Re: Browers redirecting to Advertisements!! Extremely frustrating.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by thund3rstruck, May 12, 2010.

  1. Jack Casanova wrote:
    > I checked my host file and got rid of the Adobe entry, but the
    > browsers are still going to advertising websites whever I try and
    > google something, or type in a website.
    >
    > Any ideas on how to find the nasty critter that is causing this?
    >

    > The best Homs based Business opportunity in the entire history of the USA!
    >
    > http://heartland.bullshitlastingsuccess.com

    I don't help spammers with computer problems. I did, however, fix your url

    n0i

    thund3rstruck, May 12, 2010

  2. thund3rstruck

    joevan Guest

    On Tue, 11 May 2010 16:29:33 -0700, Evan Platt
    <> wrote:

    >Did you know, there were originally 20 Commandments? Number 11 was
    >"Thou shall not Spam."
    >--
    >To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious and .invalid from my e-mail address.

    I thought it was more like don't eat spam. Isn't it made from pig and
    that would include blood?

    joevan, May 12, 2010

  3. Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Tue, 11 May 2010 19:00:37 -0400, thund3rstruck
    > <thund3rstruck_n0i@live> wrote:
    >
    >> I don't help spammers with computer problems. I did, however, fix your url

    > He's not just a spammer, he's an asshole. Anyone who calls him a
    > spammer, and tells him his spam site is a scam, he calls them an
    > anti-American Jesus hating heathen who's going to be sent to hell
    > personally by Jesus.
    >
    > I think it's more likely HE will get met by Jesus.. "Umm.. Hi. So, you
    > go around spamming your make money fast shit, and then tell people
    > Jesus would spam? Asshole, go to hell."
    >
    > Did you know, there were originally 20 Commandments? Number 11 was
    > "Thou shall not Spam."

    Meh. I'm told daily in the religion groups that I'm going to hell.
    Like they have a say in the matter.

    n0i

    thund3rstruck, May 12, 2010
  4. thund3rstruck

    Mike Easter Guest

    Caroll A. Barker wrote:

    > I just stopped in to say that the fix I thought I had didn't work very
    > long.

    Thank goodness you have eliminated the spamtrailer you were using as the
    Jack Casanova persona.

    > I have tried a half dozen spyware, malware programs, several
    > different antivirus programs, deleted entries from the registry,
    > uninstalled and reinstalled the browsers several times, deleted
    > cookies, and history, raised the level of popup bloackers,and only
    > Horus knows what else.

    You have malware which isn't/ hasn't been/ discovered by your tools.

    > Five days later I'm still being redirected to advertising sites that
    > do nothing but waste peoples time and money.
    >
    > This is the most exasperating problem I've had in over fifteen ears of
    > being online people. If you are struggling with it you know what I
    > mean.

    These suggestions which follow aren't the only strong approach to your
    problem, because there are a number of other forums which are similarly
    structured - but this one caught my eye recently because of some of its
    positive features.

    The forum is the virus and malware removal section at techspot.

    http://www.techspot.com/vb/menu28.html Virus and Malware Removal -
    Is your system infected? Read this before Cleaning or Formatting -
    Special governing rules for the Virus & Malware removal board -
    UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

    The concept is that you have to play by the rules, and the 'players' or
    experts at the site also have to play by the rules.

    It is possible that you would be better off reformatting than
    sanitizing; depending.

    The concept is that if you are going to clean instead of reformat based
    on the suggestions or guidelines, then the strategy is the 8 step
    process described, which steps include the creation of some logs from
    MBAM, GMER, and DDS.

    Then you will get some assistance from a helper vetted by the site, and
    it is possible that you might also be guided to use ComboFix.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, May 16, 2010
  5. Use my Remove-it software. Choose yes for all options when prompted.
    Download it here http://www.ms-mvp.org/

    your time.

    The Real Truth MVP, May 16, 2010
  6. The Fake Truth NOT-An-MVP wrote:

    > Use my Remove-it software. Choose yes for all options when prompted.
    > Download it here http://www.thief.org/

    Stolen, pirated, software. Do Not Enter.

    --
    The Real Truth: http://www.google.com/search?q=pcbutts1 software thief
    They do NOT have the expertise or knowledge to fix your issue. Do not

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, May 16, 2010
  7. thund3rstruck

    thanatoid Guest

    Caroll A. Barker <> wrote in

    <SNIP>

    > I'm thinkning about upgrading from Vista Ultimate to
    > Windows 7 Wednesday. That might clear up all of the issues.
    > I played with Windows 7 for a few months and I never had a
    > single problem like these with it. I might even go to 64
    > bit, perhaps the viruses are not designed to attack the 64
    > bit system as much?

    Actually, the safest Windows OS to use is Win98SE. If properly
    set up and /used/, the worst that can happen is an RST or DOS
    attack /may/ crash the machine but will not do any actual
    damage, let alone execute an invasion/takeover.

    But you couldn't live without your transparent desktop effects,
    could you now? Not to mention you REALLY need 64 bits for all
    that very important stuff you do... Quad-coring, yet?

