Re: Bye bye Euro

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by OldGringo38, Jun 6, 2010.

  1. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 6/6/2010 2:24 PM Just to please that super-ego, Bullwinkle wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > Euro 'will be dead in five years'

    Damn, I have been waiting all week for this information. Thanks so very
    much.
    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com

    OldGringo38, Jun 6, 2010

  2. OldGringo38

    ~BD~ Guest

    "OldGringo38" <> wrote in message
    news:hugtfv$e16$-september.org...
    > On 6/6/2010 2:24 PM Just to please that super-ego, Bullwinkle wrote
    > the following tidbit of information:
    >> Euro 'will be dead in five years'

    > Damn, I have been waiting all week for this information. Thanks so
    > very much.
    > --
    > OldGringo38
    > Just West Of Nowhere
    > Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    > http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com

    Don't worry - I doubt you'll still be here by then! ;-)

    ~BD~, Jun 6, 2010

  3. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 6/6/2010 5:07 PM Just to please that super-ego, ~BD~ wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > "OldGringo38"<> wrote in message
    >> On 6/6/2010 2:24 PM Just to please that super-ego, Bullwinkle wrote
    >> the following tidbit of information:
    >>> Euro 'will be dead in five years'

    >> Damn, I have been waiting all week for this information. Thanks so
    >> very much.
    >> --
    >> OldGringo38
    >> Just West Of Nowhere
    >> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    >> http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com

    > Don't worry - I doubt you'll still be here by then! ;-)

    <g>

    OldGringo38, Jun 7, 2010
  4. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 6/6/2010 5:07 PM Just to please that super-ego, ~BD~ wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > "OldGringo38"<> wrote in message
    >> On 6/6/2010 2:24 PM Just to please that super-ego, Bullwinkle wrote
    >> the following tidbit of information:
    >>> Euro 'will be dead in five years'

    >> Damn, I have been waiting all week for this information. Thanks so
    >> very much.
    >> --
    >> OldGringo38
    >> Just West Of Nowhere
    >> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    >> http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com

    > Don't worry - I doubt you'll still be here by then! ;-)

    Hey ~BD~ Give me your take on the mess in the Gulf of Mexico.

    OldGringo38, Jun 7, 2010
  5. OldGringo38

    > Hey ~BD~ Give me your take on the mess in the Gulf of Mexico.

    Well - it's one hell of a mess!

    I watched the CEO of BP in a TV interview yesterday morning. He seemed
    genuinely upset about the situation and promised that BP will do
    everything possible that money can fix - yet it cannot fix everything
    (damage to wildlife in particular). I believed him - he's well aware,
    too, that thousands of BP employees live around the Gulf and so do many
    of the company's retirees (all of whom are no doubt shareholders too -
    they'll have a vote, that's for sure!). The company is strong enough to
    weather the storm - I think!

    The dreadful events have occurred because man is operating at the
    extreme limit of his technical knowledge - like women, man needs to know
    his limits! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjxY9rZwNGU ;-)

    --
    Dave

    ~BD~, Jun 7, 2010
  6. OldGringo38

    chuckcar Guest

    "~BD~" <> wrote in

    > "OldGringo38" <> wrote in message
    >

    >> Hey ~BD~ Give me your take on the mess in the Gulf of Mexico.
    >>

    > Well - it's one hell of a mess!
    >
    > I watched the CEO of BP in a TV interview yesterday morning. He seemed
    > genuinely upset about the situation and promised that BP will do
    > everything possible that money can fix - yet it cannot fix everything
    > (damage to wildlife in particular). I believed him - he's well aware,
    > too, that thousands of BP employees live around the Gulf and so do
    > many of the company's retirees (all of whom are no doubt shareholders
    > too - they'll have a vote, that's for sure!). The company is strong
    > enough to weather the storm - I think!

    So he conned you. That's exactly why he appeared on TV in the first
    place. iguring enough people will be that their sales won't drop. *If*
    they gave a damn about fixing the problem, they'd just plug it instead
    of trying every possible way of getting some of the oil from the well.
    Which is *exactly* what they've been doing all this time.

    > The dreadful events have occurred because man is operating at the
    > extreme limit of his technical knowledge - like women, man needs to
    > know

    Nonsence. Going to the moon is the limits of our knowledge. Surviving in
    a bathyscaphe at the bottom of the Marianas trench perhaps as well, At
    least it was in the 1960's when they first did it. They've have to so
    substantially more now to qualify. But if it were *that* "state of the
    art" there wouldn't be more than one platform out there by definition.

