Re: Buy it now for 3 million

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, Jul 6, 2009.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 15:42:27 -0700, "The Real Truth MVP" <>
    wrote:

    >http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Michael-Jac...trkparms=65:12|66:2|39:1|72:1205|293:1|294:50

    As of the moment, all 20 bids but one have been declined.
    That one is pending.

    Personally I think it's someone's private sick joke as the American
    Red Cross would never do such a thing even as a joke. It's a wonder
    even ebay allows such a thing to be on their site.

    richard, Jul 6, 2009

  2. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 22:20:49 -0500, richard <>
    wrote:

    >Personally I think it's someone's private sick joke

    It's likely unfortunately not a 'joke' but someone who really believes
    they'll get lots of money for their auction.

    >as the American Red Cross would never do such a thing even as a joke.

    What?? Do you even know how eBay and charity sales work?

    Obviously not.

    >It's a wonder even ebay allows such a thing to be on their site.

    What policy of theirs does it violate?

    Evan Platt, Jul 6, 2009

  3. richard

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 20:44:25 -0700, Evan Platt
    <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 22:20:49 -0500, richard <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Personally I think it's someone's private sick joke

    >It's likely unfortunately not a 'joke' but someone who really believes
    >they'll get lots of money for their auction.
    >
    >>as the American Red Cross would never do such a thing even as a joke.

    >What?? Do you even know how eBay and charity sales work?
    >
    >Obviously not.
    >
    >>It's a wonder even ebay allows such a thing to be on their site.

    >What policy of theirs does it violate?

    The domain is kosher. Information available says the contact person is
    a "jason crane". The domain is registered through godaddy's domains by
    proxy service. Obviously, Mr. Crane wishes not to be found by American
    Red Cross or perhaps even ebay.

    Anyone can claim that this is a charity fund raising event. Yeppers.
    That charity being his pocket and bank account.

    richard, Jul 6, 2009
  4. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 22:55:38 -0500, richard <>
    wrote:

    >The domain is kosher.

    Uhh no shit?

    >Information available says the contact person is
    >a "jason crane". The domain is registered through godaddy's domains by
    >proxy service. Obviously, Mr. Crane wishes not to be found by American
    >Red Cross or perhaps even ebay.

    Uhhhh you again know not what you're talking about.

    >Anyone can claim that this is a charity fund raising event. Yeppers.
    >That charity being his pocket and bank account.

    So... Explain what you meant in your first message of

    >the American Red Cross would never do such a thing even as a joke.

    The ARC had no involvement in this auction at all. Your comment makes
    no sense.

    Evan Platt, Jul 6, 2009
  5. richard

    Dh Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 20:44:25 -0700, Evan Platt
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 22:20:49 -0500, richard <>
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>>Personally I think it's someone's private sick joke

    >>It's likely unfortunately not a 'joke' but someone who really believes
    >>they'll get lots of money for their auction.
    >>
    >>>as the American Red Cross would never do such a thing even as a joke.

    >>What?? Do you even know how eBay and charity sales work?
    >>
    >>Obviously not.
    >>
    >>>It's a wonder even ebay allows such a thing to be on their site.

    >>What policy of theirs does it violate?

    > The domain is kosher. Information available says the contact person is
    > a "jason crane". The domain is registered through godaddy's domains by
    > proxy service. Obviously, Mr. Crane wishes not to be found by American
    > Red Cross or perhaps even ebay.
    >
    > Anyone can claim that this is a charity fund raising event. Yeppers.
    > That charity being his pocket and bank account.

    Details said... 10% to American Red Cross. (90% to me)

    Dh, Jul 6, 2009
  6. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 13:45:49 -0500, "Dh" <> wrote:

    >Details said... 10% to American Red Cross. (90% to me)

    Reading ain't one of RtS's strong points.

    Evan Platt, Jul 6, 2009