Re: Brain teaser.

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Tom MacIntyre, Dec 1, 2005.

  1. On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 21:46:45 GMT, "Emanuel Mandel"
    <> wrote:

    >I know this isn't the bulletin to post computer problems waiting to be
    >solved, but it might serve as a brain teaser to you A+ guys. OK.
    >
    >So I have an AMD Duron running at 1.8 GHz, 1GB Ram, 40 GB Hard Drive,
    >Windows XP Pro, the board I believe is a mid-range ASUS. 128mb 5500 NVIDIA
    >BFG.
    >
    >But the problem is this: there have been many times when my computer will
    >turn on but the display fails to show up on my monitor. I've elimated the
    >idea that the monitor is busted by testing it on a different monitor; the
    >same thing happens. I've opened the case up and have determined that the
    >video card is functioning from what I can gather (the fan is on). Also, from
    >what I can gather from the front of my computer, during boot-up it goes
    >through it's normal post stage. Beyond that I have no clue why my computer
    >would be acting like this. I have a feeling that it might be my power
    >supply.... any ideas?

    Does at least one monitor have ots own hard-wired video cable, or are
    you using the same cable for both? Have you tried another video card?

    Tom
    Tom MacIntyre, Dec 1, 2005

  2. Tom MacIntyre

    Manny Guest

    This is the same poster as above just a different Email addy... No I
    haven't. I have no other video card that I can install at the
    moment.... :(. However I'm also worried that the problem is somehow
    related to the motherboard. I just hope that the AGP slot hasn't been
    messed up in some form or fashion.
    Manny, Dec 2, 2005