    I've removed your troll group from your post, so my guess is that you
    won't even see this reply. If that's the case, I could care less.

    Couldn't get your video BTW - youtube overloaded again.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Jun 7, 2010
  7. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 6/7/2010 5:49 AM Just to please that super-ego, ~BD~ wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > "OldGringo38"<> wrote in message
    >

    >> Hey ~BD~ Give me your take on the mess in the Gulf of Mexico.
    >>

    > Well - it's one hell of a mess!
    >
    > I watched the CEO of BP in a TV interview yesterday morning. He seemed
    > genuinely upset about the situation and promised that BP will do
    > everything possible that money can fix - yet it cannot fix everything
    > (damage to wildlife in particular). I believed him - he's well aware,
    > too, that thousands of BP employees live around the Gulf and so do many
    > of the company's retirees (all of whom are no doubt shareholders too -
    > they'll have a vote, that's for sure!). The company is strong enough to
    > weather the storm - I think!
    >
    > The dreadful events have occurred because man is operating at the
    > extreme limit of his technical knowledge - like women, man needs to know
    > his limits! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjxY9rZwNGU ;-)

    That's about as close as it gets with your thoughts about BP. I loved
    the video. <g> Thanks.

    OldGringo38, Jun 7, 2010
  8. OldGringo38

    Eagle Guest

    OldGringo38 pretended :
    > On 6/7/2010 5:49 AM Just to please that super-ego, ~BD~ wrote the following
    > tidbit of information:
    >> "OldGringo38"<> wrote in message
    >>

    >>> Hey ~BD~ Give me your take on the mess in the Gulf of Mexico.
    >>>

    >> Well - it's one hell of a mess!
    >>
    >> I watched the CEO of BP in a TV interview yesterday morning. He seemed
    >> genuinely upset about the situation and promised that BP will do
    >> everything possible that money can fix - yet it cannot fix everything
    >> (damage to wildlife in particular). I believed him - he's well aware,
    >> too, that thousands of BP employees live around the Gulf and so do many
    >> of the company's retirees (all of whom are no doubt shareholders too -
    >> they'll have a vote, that's for sure!). The company is strong enough to
    >> weather the storm - I think!
    >>
    >> The dreadful events have occurred because man is operating at the
    >> extreme limit of his technical knowledge - like women, man needs to know
    >> his limits! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjxY9rZwNGU ;-)
    >>

    > That's about as close as it gets with your thoughts about BP. I loved the
    > video. <g> Thanks.

    Yes, a very informative video. I hope SeaNymph and Jenn watched it and
    now know how to conduct themselves among us Men.
    Pip pip and all that rot... ;o)

    Eagle, Jun 7, 2010
  9. OldGringo38

    > That's about as close as it gets with your thoughts about BP. I loved
    > the video. <g> Thanks.

    You are welcome! ;-)

    ~BD~, Jun 7, 2010
  10. OldGringo38

    ~BD~ Guest

    "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    > So he conned you. That's exactly why he appeared on TV in the first
    > place. iguring enough people will be that their sales won't drop. *If*
    > they gave a damn about fixing the problem, they'd just plug it instead
    > of trying every possible way of getting some of the oil from the well.
    > Which is *exactly* what they've been doing all this time.

    "iguring" - WTF?

    > Nonsence. Going to the moon is the limits of our knowledge. Surviving
    > in
    > a bathyscaphe at the bottom of the Marianas trench perhaps as well, At
    > least it was in the 1960's when they first did it. They've have to so
    > substantially more now to qualify. But if it were *that* "state of the
    > art" there wouldn't be more than one platform out there by definition.

    I see!

    > I've removed your troll group from your post, so my guess is that you
    > won't even see this reply. If that's the case, I could care less.

    You must always be true to yourself! :)

    > Couldn't get your video BTW - youtube overloaded again.

    Your loss! Try again and, just maybe, be amused!

    --
    Dave

    ~BD~, Jun 7, 2010
  11. OldGringo38

    chuckcar Guest

    "~BD~" <> wrote in news:hujjin$e29$-
    september.org:

    > "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    >> So he conned you. That's exactly why he appeared on TV in the first
    >> place. iguring enough people will be that their sales won't drop. *If*
    >> they gave a damn about fixing the problem, they'd just plug it instead
    >> of trying every possible way of getting some of the oil from the well.
    >> Which is *exactly* what they've been doing all this time.

