Re: Buying a palm on eBay

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by XPD, Jul 14, 2003.

  1. XPD

    XPD Guest

    "Geoffrey Miller" <> wrote in message
    > I'm looking at buying a palm m500 on eBay.
    >
    > 2 questions:
    >
    > *1 Important: What customs charges could I be hit with? The palm would
    > probably cost about NZ$120 or so in total.
    > *2, experiences with the m500, if anyone has them

    Dont think they bother charging GST etc on things under $400 normally.... I
    did read on the customs website a while ago tho, that they wouldnt charge
    you duty on a digital camera, but if you bought back a calendar they
    could!!! Maybe I was reading from some special conditions page but still...
    pretty weird :)

    If youre still worried about getting charged anyway, ask the seller to mark
    it as a gift.... no charges that way AFAIK.

    XPD, Jul 14, 2003