Re: Buying a computer

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Jonathan Roberts, Dec 21, 2006.

  1. rolltide3738 wrote:
    > Should I buy a new computer with Windows XP and later get the upgrade to
    > Vista, or should I wait until Windows Vista comes out a buy a computer that
    > has it on it?

    Buy now and don't upgrade to Vista. Seriously.

    Jonathan Roberts, Dec 21, 2006

  2. Jonathan Roberts

    JaR Guest

    On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 22:53:46 -0600, Jonathan Roberts cast into the ether:

    > Buy now and don't upgrade to Vista. Seriously.

    Agreed.

    Upgrade to SuSE[0] instead.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22

    JaR, Dec 21, 2006

  3. Jonathan Roberts

    CBIC Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 22:53:46 -0600, Jonathan Roberts cast into the ether:
    >
    >> Buy now and don't upgrade to Vista. Seriously.

    > Agreed.
    >

    > Upgrade to SuSE[0] instead.

    Heathens. You will upgrade to Vista and you will like it. We need to keep
    Uncle Bill in the life of luxury he is accustomed to. After all, we owe our
    jobs and very lives to His Windowy Goodness. Now go forth and upgrade.

    CBIC, Dec 21, 2006
  4. Jonathan Roberts

    Frisbee® Guest

    "CBIC" <> wrote in message

    > "JaR" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 22:53:46 -0600, Jonathan Roberts cast into the ether:
    >>
    >>> Buy now and don't upgrade to Vista. Seriously.

    >> Agreed.
    >>

    >> Upgrade to SuSE[0] instead.

    > Heathens. You will upgrade to Vista and you will like it. We need to keep
    > Uncle Bill in the life of luxury he is accustomed to. After all, we owe
    > our jobs and very lives to His Windowy Goodness. Now go forth and upgrade.

    That was so well put.

    Frisbee®, Dec 21, 2006
  5. Jonathan Roberts

    catwalker63 Guest

    "Frisbee®" <> prattled ceaselessly in

    > "CBIC" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "JaR" <> wrote in message
    >>> On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 22:53:46 -0600, Jonathan Roberts cast into the
    >>> ether:

    >>> Agreed.
    >>>

    >>> Upgrade to SuSE[0] instead.

    >> Heathens. You will upgrade to Vista and you will like it. We need to
    >> keep Uncle Bill in the life of luxury he is accustomed to. After all,
    >> we owe our jobs and very lives to His Windowy Goodness. Now go forth
    >> and upgrade.

    > That was so well put.

    Yes. Wrong, but well put.

    I'm trying out SuSE, Fedora, and Solaris right now. We do folding@home
    here and we need to replace some dead boxes and it's too expensive to
    keep licensing 'doze for machines that are just folders.

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    catwalker63, Jan 15, 2007