Re: Byebyeads

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Lee Higdon, Jul 16, 2003.

  1. Lee Higdon

    Lee Higdon Guest

    "Saint" <> wrote in message
    > I am sick to death of these bloody pop ups and can't locate where the

    source
    > on my PC is. I have disabled the Messenger function but this is not the
    > cure.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me how to detect and rid myself of this thing?
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Saint

    If you're talking about pop up windows either get a firewall and/or a
    browser that allows you to control them. Outpost will control pop ups.
    Web-Washer (not a firewall) will, as well. The Mozilla based browsers have a
    toggle switch that gives you control over them. Opera does, too. Really,
    they're not all that hard to handle.
    Lee Higdon, Jul 16, 2003