Re: Buying Minolta S414

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Dreamer, Jul 11, 2003.

  1. Dreamer

    Dreamer Guest

    "Robert Razavi" <> wrote in message
    > Where can I buy this for $325? By checking www.Bizrate.com and
    > www.resellerratings.com, I discovered most 'trusted' stores sell this
    > for $350 and up.

    Calumet Photo sells it for $329, and stores don't, in my opinion, get much
    more trusted than that. I went and picked mine up right at the Chicago store
    and the fellow had a nice chat with me about digicams. That one was for my
    office. Since this was for my office, I didn't mind paying the sales tax,
    and there was no shipping. Out the door about 360. If you don't live in a
    state where CP has a store, they shouldn't charge you any tax.

    Amazon sells it for $335 or so. I had some credit with them, and they were
    having a deal where you get a $50 gift certificate if you buy something
    worth $250 or more from their electronics store (though you can't use it for
    the purchase itself) so I bought one from them for myself. Free shipping, no
    sales tax.

    Dreamer, Jul 11, 2003

  2. Sorry but I am not in America.
    Ordered mine from Empire Direct in Leeds, Yorkshire.
    Cost is £254 Stirling + £8 postage.
    Seems to be the cheapest price around.
    Cheers. jimac
    "Dreamer" <> wrote in message

    > "Robert Razavi" <> wrote in message
    > > Where can I buy this for $325? By checking www.Bizrate.com and
    > > www.resellerratings.com, I discovered most 'trusted' stores sell this
    > > for $350 and up.

    > Calumet Photo sells it for $329, and stores don't, in my opinion, get much
    > more trusted than that. I went and picked mine up right at the Chicago

    store
    > and the fellow had a nice chat with me about digicams. That one was for my
    > office. Since this was for my office, I didn't mind paying the sales tax,
    > and there was no shipping. Out the door about 360. If you don't live in a
    > state where CP has a store, they shouldn't charge you any tax.
    >
    > Amazon sells it for $335 or so. I had some credit with them, and they were
    > having a deal where you get a $50 gift certificate if you buy something
    > worth $250 or more from their electronics store (though you can't use it

    for
    > the purchase itself) so I bought one from them for myself. Free shipping,

    no
    > sales tax.

    ---
    Jim McQuillan, Jul 11, 2003