    And yes, for an average productive person with no aspirations to
    merge /all/ their entertainment appliances including the
    'computer', Playstation, TV, etc. etc. into one Super-Idiot-Box
    Mark III, 98SE does everything Win6 and Win6.1 do, just faster,
    better, and safer. And without all the bullshit and the eye
    candy.

    But it's 2010 after all, so I better just STFU. I am SO out of
    touch!

    I guess I should sign up for that Facebook thing I've been
    hearing about!

    Or maybe even try a "Homs" (sic) based Business (sic)!

    http://spam.spamming.spa)

    --
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is
    time to pause and reflect."

    thanatoid, May 18, 2010
  8. thund3rstruck

    thanatoid Guest

    "§nühw¤£f" <> wrote in

    > thanatoid <> clouded the waters of
    > pure thought with news:Xns9D7C276FABthanexit@188.40.43.230:
    >> Actually, the safest Windows OS to use is Win98SE.

    > WTF? Only if you consider that its not a primary target for
    > the scr1p7 |<1d2.

    And - whatever that is, it does not show up in Google - I am
    sure all hackers are busily running it all the time hoping
    everyone in the world has gone back to 98 instead of using
    6/6.1.

    >> If properly
    >> set up and /used/, the worst that can happen is an RST or
    >> DOS attack /may/ crash the machine but will not do any
    >> actual damage, let alone execute an invasion/takeover.
    >>

    > How many people still know how to lock down 98?
    > The OP cant even secure a fukin Vista install.

    Well, the OP is a spamming moron, but that's not the point.

    The point is you CAN secure 98 and you can not secure anything
    that came after, starting with XP anyway.

    >> But you couldn't live without your transparent desktop
    >> effects, could you now? Not to mention you REALLY need 64
    >> bits for all that very important stuff you do...
    >> Quad-coring, yet?
    >>

    > 98 wont run the latest & greatest movie editing apps I bet.

    Well, /there's/ a reason to kill yourself. Besides, it /will/
    run quite a few. As for "latest and greatest", I am not into
    special effects. They killed cinema. And you can always do a
    dual boot with XP or Linux if you want to use something you can
    NOT use under 98 - I can't do basic vid capture with the card I
    bought less than a year ago so I have a dual boot 98SELite/XP
    system (I have yet to use the card, but that's another subject).
    But I would not go /online/ with XP for anything.

    >> And yes, for an average productive person with no
    >> aspirations to merge /all/ their entertainment appliances

    > So your target-market is quite small...

    Yes, most people are cretins. I am not interested in those. The
    sooner they all die, the better.

    >> including the
    >> 'computer', Playstation, TV, etc. etc. into one
    >> Super-Idiot-Box Mark III, 98SE does everything Win6 and
    >> Win6.1 do, just faster, better, and safer. And without all
    >> the bullshit and the eye candy.
    >>

    > You can turn off all the visual fx in Vista too.
    > Easy peasy.

    And how many do? Are you implying people actually do something
    besides stare at the pretty colors when they're not playing
    1.4GB rewrites of Asteroids at 300fps?

    >> But it's 2010 after all, so I better just STFU. I am SO
    >> out of touch!
    >>

    > Dont you have some guitars to torture, Net Abuser?

    Just two, and no desire to do so. Can't find my effects pedals,
    either. Bummer.

    >> I guess I should sign up for that Facebook thing I've been
    >> hearing about!
    >>

    > Assbook rawks.

    Oh yes, what WOULD we do without it. I call it Faceshit, BTW. I
    was gonna call it Facenews in the above sentence but I didn't
    feel like having to explain later that it was intentional.

    >> Or maybe even try a "Homs" (sic) based Business (sic)!
    >>
    >> (The best Homs based Business opportunity in the entire
    >> history of the USA!
    >> http://spam.spamming.spa)
    >>

    > Monty Python imagry ensues...posters show their age...
    >
    > <nods>

    I don't get it but it doesn't matter. That was a quote from the
    OP's first post, under a different name.

    I never started reading the thread until yesterday, and I
    already regret having done so.

    thanatoid, May 19, 2010
  9. thund3rstruck

    thanatoid Guest

    "§nühw¤£f" <> wrote in

    >>> WTF? Only if you consider that its not a primary target
    >>> for the scr1p7 |<1d2.

    >> And - whatever that is, it does not show up in Google - I
    >> am sure all hackers are busily running it all the time
    >> hoping everyone in the world has gone back to 98 instead
    >> of using 6/6.1.
    >>

    > Huh?

    Ah, script kiddies. Well, if your machine is protected, they
    can't get in, it's that simple. BTW, you really should try
    taking a cleansing English course one of these days and get all
    that moron teenage shit our of your head. How old are you, after
    all? PLEASE don't tell me you wear baggy jeans with your ass
    hanging out or shorts with death metal designs. Try to age with
    dignity.

    >>> How many people still know how to lock down 98?
    >>> The OP cant even secure a fukin Vista install.

    XP+ were all designed to be more penetrable with each release.

