Re: Brute Force Cracking Failed, No Vulnerable Blocks, DVD Decrypter

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Martino, Jan 21, 2006.

  1. Martino

    Martino Guest

    On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 18:37:58 GMT, Gob Stopper <>
    wrote:

    >Technically, what does it mean when Brute Force Cracking Failed.
    >Googling, I found (erroneously) that means there was no Source Media
    >Copyright Protection" however the DVD Decrypter log clearly shows that
    >Source Media Protection was found by DVD Decrypter for this region 1 movie.
    >I 10:13:51 Source Media Type: DVD-ROM
    >I 10:13:51 Source Media Region Code: 1
    >I 10:13:51 Source Media Copyright Protection System Type: CSS/CPPM
    >E 10:13:58 File: VTS_01_0.VOB - Brute Force Cracking Failed! - Reason:
    >There were no vulnerable blocks.

    This is the standard error in DVD Decrypter which is no longer on the
    market for that reason on a windows machine.

    They yanked it because DVD Decrypter failed to decrypt almost every
    new movie due to it's inability to perform the necessary brute-force
    cracking for even the simplest of DVD on any machine less than 3 Ghz
    in speed.

    The only program that consistently handles the brute force cracking on
    a slower windows machine is InterVideo DVD Copy which archives even
    the latest cloaked vulnerable (vob) blocks like R1 Madagascar, R1
    Bewitched, R2 Anacondas, etcetera.
    http://www.intervideo.com/jsp/InterVideoDVDCopy_Profile.jsp
    Martino, Jan 21, 2006

  2. Martino

    SportySpice Guest

    On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 04:59:55 GMT, Martino
    <martino.a@indirizzo_fasullo.it> wrote:

    >On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 18:37:58 GMT, Gob Stopper <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Technically, what does it mean when Brute Force Cracking Failed.
    >>Googling, I found (erroneously) that means there was no Source Media
    >>Copyright Protection" however the DVD Decrypter log clearly shows that
    >>Source Media Protection was found by DVD Decrypter for this region 1 movie.
    >>I 10:13:51 Source Media Type: DVD-ROM
    >>I 10:13:51 Source Media Region Code: 1
    >>I 10:13:51 Source Media Copyright Protection System Type: CSS/CPPM
    >>E 10:13:58 File: VTS_01_0.VOB - Brute Force Cracking Failed! - Reason:
    >>There were no vulnerable blocks.

    >This is the standard error in DVD Decrypter which is no longer on the
    >market for that reason on a windows machine.
    >
    >They yanked it because DVD Decrypter failed to decrypt almost every
    >new movie due to it's inability to perform the necessary brute-force
    >cracking for even the simplest of DVD on any machine less than 3 Ghz
    >in speed.

    You might want to check into the background of DVD Decrypter and why
    it's no longer being developed and supported. Hint: it's not what you
    apparently think.

    >The only program that consistently handles the brute force cracking on
    >a slower windows machine is InterVideo DVD Copy which archives even
    >the latest cloaked vulnerable (vob) blocks like R1 Madagascar, R1
    >Bewitched, R2 Anacondas, etcetera.
    > http://www.intervideo.com/jsp/InterVideoDVDCopy_Profile.jsp

    What's with all the plugs for DVD Copy?
    SportySpice, Jan 21, 2006

  3. Martino

    Abe Guest

    >>Technically, what does it mean when Brute Force Cracking Failed.
    >>Googling, I found (erroneously) that means there was no Source Media
    >>Copyright Protection" however the DVD Decrypter log clearly shows that
    >>Source Media Protection was found by DVD Decrypter for this region 1 movie.
    >>I 10:13:51 Source Media Type: DVD-ROM
    >>I 10:13:51 Source Media Region Code: 1
    >>I 10:13:51 Source Media Copyright Protection System Type: CSS/CPPM
    >>E 10:13:58 File: VTS_01_0.VOB - Brute Force Cracking Failed! - Reason:
    >>There were no vulnerable blocks.

    >This is the standard error in DVD Decrypter which is no longer on the
    >market for that reason on a windows machine.
    >They yanked it because DVD Decrypter failed to decrypt almost every
    >new movie due to it's inability to perform the necessary brute-force
    >cracking for even the simplest of DVD on any machine less than 3 Ghz
    >in speed.
    >The only program that consistently handles the brute force cracking on
    >a slower windows machine is InterVideo DVD Copy which archives even
    >the latest cloaked vulnerable (vob) blocks like R1 Madagascar, R1
    >Bewitched, R2 Anacondas, etcetera.
    > http://www.intervideo.com/jsp/InterVideoDVDCopy_Profile.jsp

    Are you misinformed!

    DVDDecrypter development was stopped because of lawsuits threatened by
    the MPAA.

    Intervideo DVD copy does NOT remove Macrovision, CSS, or region codes,
    and also does not handle structure protection found on some DVDs.
    Abe, Jan 21, 2006
  4. Martino

    Abe Guest

    >DVDDecrypter development was stopped because of lawsuits threatened by
    >the MPAA.
    >
    >Intervideo DVD copy does NOT remove Macrovision, CSS, or region codes,
    >and also does not handle structure protection found on some DVDs.

