Re: burning software preference

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by FOR7b, Sep 8, 2003.

  1. FOR7b

    FOR7b Guest

    >Heat is the enemy of electronic components. I dare you to leave your
    >finger on an AMD heat sink for 30 seconds or more.

    Ok, lets attack this reasoning. What does burning my fimger on a heat sink have
    to do with reliability? Are you saying that if the processor is designed to
    withstand such heat then it can not operate reliably? By whos standards? You
    are so fixated on the generalization that heat is the "enemy of electronic
    components" that you quickly assert that a processor that may be hotter than
    another can not run reliably. That my friend makes no sense.

    >I've worked on enough systems through the years to see the difference
    >between Intel and AMD products. Maybe that's why I've chosen Apple for
    >my personal computers.

    I don't have any reason to doubt that you have but everything you state runs
    counter to the success that AMD has enjoyed in producing cost effective, fast,
    and reliable processors. This isn't some blind declaration but commonly
    available knowledge that you now want to dispute. Surely with your experience
    you have to acknowledge that many other factors affect how well any computer as
    a whole works.

    FOR7b, Sep 8, 2003

  2. Look, I've worked on both Intel and AMD for many years. Time after
    time it's been shown to me that Intel is the superior product for way
    more reasons than my fingers want to type here.

    Go buy the AMD...I don't give a shit.

    Randall Ainsworth, Sep 8, 2003

  3. FOR7b

    FOR7b Guest

    > Look, I've worked on both Intel and AMD for many years. Time after
    >time it's been shown to me that Intel is the superior product for way
    >more reasons than my fingers want to type here.
    >
    > Go buy the AMD...I don't give a shit.

    Nice followup. Geez.

    FOR7b, Sep 9, 2003
  4. > Nice followup. Geez.

    The subject, like PCs in general, is boring.

    Randall Ainsworth, Sep 9, 2003
  5. FOR7b

    FOR7b Guest

    >> Nice followup. Geez.
    >
    >The subject, like PCs in general, is boring.

    Sometimes a new line of work is in order.

    FOR7b, Sep 9, 2003
  6. FOR7b

    Abrasha Guest

    FOR7b wrote:

    > >Heat is the enemy of electronic components. I dare you to leave your
    > >finger on an AMD heat sink for 30 seconds or more.

    > Ok, lets attack this reasoning. What does burning my fimger on a heat sink have
    > to do with reliability? Are you saying that if the processor is designed to
    > withstand such heat then it can not operate reliably? By whos standards? You
    > are so fixated on the generalization that heat is the "enemy of electronic
    > components" that you quickly assert that a processor that may be hotter than
    > another can not run reliably. That my friend makes no sense.

    Why do you argue with a well know jackass of biblical proportions?

    > >I've worked on enough systems through the years to see the difference
    > >between Intel and AMD products. Maybe that's why I've chosen Apple for
    > >my personal computers.

    > I don't have any reason to doubt that you have but everything you state runs
    > counter to the success that AMD has enjoyed in producing cost effective, fast,
    > and reliable processors. This isn't some blind declaration but commonly
    > available knowledge that you now want to dispute. Surely with your experience
    > you have to acknowledge that many other factors affect how well any computer as
    > a whole works.

    The man has no experience, he is a windbag full of hot air. And an Apple zealot
    to boot.

    Abrasha
    http://www.abrasha.com

    Abrasha, Sep 9, 2003
  7. FOR7b

    Abrasha Guest

    Randall Ainsworth wrote:

    > > Nice followup. Geez.

    > The subject, like PCs in general, is boring.

    Yet, you jump on it, every opportunity you get. Obviously it is not boring to
    you, and you are in dire need of a half decent social life.

    Maybe getting laid every once in a while might cure you.

    Abrasha
    http://www.abrasha.com

    Abrasha, Sep 9, 2003