Re: Broken Outlook Express Inbox File?

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by John O, Jan 19, 2006.

  1. John O

    John O Guest

    > Did my client let the Inbox get too bloated for too long without deleting
    > or moving messages, until OE bit off more than it could chew, and now the
    > Inbox/DBX file is trashed or at least "broken"? Is there a way I can
    > salvage those countless E-mails that are now apparently inaccessable? Any
    > advice or references to info or forums where I can ask would be greatly
    > appreciated. Also let me know if what I've described here is unclear -- I
    > don't think this is exactly an everyday problem... Most people I've
    > encountered are fairly merciless in deleting old E-mails. :)

    Check one of the microsoft newsgroups:

    news.microsoft.outlookexpress.general

    In the back of my head is an idea that this dbx is hosed, but there might be
    a fix. If so, the guys at that group will know for sure.

    -John O

    John O, Jan 19, 2006