard wrote:
    >>> Why is it that when I run window washer it shows that it gets rid of
    >>> all the cookies etc, then straight away I run cache and cookie
    >>> cleaner it picks up all the same stuff to clean again?

    >>
    >> What happens if you run them in the reverse order?
    >>
    >> Are you forgetting to click some final button to complete the job?
    >> Why do you need two of them?
    >>

    > Yes I finish of the wipe all with the first prog, then run the other,
    > It was just an experiment, and yes same applies in reverse order.


    Are they both reading each other's "quarantine" bucket?

    --
    -bts
    -Friends don't let friends drive Windows
     
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 7, 2009
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. howard wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> <snippage>
    >> Are they both reading each other's "quarantine" bucket?

    >
    > After using window washer ,I empty the file folder, so in effect all
    > should be cleared. another point if I run window washer twice it
    > obviously picks no more cookies up , but run them as I said before
    > and you will see. Try it.


    Sorry, those programs won't run with my operating system. I don't really
    have a need for any kind of 'cache washers' or registry cleaners (no
    registry). And my browsers handle the cookies without external
    assistance.

    --
    -bts
    -Friends don't let friends drive Windows
     
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 7, 2009
    #3
  4. Beauregard T. Shagnasty

    Aardvark Guest

    On Wed, 07 Jan 2009 11:43:25 -0500, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    >> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >>> <snippage>
    >>> Are they both reading each other's "quarantine" bucket?

    >>
    >> After using window washer ,I empty the file folder, so in effect all
    >> should be cleared. another point if I run window washer twice it
    >> obviously picks no more cookies up , but run them as I said before and
    >> you will see. Try it.

    >
    > Sorry, those programs won't run with my operating system.


    <http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux_Downloads>

    :)



    --
    The month of March in this year of 2009 sees the centenary of the laying
    of the keel of the most famous (or infamous) ocean liner of all time, RMS
    Titanic, at Harland & Wolff shipyard in Belfast.
    < http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Titanic>
     
    Aardvark, Jan 7, 2009
    #4
  5. Aardvark wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> Sorry, those programs won't run with my operating system.

    >
    > <http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux_Downloads>
    >
    > :)


    Thenk yew. Even though in my present circumstance I have no need for
    virtualbox, I'll get right on it, and load up some anti- apps. <g>

    Maybe I'll start with a defragger. (Oh wait, don't need that either.)

    --
    -bts
    -Friends don't let friends drive Windows
     
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 7, 2009
    #5
  6. Re: gone off the subject

    howard wrote:

    > gone off the subject


    Hey, it's Usenet! It's expected!

    (Maybe one of your apps is reading the residue of the other and putting
    it all back!)

    --
    -bts
    -I know... 25 demerits for excessive use of exclamation point
     
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 7, 2009
    #6
  7. Re: gone off the subject

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > howard wrote:
    >
    >> gone off the subject

    >
    > Hey, it's Usenet! It's expected!
    >
    > (Maybe one of your apps is reading the residue of the other and putting
    > it all back!)
    >

    Behold the superiority of the BeOS :)
    I have two apps that delete files;"CleanUpmanager" and "FilWip".
    When I run one it gets rid of all the files I could get rid of by
    running the other. And they are unrecoverable (by me)...on a typical
    week of surfin the intanets t00bz I get 20-30MB of crap stored in
    Firefox and NetPositive. Those apps shred the files and clean things
    right up.
    BeOS rules, everything else is bollix :)
     
    §ñühw¤£f, Jan 7, 2009
    #7
  8. Beauregard T. Shagnasty

    Aardvark Guest

    Re: gone off the subject

    On Wed, 07 Jan 2009 14:16:24 -0700, §ñühw¤£f wrote:

    > BeOS rules, everything else is bollix



    I'm now officially emotionally traumatised on behalf of my operating
    system :-(


    --
    The month of March in this year of 2009 sees the centenary of the laying
    of the keel of the most famous (or infamous) ocean liner of all time, RMS
    Titanic, at Harland & Wolff shipyard in Belfast.
    < http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Titanic>
     
    Aardvark, Jan 7, 2009
    #8
  9. Beauregard T. Shagnasty

    Aardvark Guest

    Re: gone off the subject

    On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 10:48:55 -0600, §ñühw€£f wrote:

    > Aardvark <> pinched out a steaming pile
    > of<qZ89l.41474$2>:
    >
    >>On Wed, 07 Jan 2009 14:16:24 -0700, §ñühw¤£f wrote:
    >>
    >>> BeOS rules, everything else is bollix

    >>
    >>
    >>I'm now officially emotionally traumatised on behalf of my operating
    >>system :-(
    >>

    > Haiku OS will arise from the ashes of the Be and crush all
    > opposition!!!!!!11111!!!!!!



