Re: Boycott Panasonic cameras - forced proprietary battery use infirmware

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by abo mahab, Jun 22, 2009.

  1. abo mahab

    abo mahab Guest

    Justice to all Mankind, Even Those Who Make an Enemy of Islam
    I hope you don’t mind receiving my letter. It is short but full of
    information.

    Justice to all Mankind, Even Those Who Make an Enemy of Islam

    The saying of Allaah the Exalted:

    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for Allaah as just witnesses; and
    let not the enmity and hatred of others allow you to avoid justice. Be
    just: that is closer to piety; and fear Allaah. Indeed, Allaah is Well-
    Acquainted with what you do."
    [Soorah Al-Maa'idah 5:8]

    Ibn Katheer explains:
    “Do not let your hatred of a people cause you to be unjust to them,
    rather you must be just to everyone, friends or enemies, this is why
    Allaah said: ‘Be just: that is closer to piety’ Meaning being just is
    closer to piety than being unjust.”
    At Tabari, a renowned scholar of the 8th century comments:
    “Do not let enmity between you and others cause you to be unjust in
    your dealings and rulings with them such that you oppress them due to
    the enmity that is between you… It has been stated that this verse was
    revealed when the Jews plotted to murder the Prophet.”

    Al Qurtubi, a scholar from the 12th century states:
    “This verse also proves that the disbelief of non-Muslims must not
    prevent us from being just to them…and it is not permissible for us to
    retaliate in the same manner, even if they kill our women and children
    and cause sorrow to befall us, it is not permissible for us to act
    likewise with the intention of making them feel grief and sorrow.”

    Allaah the Elevated says:
    "Verily, Allaah enjoins justice, beneficence, giving (help) to kith
    and kin, and forbids all forms of evil and Al-Munkar (i.e. all that is
    prohibited by Islamic law and oppression). He admonishes you, that you
    may take heed.)."
    [Soorah An-Nahl 16:90]

    Ibn Katheer states:
    “Allaah orders his servants with justice, which is fairness and
    equity, and encourages them to be beneficent.”

    Allaah the Mighty says:
    "Indeed We have sent Our Messengers with clear proofs, and revealed
    with them the Scripture and the Balance (justice) that mankind may
    keep up justice."
    [Soorah Al-Hadeed 57:25]

    At Tabari comments:
    “Meaning: So that people may interact amongst each other with
    justice.”

    Allaah the Merciful says:
    "That no burdened person (with sins) shall bear the burden (sins) of
    another."
    [Soorah An-Najm 53:38]

    Ibn Katheer comments:
    “Meaning: Anybody who has oppressed himself by disbelief or sins will
    be responsible for those sins, nobody else will carry the burden.”

    As Sa`di, a scholar of the 19th century explains:
    “…and no one shall bear the sin of another.”

    The noble scholar; `Abdul-Azeez Aal Ash-Shaykh, current Mufti of the
    kingdom of Saudi Arabia comments:
    “Allaah judged that no person shall bear the burden of another
    person’s sin due to His absolute justness.”

    The Messenger of Allaah, may peace be upon him, informed us that
    Allaah said:
    “O My Servants, indeed I have prohibited injustice for myself, and I
    have prohibited it amongst you.”

    The noble scholar; `Abdul-`Azeez Aal Ash-Shaykh comments:
    “This is general to all mankind, whether they are Muslim or not, it is
    not permissible for any one person to oppress another even if they
    were enemies or harbored hatred for one another. Enmity and hatred do
    not authorize anyone in the legislation of Islam to be unjust or
    practice oppression.”

    The former Mufti of Saudi Arabia, Shaykh `Abdul-`Azeez Ibn Baaz
    states:
    “It is not permissible for Muslims to transgress upon non-Muslims, not
    in their person, their wealth or their reputations if they are formal
    residents in a Muslim country, have a treaty with Muslims or are under
    Muslim protection, rather they must be given their rights. Muslims
    must not transgress upon non-Muslims by stealing from, betraying or
    cheating them with regards to their wealth. Likewise they mustn’t
    physically transgress upon them by hitting them and so on. The fact
    that they are residents, under treaty or protection secures them from
    that.”

    The noble scholar; Saalih al Luhaydan, chairman of the higher
    judiciary council of Saudi Arabia states:
    “During battles, the Messenger of Allaah would advice the army:

    “Do not kill women, children, the elderly and those devoted to worship
    in their religious centers.”

