Re: BT Hosted VOIP

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Peter Gradwell, Aug 22, 2008.

  1. R. Mark Clayton wrote:
    > BT are supposed to be introducing something called Hosted VOIP.
    >
    > However they cannot (read won't) migrate numbers in at present.
    >
    > Sounds like the usual BT Loose Interpretation of English and Standards.

    do you mean this service? http://www.btbroadbandoffice.com/bt_hosted_voip

    there is a big advert on the front page there about porting!

    > Anyone know whether this is likely to change any time soon or should I just
    > port a retained number to another VOIP provider?

    that would be better?

    <email/web_hosting/business_voip> <t:01225 800 810>
    Peter Gradwell, Aug 22, 2008

  2. In article <48af2c05$0$634$>,
    Peter Gradwell <> writes:
    > R. Mark Clayton wrote:
    >> BT are supposed to be introducing something called Hosted VOIP.
    >>
    >> However they cannot (read won't) migrate numbers in at present.
    >>
    >> Sounds like the usual BT Loose Interpretation of English and Standards.

    > do you mean this service? http://www.btbroadbandoffice.com/bt_hosted_voip
    >
    > there is a big advert on the front page there about porting!
    >
    >> Anyone know whether this is likely to change any time soon or should I just
    >> port a retained number to another VOIP provider?

    > that would be better?

    That's the first time I've heard of anyone charging a monthly
    rental for using a ported number (£2.99 per number per month).

    --
    Andrew Gabriel
    Andrew Gabriel, Aug 23, 2008