    I'm now scared shitless on behalf of my operating system.


    --
    The month of March in this year of 2009 sees the centenary of the laying
    of the keel of the most famous (or infamous) ocean liner of all time, RMS
    Titanic, at Harland & Wolff shipyard in Belfast.
    < http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Titanic>
     
    Aardvark, Jan 8, 2009
    #9
  10. Re: gone off the subject

    Manatee Memories wrote:
    > On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 10:27:53 -0600, §ñühw¤£f <>
    > wrote, by way of <>, in
    > 24hoursupport.helpdesk -->::
    >
    > <....>
    >
    >> --
    >> http://www.bds-palestine.net/?q=node/9

    >
    > How'd you happen to come upon that link?
    >

    Unlike you, I let in information from sources other than Fox News.
    Live video feeds from the Isreali invasion can be had on Al-Jazeera...


    Now bugger off, gl0b41 \/\/4rm1n6 d3n13r.
     
    §ñühw¤£f, Jan 11, 2009
    #10
  11. Beauregard T. Shagnasty

    Aardvark Guest

    Re: gone off the subject

    On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 15:17:45 -0700, §ñühw¤£f wrote:

    > Live
    > video feeds from the Isreali invasion can be had on Al-Jazeera...



    Haven't visited al-Jazeera since this present oil war started. I think
    it's time I went back there for an update on happenings in the Middle
    East.


    --
    The month of March in this year of 2009 sees the centenary of the laying
    of the keel of the most famous (or infamous) ocean liner of all time, RMS
    Titanic, at Harland & Wolff shipyard in Belfast.
    < http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Titanic>
     
    Aardvark, Jan 11, 2009
    #11
  12. Re: gone off the subject

    Aardvark wrote:
    > On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 15:17:45 -0700, §ñühw¤£f wrote:
    >
    >> Live
    >> video feeds from the Isreali invasion can be had on Al-Jazeera...

    >
    >
    > Haven't visited al-Jazeera since this present oil war started. I think
    > it's time I went back there for an update on happenings in the Middle
    > East.
    >
    >

    http://www.allied-media.com/aljazeera/

    HTH
     
    §ñühw¤£f, Jan 12, 2009
    #12
  13. Re: gone off the subject

    Manatee Memories wrote:
    > On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 10:02:26 -0700, §ñühw¤£f <> wrote,
    > by way of <gkfstg$a9i$>, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    > -->::
    >
    > <....>
    >
    > Apologies for the thread hijack.
    >
    > Until you, §ñühw¤£f, began going down the hysteria/3l33t typing route, I
    > thought of you as quite the interesting/competent person (except for,
    > I'll agree, that incident a month or so ago where I went-off on you
    > {but, later apologized}).
    >
    > But, a day or 3 ago, you, §ñühw¤£f, read in my headers that I like to
    > visit such & such a website, which, in your eyes, made me worse the the
    > stereo-typical Biblical leper. Lo & behold, you then assumed the
    > attitude of high and mightyment, where & when someone is a "denier"
    > (your words, IIRC), they are to be treated as 100% unadulterated crap.
    >
    > I'm sad to say, that you are not (currently; the past was quite
    > likeable) someone with whom I would wish to converse. Goodbye.
    >


    Thats the best plonk Ive had all year.

    Luckily the year is still young.

    ^_^
     
    §ñühw¤£f, Jan 13, 2009
    #13
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. =?Utf-8?B?Y2IzOTk0MA==?=

    arp cache

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2IzOTk0MA==?=, Jun 24, 2005, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    5,154
    =?Utf-8?B?UFJBTkpBTCBLVU1BUg==?=
    Jun 26, 2005
  2. =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZSBNY0FsaXN0ZXI=?=

    Don't cache PEAP authentication information on Win XP SP2

    =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZSBNY0FsaXN0ZXI=?=, Aug 12, 2005, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    3,338
    =?Utf-8?B?VmFzdQ==?=
    Nov 4, 2005
  3. Joseph Carrier

    DSN Cache

    Joseph Carrier, Nov 4, 2005, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    10,809
  4. toast

    washers (UK)

    toast, Jul 22, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    553
    toast
    Jul 22, 2003
  5. DevilsPGD

    Re: Cache washers

    DevilsPGD, Jan 8, 2009, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    435
    DevilsPGD
    Jan 8, 2009
Loading...

Share This Page