Re: boy suffers a cut

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Buffalo, Aug 30, 2010.

  1. Buffalo

    Buffalo Guest

    philo wrote:
    > http://www.jsonline.com/newswatch/101752978.html
    >

    > is this newsworthy?
    >
    > I was scratched by a cat the other day and it never made the news

    Did the cat suffer any damages?
    What did you do to make the cat scratch you?
    Are you a closet cat hater???
    Buffalo :)

    Buffalo, Aug 30, 2010

  2. philo <> via

    > On 08/29/2010 10:44 PM, Buffalo wrote:
    >> philo wrote:
    >>> http://www.jsonline.com/newswatch/101752978.html
    >>>

    >>> is this newsworthy?
    >>>
    >>> I was scratched by a cat the other day
    >>> and it never made the news

    >> Did the cat suffer any damages?
    >> What did you do to make the cat scratch you?
    >> Are you a closet cat hater???
    >> Buffalo :)
    >>

    > Oddly enough it was a feral kitten that recently just ran in the house
    > and stayed.
    >
    > I foolishly picked it up to show it the litter box
    > but I should have been wearing a shirt...and it did not like to be

    carried.

    > Anyway we are good friends now.
    >
    > It was a small scratch though...
    > probably no where near as big as the newsworthy kid whose cut might have
    > been a couple of inches long.

    I like it when there's a news segment with a
    trailer-park lady who's just had her cat
    killed, run-over, or shot and she goes on
    about how "Tabbie was a member of the family..."

    Boo-hoo! The news crew interviewed me about
    a missing cat one time and I told them the owner
    had told me she saw it beamed up by a UFO. Since
    cat-peeple are usually incurably k-r-a-z-y anyways,
    I don't think they ever ran the story. We don't
    have a good local Fox affiliate here locally.

    Feral cats taste better roasted than the kind
    you get from the coyote hunters (unused bait)
    because most of theirs are actually kidnapped
    domestic pets ["DSH"] and they are not as
    organic and good for you as are the feral cats.

    Of course, the feral cats usually have much
    coarser-haired hides thus you cannot get as
    good a price for their skins from any of the
    local furriers (I believe they pawn them off
    as "rabbit fur")... Alas... it's yin-and-yang
    here; yin-and-yang there; yin-and-yang everwhere
    you go anymore!

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and this transmission
    was generated using a near-zero carbon footprint!

    http://www.theyost.com/images/viral/zero_carbon.gif

    http://www.pagetutor.com/idiot/idiot.html

    Bucky Breeder, Aug 30, 2010

  3. Buffalo

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 21:44:37 -0600, Buffalo wrote:

    > philo wrote:
    >> http://www.jsonline.com/newswatch/101752978.html
    >>

    >> is this newsworthy?
    >>
    >> I was scratched by a cat the other day and it never made the news

    > Did the cat suffer any damages?
    > What did you do to make the cat scratch you? Are you a closet cat
    > hater???
    > Buffalo :)

    (No animals were mistreated in the writing of this post).

    --
    "When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
    Then I realised God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and

    Aardvark, Aug 30, 2010
  4. Buffalo

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 22:51:12 -0500, philo wrote:

    > I foolishly picked it up to show it the litter box but I should have
    > been wearing a shirt...and it did not like to be carried.

    Cat scratches, even the slightest, carry a high chance of infection.

    Aardvark, Aug 30, 2010
  5. Buffalo

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 21:28:24 +0000, Aardvark wrote:

    > On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 22:51:12 -0500, philo wrote:
    >
    >> I foolishly picked it up to show it the litter box but I should have
    >> been wearing a shirt...and it did not like to be carried.

    > Cat scratches, even the slightest, carry a high chance of infection.

    Yes the infection of a scattergun.

    Meat Plow, Aug 30, 2010
  6. Buffalo

    Buffalo Guest

    philo wrote:
    > "Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 22:51:12 -0500, philo wrote:
    >>
    >>> I foolishly picked it up to show it the litter box but I should have
    >>> been wearing a shirt...and it did not like to be carried.

    >> Cat scratches, even the slightest, carry a high chance of infection.
    >>

    > I immediatly applied an anti-bacterial ointment
    >
    > today the scratch is mostly healed

    Damn, first wash with soap and water, then apply the above.
    Next, take a shot of Jack, pour 1/8 and only 1/8 of it on the wound and then
    slowly sip the remaining miracle fluid.
    Buffalo

    Buffalo, Aug 31, 2010
  7. philo wrote:
    > On 08/29/2010 10:44 PM, Buffalo wrote:
    > > philo wrote:
    > >> http://www.jsonline.com/newswatch/101752978.html
    > >>

    > >> is this newsworthy?
    > >>
    > >> I was scratched by a cat the other day and it never made the news

    > > Did the cat suffer any damages?
    > > What did you do to make the cat scratch you?
    > > Are you a closet cat hater???
    > > Buffalo :)
    > >

    > Oddly enough it was a feral kitten that recently just ran in the house
    > and stayed.

    Not sure if you know cats, but

    Consider having it neutered if it's a boy cat, we had a cat that would
    spray all the time, freaking disgusting. I think here places offer
    free spay and neutering.

    > I foolishly picked it up to show it the litter box
    > but I should have been wearing a shirt...and it did not like to be carried.

    Cat bites are really really bad, they say to definitely see a doctor
    or hospital ASAP. Had 'the cat' often referred to as 'cattle' bite
    through my thumbnail and had my thumb swell up. Another time he bit my
    hand and it swelled up totally, started getting worried when the
    swelling went past the hand, and one vein started getting red up and
    around it, then another, etc. It got better real fast after that
    though

    monkeywintest, Sep 3, 2010

    monkeywintest, Sep 3, 2010