    > "iguring" - WTF?

    So I left out an "f". You couldn't figure that out from context?

    >> Nonsence. Going to the moon is the limits of our knowledge. Surviving
    >> in
    >> a bathyscaphe at the bottom of the Marianas trench perhaps as well, At
    >> least it was in the 1960's when they first did it. They've have to so
    >> substantially more now to qualify. But if it were *that* "state of the
    >> art" there wouldn't be more than one platform out there by definition.

    > I see!

    Well believe what you want, but make your decisions on actions never words.

    >> I've removed your troll group from your post, so my guess is that you
    >> won't even see this reply. If that's the case, I could care less.

    > You must always be true to yourself! :)
    >
    >> Couldn't get your video BTW - youtube overloaded again.

    > Your loss! Try again and, just maybe, be amused!

    Finally got it. Ok, I guess. I think I *may* have seen his show a while
    back on Bravo here. They had Fry and Laurie as well. We *had* our own
    version of that sort of thing here - until they rights holder decided to
    sell out. "This Hour Has 22 Minutes". It's still on the air, but without
    Mary Walsh and Rick Mercer, it just isn't as good. I have no idea if it's
    the chain of add urls or the youtube etc sites themselves cause these
    problems, But I'm starting to thing it's the former. PITA anyways when it
    happens. Not even my mouse will do anything but move.

    Here's one of their "matching" bits. 50's TV shows/BW cigarettes everywhere.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsf9XLQmDpQ

    You may recognize the interviewer from a Show Drew Carey did a while back.
    A take off of "The Joker's Wild" I think it was called originally.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Jun 8, 2010
  12. OldGringo38

    ~BD~ Guest

    ~BD~, Jun 8, 2010
  13. OldGringo38

    ~BD~ Guest

    "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    >> So I left out an "f". You couldn't figure that out from context?

    Yes - I could! I simply didn't wish to discuss the matter further.

    > Well believe what you want, but make your decisions on actions never
    > words.

    I was chatting to an ex-merchant marine engineer the other day. He'd
    been involved in deep under water work for the US government (something
    to do with submarine detection cables). He said that it would probably
    be easier to fix something on the moon than deep down in the Gulf!

    >>> Couldn't get your video BTW - youtube overloaded again.

    >> Your loss! Try again and, just maybe, be amused!
    >>

    > Finally got it. Ok, I guess. I think I *may* have seen his show a
    > while
    > back on Bravo here. They had Fry and Laurie as well. We *had* our own
    > version of that sort of thing here - until they rights holder decided
    > sell out. "This Hour Has 22 Minutes". It's still on the air, but
    > without
    > Mary Walsh and Rick Mercer, it just isn't as good. I have no idea if
    > it's
    > the chain of add urls or the youtube etc sites themselves cause these
    > problems, But I'm starting to thing it's the former. PITA anyways when
    > it
    > happens. Not even my mouse will do anything but move.

    Glad you got it. Have you checked for malware?

    > Here's one of their "matching" bits. 50's TV shows/BW cigarettes
    > everywhere.
    >
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsf9XLQmDpQ
    >
    > You may recognize the interviewer from a Show Drew Carey did a while
    > back.
    > A take off of "The Joker's Wild" I think it was called originally.

    Thanks for that. Even more amusing in view of what has happened in
    recent years. ;-)

    --
    Dave

    ~BD~, Jun 8, 2010
  14. OldGringo38

    chuckcar Guest

    "~BD~" <> wrote in

    > "chuckcar" <> wrote in message

    >> Finally got it. Ok, I guess. I think I *may* have seen his show a
    >> while
    >> back on Bravo here. They had Fry and Laurie as well. We *had* our own
    >> version of that sort of thing here - until they rights holder decided
    >> sell out. "This Hour Has 22 Minutes". It's still on the air, but
    >> without
    >> Mary Walsh and Rick Mercer, it just isn't as good. I have no idea if
    >> it's
    >> the chain of add urls or the youtube etc sites themselves cause these
    >> problems, But I'm starting to thing it's the former. PITA anyways
    >> when it
    >> happens. Not even my mouse will do anything but move.

    > Glad you got it. Have you checked for malware?

    No, it only happens when the bottom border of a browser says "connecting
    to X" or "downloading from X". Just as a page is loading. My firewall says nothing
    and I certainly not have installed any malware into Firefox explicitly. Perhaps
    R&Ring it might fix it.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Jun 8, 2010