Re: Buying a palm on eBay

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Uncle StoatWarbler, Jul 15, 2003.

  1. On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 12:34:35 -0700, Geoffrey Miller wrote:

    > *1 Important: What customs charges could I be hit with? The palm would
    > probably cost about NZ$120 or so in total.

    Zero. There's only GST payable and they'll only charge it on values over
    $500 (landed, including freight charges)

    > *2, experiences with the m500, if anyone has them

    It's a bit old. Check to see if it will run the current software you want.
    Uncle StoatWarbler, Jul 15, 2003

  2. > It's a bit old. Check to see if it will run the current software you want.
    It may be old - but it's a great deal, especially when you consider
    the prices for a real secondhand PDA on trademe - this one is
    brandnew. I may get a colour m515 instead but these are far less
    common and a lot more expensive on eBay. If I can get one at a good
    price, I will buy one.

    Thanks everybody for your advice re customs charges - the customs
    website didn't specifically say what was charged on a PDA. Thanks
    again.

    Geoffrey :)

    Geoffrey Miller, Jul 16, 2003