RE:Bose Radio/Music System 30 Day Home Trial?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Heidy, Apr 25, 2007.

  1. Heidy

    Heidy Guest

    Bose claim to be the leaders in sound currently I am trialing their Home
    Music Centre /Radio it plays mp3 as well the sound is amazing
    RE:Bose Radio/Music System 30 Day Home Trial?

    The price is shocking at over 600 Euros,£290-00 Uk sterling
    I was lied to by the Sales Rep who said it was made in USA

    Its made in Mexico and other parts of it in China,

    It has won consumer Best Buy Awards,I think its only available from bose
    directly not in the shops I could be wrong on this.

    You can connect it to you TV aswell.

    The unit itself is very heavy for the size.

    On Value for Money Issues I will have do some more comparison shopping
    Any know what brand beat Bose?

    Heidy

    Heidy, Apr 25, 2007

  2. Re: Bose Radio/Music System 30 Day Home Trial?

    In article <462f41df$0$13538$>,
    Heidy <> wrote:

    > Bose claim to be the leaders in sound currently I am trialing their Home
    > Music Centre /Radio it plays mp3 as well the sound is amazing
    > RE:Bose Radio/Music System 30 Day Home Trial?
    >

    > The price is shocking at over 600 Euros,£290-00 Uk sterling
    > I was lied to by the Sales Rep who said it was made in USA
    >
    > Its made in Mexico and other parts of it in China,
    >
    > It has won consumer Best Buy Awards,I think its only available from bose
    > directly not in the shops I could be wrong on this.
    >
    > You can connect it to you TV aswell.
    >
    > The unit itself is very heavy for the size.
    >
    > On Value for Money Issues I will have do some more comparison shopping
    > Any know what brand beat Bose?
    >

    > Heidy

    You're kidding, right?
    David Matthew Wood, Apr 25, 2007

  3. Heidy

    Heidy Guest

    David Matthew Wood wrote:
    > In article <462f41df$0$13538$>,
    > Heidy <> wrote:
    >
    >> Bose claim to be the leaders in sound currently I am trialing their Home
    >> Music Centre /Radio it plays mp3 as well the sound is amazing
    >> RE:Bose Radio/Music System 30 Day Home Trial?
    >>

    >> The price is shocking at over 600 Euros,£290-00 Uk sterling
    >> I was lied to by the Sales Rep who said it was made in USA
    >>
    >> Its made in Mexico and other parts of it in China,
    >>
    >> It has won consumer Best Buy Awards,I think its only available from bose
    >> directly not in the shops I could be wrong on this.
    >>
    >> You can connect it to you TV aswell.
    >>
    >> The unit itself is very heavy for the size.
    >>
    >> On Value for Money Issues I will have do some more comparison shopping
    >> Any know what brand beat Bose?
    >>

    >> Heidy

    > You're kidding, right?

    No check

    www.bose.co.uk

    Bose Music Wave System see that unit its the one I am testing

    Heidy, Apr 25, 2007
  4. Heidy

    thanatoid Guest

    Heidy <> wrote in

    > Bose claim to be the leaders in sound currently I am
    > trialing their Home Music Centre /Radio it plays mp3 as
    > well the sound is amazing RE:Bose Radio/Music System 30 Day
    > Home Trial?
    >

    > The price is shocking at over 600 Euros,£290-00 Uk sterling
    > I was lied to by the Sales Rep who said it was made in USA
    >
    > Its made in Mexico and other parts of it in China,
    >
    > It has won consumer Best Buy Awards,I think its only
    > available from bose directly not in the shops I could be
    > wrong on this.
    >
    > You can connect it to you TV aswell.

    "to you TV aswell" ????

    > The unit itself is very heavy for the size.
    >
    > On Value for Money Issues I will have do some more
    > comparison shopping Any know what brand beat Bose?
    >

    > Heidy

    Heidi dear, go and buy three of those for the various rooms in
    your house and enjoy eternal German-invented bliss, like in the
    ovens (look it up).

