Re: Cable modem

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Leythos, Sep 15, 2003.

  1. Leythos

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > In alt.computer.security, Msg ID: <ata5dp$qnu$>
    > "Mimic" <>, wrote:
    >
    > >uhuh *cries* thats what you get for being in rural britain :(
    > >An BT have said the chances are they wont even update my exchange, i either
    > >have to set satellite or wireless, which there is no chance of heh, never
    > >been fond of wireless devices. But ill be moving mid next year so DSL is the
    > >number one priority when looking for a place :D
    > >Then ill rape everyone on SoF2, i kick ass now with a ping of 350-750 hehe

    > Most of this is Greek to me.
    > I understand Phone better than cable/DSL..
    > And I talk computer pretty well.
    > So I'm thinkin, ... networks is networks.
    > And modems is modems..
    > All that's needed is to learn the language.
    > So..
    >
    > Please educate me?
    > Start with the non "english" terms in your message?
    > - I can guess at things like 350-750..
    > - But I'd rather hear it from you.
    >
    > I know How to talk to tele modems.
    > Maybe I can give yours a shot?

    His problem is he's playing a real-time internet based game on a tele-
    modem and knows that a PING TIME of more than 100 sucks. A ping of 350+
    makes the game unplayable.

    Ping is the number of milliseconds that it take to reach the destination
    - so, if you ping yahoo.com it should com back with a small number (like
    40ms or less).

    (Remove 999 to reply to me)

    Leythos, Sep 15, 2003