Re: BT Hosted VOIP

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Gordon Henderson, Aug 23, 2008.

  1. In article <>,
    R. Mark Clayton <> wrote:
    >BT are supposed to be introducing something called Hosted VOIP.
    >
    >However they cannot (read won't) migrate numbers in at present.
    >
    >Sounds like the usual BT Loose Interpretation of English and Standards.
    >
    >Anyone know whether this is likely to change any time soon or should I just
    >port a retained number to another VOIP provider?

    Fantastic!

    Connection charge: £80
    Line charge: £5 a month per extension.
    Phones: £68.08
    (and only their phones are compatable!)

    And it appears to only work with BT business broadband.

    .... Ah. BT Business Voice Plus service - Unlimited* calls.

    *Unlimited, according to section 56.18.3 of the BT Price List means 1500
    minutes a month.

    I wish I knew how companies have managed to change the meaning of
    unlimited...

    Oh, and it's unlimited Local and National calls... Er ...

    Keep up the good work, BT :)

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, Aug 23, 2008

  2. Gordon Henderson

    Al Guest

    "Gordon Henderson" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > R. Mark Clayton <> wrote:
    >>BT are supposed to be introducing something called Hosted VOIP.
    >>
    >>However they cannot (read won't) migrate numbers in at present.
    >>
    >>Sounds like the usual BT Loose Interpretation of English and Standards.
    >>
    >>Anyone know whether this is likely to change any time soon or should I
    >>just
    >>port a retained number to another VOIP provider?

    > Fantastic!
    >
    > Connection charge: £80
    > Line charge: £5 a month per extension.
    > Phones: £68.08
    > (and only their phones are compatable!)
    >
    > And it appears to only work with BT business broadband.
    >
    > ... Ah. BT Business Voice Plus service - Unlimited* calls.
    >
    > *Unlimited, according to section 56.18.3 of the BT Price List means 1500
    > minutes a month.
    >
    > I wish I knew how companies have managed to change the meaning of
    > unlimited...
    >
    > Oh, and it's unlimited Local and National calls... Er ...
    >
    > Keep up the good work, BT :)
    >
    > Gordon

    What stunning value, Gordon.
    I see that you are as impressed with the deal as I am.

    Alastair

    Al, Aug 28, 2008