Re: Buying 10D in US and bringing to Europe

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by steve, Aug 6, 2003.

  1. steve

    steve Guest

    The US supplied charger takes 100-240V 50/60 Hz but is supplied with a
    two prong USA style power cord.

    The camera video output can be programmed to NTSC or PAL format using
    the camera menu and terminates in an 'RCA' type video plug.

    (For what it is worth, a TV makes a horrid display for such a high
    resolution camera but sometimes it is useful anyway.)

    I am not familiar with the power plugs in your region, so all I can
    suggest is that the power cord may be an issue unless you can get the
    proper one from Canon, or use an adapter. I assume your voltage and
    frequency are in the allowable range.

    Steve

    steve, Aug 6, 2003

  2. On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 07:26:42 +0000, steve wrote:

    > The US supplied charger takes 100-240V 50/60 Hz but is supplied with a
    > two prong USA style power cord.

    True, but the charger power cord is detachable, and the fitting is fairly
    common, so I'd imagine you'd have no trouble finding a suitable
    replacement power cord.

    HTH,

    Mike.

    Mike Brodbelt, Aug 6, 2003

  3. steve

    Don Coon Guest

    "Mike Brodbelt" <m.brodbelt@__NO_SPAM_PLEASE__coruscant.demon.co.uk> wrote
    in message
    > On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 07:26:42 +0000, steve wrote:
    >
    > > The US supplied charger takes 100-240V 50/60 Hz but is supplied with a
    > > two prong USA style power cord.

    > True, but the charger power cord is detachable, and the fitting is fairly
    > common, so I'd imagine you'd have no trouble finding a suitable
    > replacement power cord.
    >
    > HTH,
    >
    > Mike.

    Plug adapters are readily available and cheap. That's what we use when we
    travel to Europe.

    Don Coon, Aug 6, 2003
  4. steve

    Alan F Cross Guest

    In message <J56Ya.79353$o%2.36877@sccrnsc02>, Don Coon
    <coondw_nospam@hotmail_dot_.com> writes

    >"Mike Brodbelt" <m.brodbelt@__NO_SPAM_PLEASE__coruscant.demon.co.uk> wrote
    >in message
    >> On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 07:26:42 +0000, steve wrote:
    >>
    >> > The US supplied charger takes 100-240V 50/60 Hz but is supplied with a
    >> > two prong USA style power cord.

    >> True, but the charger power cord is detachable, and the fitting is fairly
    >> common, so I'd imagine you'd have no trouble finding a suitable
    >> replacement power cord.
    >>
    >> HTH,
    >>
    >> Mike.
    >>

    >Plug adapters are readily available and cheap. That's what we use when we
    >travel to Europe.

    But what will the OP do when he finds it's one with a focus problem, or
    it fails in the guarantee period? Canon may be good about it, but it's
    not a given.
    --
    Alan F Cross

    Alan F Cross, Aug 6, 2003
  5. steve

    Curt Guest

    ok, brilliant.
    The powercord is the same style as the US one.
    Thanxs for your replies, now I will shop for a 10D! :-D
    (the price in sweden is about 2200$ ....)

    Regards // Curt

    Curt, Aug 6, 2003
  6. On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 13:17:34 +0100, Alan F Cross wrote:

    > But what will the OP do when he finds it's one with a focus problem, or
    > it fails in the guarantee period? Canon may be good about it, but it's
    > not a given.

    I've read a lot about this, but this is from the horse's mouth, so to
    speak:-

    http://www.usa.canon.com/html/support/slrfaq.html

    Canon USA clearly state on that page that all SLR models have a 1 year
    parts & labour warranty, *valid worldwide*.

    I think the OP would have a genuine cause for complaint if he were refused
    service, given the statements on the above page.

    Mike.

    Mike Brodbelt, Aug 7, 2003