    Also, DVDDecrypter is able to overcome most structure protection by
    simply enabling the "check for structure protection" option along with
    setting the removal method to "aggressive."
    Abe, Jan 21, 2006
  5. On 21/01/2006 "Derek Chen-Becker" <> wrote:
    >> File: VTS_01_0.VOB - Brute Force Cracking Failed!
    >> Reason: There were no vulnerable blocks.

    >Very common DVD Decrypter problem.
    >I think it indicates the DVD to be archived is not the same region as your
    >player.
    >
    >You can't decrypt a DVD that isn't the same as the region on your player.

    On second thought, it might indicate the VTS_1.0.VOB file isn't protected but
    has a flag set to say that it is protected. Basically it has no VTS blocks,
    VTS cell or bad sectors to be cracked. One way to tell if you have a file
    which thinks it's encrypted, but which doesn't have a decryption key (cuz it's
    not encrypted) is to copy that file over to your hard disk using the windows
    explorer and then see if they play on their own.

    Seems to me if you have a region 1 DVD and your DVD player is region 1, then
    you will NEVER need Brute Force Cracking. You may as well set DVD Decrypter to
    I/O Key Exchange (am I right?).
    Derek Chen-Becker, Jan 21, 2006
  6. Martino

    TB Guest

    "Martino" bullshitted:

    (snip)

    > The only program that consistently handles the brute force cracking on
    > a slower windows machine is InterVideo DVD Copy which archives even
    > the latest cloaked vulnerable (vob) blocks like R1 Madagascar, R1
    > Bewitched, R2 Anacondas, etcetera.
    > http://www.intervideo.com/jsp/InterVideoDVDCopy_Profile.jsp

    Probably the most comically sad attempt at spamming a product I've seen in a
    while. If this is what InterVideo have to do to sell (inferior) product
    these days, you can bet they'll be soon out of business.

    T.B.
    TB, Jan 21, 2006
  7. Martino

    Jeff Rife Guest

    Martino (martino.a@indirizzo_fasullo.it) wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    > The only program that consistently handles the brute force cracking on
    > a slower windows machine is InterVideo DVD Copy

    AnyDVD handles all DVDs just fine, and presents them to any program as if
    they are unencrypted. I can use anything I want to read data off DVD-Video
    disks.

    --
    Jeff Rife | "Ahhh, what an awful dream! Ones and zeroes
    Jeff Rife, Jan 21, 2006
  8. Martino wrote:
    > On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 18:37:58 GMT, Gob Stopper <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Technically, what does it mean when Brute Force Cracking Failed.
    >> Googling, I found (erroneously) that means there was no Source Media
    >> Copyright Protection" however the DVD Decrypter log clearly shows that
    >> Source Media Protection was found by DVD Decrypter for this region 1 movie.
    >> I 10:13:51 Source Media Type: DVD-ROM
    >> I 10:13:51 Source Media Region Code: 1
    >> I 10:13:51 Source Media Copyright Protection System Type: CSS/CPPM
    >> E 10:13:58 File: VTS_01_0.VOB - Brute Force Cracking Failed! - Reason:
    >> There were no vulnerable blocks.

    I think it's nearly impossible nowadays that a CSS-protected disk cannot
    be decrypted. CSS has been cracked for quite some time now and, after
    all, turned out to be a joke anyway.

    Derek might be right in assuming that the file says it's protected but
    actually isn't - you found out that the message means there is no
    protection, DVD Decrypter says the disc is protected.

    Do the decrypted files play? You might want to enable "Force VOB CSS
    flag removal" bottom left on the CSS settings page.

    > This is the standard error in DVD Decrypter which is no longer on the
    > market for that reason on a windows machine.

    LOL, yes, dream on, Intervideo employee.

    > They yanked it because DVD Decrypter failed to decrypt almost every
    > new movie due to it's inability to perform the necessary brute-force
    > cracking for even the simplest of DVD on any machine less than 3 Ghz
    > in speed.

    Thank God then that I never needed brute force cracking 'cause DVD
    Decrypter never failed decrypting by simply doing an I/O key exchange...
    Hermann Hastig, Jan 21, 2006
  9. Martino

    Bill Marshal Guest

    On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 04:59:55 +0000, Martino wrote:

    > On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 18:37:58 GMT, Gob Stopper <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Technically, what does it mean when Brute Force Cracking Failed.
    >>Googling, I found (erroneously) that means there was no Source Media
    >>Copyright Protection" however the DVD Decrypter log clearly shows that
    >>Source Media Protection was found by DVD Decrypter for this region 1
    >>movie. I 10:13:51 Source Media Type: DVD-ROM I 10:13:51 Source Media
    >>Region Code: 1 I 10:13:51 Source Media Copyright Protection System Type:
    >>CSS/CPPM E 10:13:58 File: VTS_01_0.VOB - Brute Force Cracking Failed! -
    >>Reason: There were no vulnerable blocks.

    1. Get Happauge 150, 250, or 350 capture card.

    2. Feed output from DVD or VCR.

    3. Record.

    Takes longer but there is no possible way for encryption or DRM to block a
    clean copy - fair use only, of course. Works good on your own recorded
    VCR tapes that you are trying to archive to DVD but fail because of false
    triggering of the Crapovision protection in MV enabled capture cards.

    Bill M
    Bill Marshal, Feb 1, 2006