    This means that Islam does not permit killing anyone except those who
    kill, wage war or oppress Muslims.”

    An Nawawi, a distinguished scholar from the 12th century states:
    “There is a consensus amongst the scholars that killing women and
    children is prohibited in battle except if they themselves engage in
    battle.”

    ———————–

    For more information about Islam

    http://english.islamway.com/

    http://www.islamhouse.com/

    http://www.discoverislam.com/

    http://www.islambasics.com/index.php

    http://english.islamway.com/

    http://www.islamtoday.net/english/

    http://www.islamweb.net/ver2/MainPage/indexe.php

    http://www.sultan.org/

    Contact Us At

    abo mahab, Jun 22, 2009

  2. abo mahab

    Peter Guest

    "abo mahab" <> wrote in message
    >Justice to all Mankind, Even Those Who Make an Enemy of Islam
    >I hope you don’t mind receiving my letter. It is short but full of
    >information.

    <snip>

    I certainly do mind, very much.

    Your letter has what? to do with photography. No one here, except some that
    may know me from another group, knows my religious and political beliefs.
    Not that I'm bashful, just that it's grossly inappropriate in a group where
    try to share some things about photography and art.

    --
    Peter
    Peter, Jun 23, 2009

  3. Re: Boycott Panasonic cameras - forced proprietary battery use in firmware

    "Peter" <> wrote in message
    > "abo mahab" <> wrote in message
    >>Justice to all Mankind, Even Those Who Make an Enemy of Islam
    >>I hope you don’t mind receiving my letter. It is short but full of
    >>information.

    > <snip>
    >
    > I certainly do mind, very much.
    >
    > Your letter has what? to do with photography. No one here, except some
    > that may know me from another group, knows my religious and political
    > beliefs. Not that I'm bashful, just that it's grossly inappropriate in a
    > group where try to share some things about photography and art.

    It's probably just a spambot.

    I'm happy discussing Zen and politics alongside photography but it's really
    a background thing. Indeed, as photography involve insight and
    self-empowerment (to use that ghastly overused phrase) photography, is
    mostly, enough on its own with confusing the issue.

    --
    Charles E Hardwidge
    Charles E Hardwidge, Jun 23, 2009
  4. abo mahab

    Peter Guest

    "Charles E Hardwidge" <> wrote in message
    > "Peter" <> wrote in message
    >> "abo mahab" <> wrote in message
    >>>Justice to all Mankind, Even Those Who Make an Enemy of Islam
    >>>I hope you don’t mind receiving my letter. It is short but full of
    >>>information.

    >> <snip>
    >>
    >> I certainly do mind, very much.
    >>
    >> Your letter has what? to do with photography. No one here, except some
    >> that may know me from another group, knows my religious and political
    >> beliefs. Not that I'm bashful, just that it's grossly inappropriate in a
    >> group where try to share some things about photography and art.

    > It's probably just a spambot.
    >
    > I'm happy discussing Zen and politics alongside photography but it's
    > really
    > a background thing. Indeed, as photography involve insight and
    > self-empowerment (to use that ghastly overused phrase) photography, is
    > mostly, enough on its own with confusing the issue.

    Those who know me consider me to be a very spiritual person. Certainly my
    photography is influenced by Zen. It is also influenced by my current mood
    which in turn may very well be influenced by the antics of the politicians
    in power.

    Call me a stick in the mud, if you will, but I believe that political and
    religious discussions lead to bitterness that may very well inhibit the free
    interchange of artistic and technical concepts.

    --
    Peter
    Have you heard about the Buddhist who said to a hot dog vendor, "make me one
    Peter, Jun 23, 2009
  5. abo mahab

    Twibil Guest

    On Jun 22, 4:53 pm, "Peter" <> wrote:

    > I certainly do mind, very much.
    >
    > Your letter has what? to do with photography. No one here, except some that
    > may know me from another group, knows my religious and political beliefs.
    > Not that I'm bashful, just that it's grossly inappropriate in a group where
    > try to share some things about photography and art.

    But the fact that he'd hit newgroups with his religious spam
    automatically tells you what he is: only fanatics think that their
    views are appropriate anywhere and anytime. And you'll never convince
    a fanatic -*any* fanatic- that he's not doing you a favor by cross-
    posting his trash to your newsgroup.