    >> Well, the OP is a spamming moron, but that's not the
    >> point.
    >>
    >> The point is you CAN secure 98 and you can not secure
    >> anything that came after, starting with XP anyway.
    >>

    > No. The fat-c's are; *you* can secure 98 but have no klew
    > as to how to secure XP.
    > Hint: its all about the "services".

    Since I'm never going online with XP+ I really don't care.
    It would seem most people have no clue on how to secure XP+,
    even if it's possible, see above.

    > Heh. Peeps in the film industry still prefer MacOS for
    > editing.

    That's 'cos they're morons with money.

    >> Yes, most people are cretins. I am not interested in
    >> those. The sooner they all die, the better.
    >>

    > Oh my! You never learned "dont know mind". All people are
    > 'X'?
    >
    > Improbable :)

    You lost me there, but guess what? I don't care.

    <SNIP>

    > Some use it for "work". Cant speak from experience there
    > but thats the rumour...

    Oh, you mean 'uorc". I've heard of it... I'm not sure it exists.

    >>> Dont you have some guitars to torture, Net Abuser?

    >> Just two, and no desire to do so. Can't find my effects
    >> pedals, either. Bummer.
    >>

    > Dint ya pawn em?

    No, I've never pawned anything in my life. I just can't find
    them. They're in the house somewhere. But it doesn't matter, I
    don't feel like playing anyway. I should have sold all that
    stuff when I was moving.

    > I have an aquaintance that buys a Martin
    > D-28 or so when hes flush, then when times get tough he
    > sells it! Very odd.

    The world is full of peculiar people.

    <SNIP>

    > No, really. There *is* a site called Assbook!
    > Have a gander somtime.

    sometime

    OK.

    <SNIP>

    >> I never started reading the thread until yesterday, and I
    >> already regret having done so.
    >>

    > So sing the blues already.
    > Heres your chord progression: D E A

    I find blues indescribably tedious and I especially dislike the
    D chord.

    thanatoid, May 20, 2010
  10. thund3rstruck

    thanatoid Guest

    "§nühw¤£f" <> wrote in

    <SNIP>

    >> Ah, script kiddies. Well, if your machine is protected,
    >> they can't get in, it's that simple.

    > Heh...theres always an exception to tha rule, dawg.

    Well, no one/nothing's gotten in mine for about 15 years, and
    something's gotten into almost every other machine I've seen -
    from banks to friends' houses.

    >> BTW, you really should try
    >> taking a cleansing English course

    > Somethin like a "high colonic" eh?

    Yep.

    > It makes their so-called "style" suddenly uncool when old
    > people do it. So its always good to be using the hip new
    > slang like "dude, that is tight!".
    > Forces the little fuckheads to come up with new slang.

    I must admit you have a very good point. Except for the
    encouragement to create even worse language deconstructions.

    Still, since none of the little fuckheads read our posts, can we
    agree to speak English just between ourselves? ;-]

    > Or theres actually something to the user interface being
    > superior...

    I played with a Classic Mac ("they never crash" - crashed it
    within two hours just by trying to do some sys tweaks) and I
    have seen the latest in action. If butt-ugly bubbly icons
    bubbling when you move your bubbly ball pointer over them are
    your thing, great. Aside from that it look just as horrid as the
    Vista interface.

    >>> Oh my! You never learned "dont know mind". All people are
    >>> 'X'?
    >>>
    >>> Improbable :)

    >> You lost me there, but guess what? I don't care.
    >>

    > You could of course g00gle the shit in the quotes, yo.

    You make life SO difficult...

    > Like people who cant be arsed to play their geetar...sure.

    There are simple psychological reasons for that which - while
    simple - would take too long to explain.

    <SNIP>

    >> I find blues indescribably tedious and I especially
    >> dislike the D chord.
    >>

    > Really? I think Neil Young has an affinty for the D chord.

    I dislike /playing/ it, not listening to it (it tends to crop up
    a lot, you know), because it is the most imperfect of the basic
    guitar chords and I don't mute strings on the acoustic and I
    "can't be arsed" to plug in the electric.

    thanatoid, May 21, 2010
  11. thund3rstruck

    thanatoid Guest

    "§nühw¤£f" <> wrote in

    <SNIP>

    > Oh yeah: too depressed to do activity 'x' when its well
    > known by those of us *in* the know, that doing activity 'x'
    > aleviates symptoms of depression.

    While that is to some extent true of ANY activity, it is a
    little more complicated in the case of my guitar playing.

    > You gotta break the fuckin feedback loop.
    > <nods>

    A nod's as good as a wink to a blind horse.

    No hope.

    >>> Really? I think Neil Young has an affinty for the D
    >>> chord.

    >> I dislike /playing/ it, not listening to it (it tends to
    >> crop up a lot, you know), because it is the most imperfect
    >> of the basic guitar chords and I don't mute strings on the
    >> acoustic and I "can't be arsed" to plug in the electric.
    >>

    > Transpose it to A minor! I dares ya!

    I am not aware of any manner of "transposing" a D major to an A
    minor chord.

    thanatoid, May 22, 2010