    The concept of "inappropriate" is simply not within his scope.
    Twibil, Jun 23, 2009
  6. Re: Boycott Panasonic cameras - forced proprietary battery use in firmware

    "Peter" <> wrote in message
    > "Charles E Hardwidge" <> wrote in message
    >> "Peter" <> wrote in message
    >>> "abo mahab" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> <snip>
    >>>
    >>> I certainly do mind, very much.
    >>>
    >>> Your letter has what? to do with photography. No one here, except some
    >>> that may know me from another group, knows my religious and political
    >>> beliefs. Not that I'm bashful, just that it's grossly inappropriate in a
    >>> group where try to share some things about photography and art.

    >> It's probably just a spambot.
    >>
    >> I'm happy discussing Zen and politics alongside photography but it's
    >> really a background thing. Indeed, as photography involve insight and
    >> self-empowerment (to use that ghastly overused phrase) photography, is
    >> mostly, enough on its own with confusing the issue.

    > Those who know me consider me to be a very spiritual person. Certainly my
    > photography is influenced by Zen. It is also influenced by my current mood
    > which in turn may very well be influenced by the antics of the politicians
    > in power.
    >
    > Call me a stick in the mud, if you will, but I believe that political and
    > religious discussions lead to bitterness that may very well inhibit the
    > free interchange of artistic and technical concepts.

    Yes, it would be jolly rude to get in the way of the Photoshop and raw
    arguments. ;-)

    These things can be raised and people probably need the outlet sometime but
    I'd agree that they're mostly a side issue unless there's something about
    them specifically which can add value to the topic of photography.

    Speaking for myself, at the moment, photography is a vehicle for practicing
    Zen and drawing out a more personal practical and social focus. But, the
    main aim is developing skill and getting the shot.

    --
    Charles E Hardwidge
    Charles E Hardwidge, Jun 23, 2009
  7. Re: Boycott Panasonic cameras - forced proprietary battery use in firmware

    Who is this Zen guy that seems to have a wide influence on some people in
    this group. Where are his photos posted? :)

    Pete Stavrakoglou, Jun 23, 2009
  8. abo mahab

    John Navas Guest

    Re: Boycott Panasonic cameras - forced proprietary battery use in firmware

    On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 12:05:15 -0400, "Pete Stavrakoglou"
    <> wrote in
    <h1qufl$be$-september.org>:

    >Who is this Zen guy that seems to have a wide influence on some people in
    >this group. Where are his photos posted? :)

    No kidding!

    --
    Best regards,
    John (Panasonic DMC-FZ28, and several others)
    John Navas, Jun 23, 2009
  9. abo mahab

    Peter Guest

    "Twibil" <> wrote in message
    On Jun 22, 4:53 pm, "Peter" <> wrote:

    > I certainly do mind, very much.
    >
    > Your letter has what? to do with photography. No one here, except some
    > that
    > may know me from another group, knows my religious and political beliefs.
    > Not that I'm bashful, just that it's grossly inappropriate in a group
    > where
    > try to share some things about photography and art.

    But the fact that he'd hit newgroups with his religious spam
    automatically tells you what he is: only fanatics think that their
    views are appropriate anywhere and anytime. And you'll never convince
    a fanatic -*any* fanatic- that he's not doing you a favor by cross-
    posting his trash to your newsgroup.

    The concept of "inappropriate" is simply not within his scope.

    Of course you're right. The poster is also entitled to his/her beliefs. I
    simply don't give a tinker's dam about anyone who seeks to impose their
    religious vies on me. I hope to discourage religious wars, except of course
    Nikon over Canon. <G>

    --
    Peter
    Peter, Jun 24, 2009
  10. abo mahab

    Peter Guest

    "Pete Stavrakoglou" <> wrote in message
    > Who is this Zen guy that seems to have a wide influence on some people in
    > this group. Where are his photos posted? :)

    Hey, top poster. You missed an interesting shoot with meetup. Ever see
    mermaids carrying umbrellas?

    I am working on selections and may have them posted shortly. The big holdup
    is my most severe critic has little time to review and disapprove. :) (She
    doesn't have a website either, but she gets upwards of $50 for an 8x10, up
    to $750 for a much larger size.
    BTW she uses a Nikon D70 almost exclusively with a Sigma lens.)

    I am considering an offer from someone who has offered to be my agent. I
    don't know if it will come to anything, though.

    --
    Peter
    Peter, Jun 24, 2009