    And PLEASE stop posting to ask about whatever happens to pop
    into your underdeveloped brain. This is NOT your personal
    counseling group (which I think you could use, BTW). Some
    English classes may not hurt either.

    thanatoid, Apr 25, 2007
  5. Heidy

    thanatoid Guest

    > David Matthew Wood wrote:
    >> In article <462f41df$0$13538$>,
    >> Heidy <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Bose claim to be the leaders in sound currently I am
    >>> trialing their Home Music Centre /Radio it plays mp3 as
    >>> well the sound is amazing RE:Bose Radio/Music System 30
    >>> Day Home Trial?
    >>>

    >>> The price is shocking at over 600 Euros,£290-00 Uk
    >>> sterling I was lied to by the Sales Rep who said it was
    >>> made in USA
    >>>
    >>> Its made in Mexico and other parts of it in China,
    >>>
    >>> It has won consumer Best Buy Awards,I think its only
    >>> available from bose directly not in the shops I could be
    >>> wrong on this.
    >>>
    >>> You can connect it to you TV aswell.
    >>>
    >>> The unit itself is very heavy for the size.
    >>>
    >>> On Value for Money Issues I will have do some more
    >>> comparison shopping Any know what brand beat Bose?
    >>>

    >>> Heidy

    >> You're kidding, right?

    > No check
    >
    > www.bose.co.uk
    >
    > Bose Music Wave System see that unit its the one I am
    > testing

    Not only is she smart, she has a good sense of humor and irony!

    Heidi - in spite of myself I can't help responding - the only
    bigger ripoff than the Wave are the 2.1, 4.1, 5.1, and the soon-
    to come 7.2.1 and 15.5.3 systems with 1.5" speakers - all of
    which those jerks at Bose are pretty much responsible for.

    thanatoid, Apr 25, 2007
  6. Heidy

    Heidy Guest

    --

    what you recommend instead brandwise that is just as good as Bose Wave?
    is their a copycat version on the market?

    Heidy

    Heidy, Apr 25, 2007
  7. Heidy

    Heidy Guest

    thanatoid wrote:
    > Heidy <> wrote in
    >
    >> Bose claim to be the leaders in sound currently I am
    >> trialing their Home Music Centre /Radio it plays mp3 as
    >> well the sound is amazing RE:Bose Radio/Music System 30 Day
    >> Home Trial?
    >>

    >> The price is shocking at over 600 Euros,£290-00 Uk sterling
    >> I was lied to by the Sales Rep who said it was made in USA
    >>
    >> Its made in Mexico and other parts of it in China,
    >>
    >> It has won consumer Best Buy Awards,I think its only
    >> available from bose directly not in the shops I could be
    >> wrong on this.
    >>
    >> You can connect it to you TV aswell.

    > "to you TV aswell" ????
    >
    >> The unit itself is very heavy for the size.
    >>
    >> On Value for Money Issues I will have do some more
    >> comparison shopping Any know what brand beat Bose?
    >>

    >> Heidy

    > Heidi dear, go and buy three of those for the various rooms in
    > your house and enjoy eternal German-invented bliss, like in the
    > ovens (look it up).
    >
    > And PLEASE stop posting to ask about whatever happens to pop
    > into your underdeveloped brain. This is NOT your personal
    > counseling group (which I think you could use, BTW). Some
    > English classes may not hurt either.

    what you on Thanathoid Paxil Superstrenght and prunes for the constipation?

    Heidy

    Heidy, Apr 25, 2007
  8. Heidy

    Evan Platt Guest

    Re: Bose Radio/Music System 30 Day Home Trial?

    On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 19:46:17 +0100, Heidy
    <> wrote:

    >> You're kidding, right?

    >No check
    >
    >www.bose.co.uk
    >
    >Bose Music Wave System see that unit its the one I am testing

    <WHOOSH>
    Evan Platt, Apr 26, 2007
  9. Re: Bose Radio/Music System 30 Day Home Trial?

    In article <462f9521$0$16321$>,
    Heidy <> wrote:

    > David Matthew Wood wrote:
    > > In article <462f41df$0$13538$>,
    > > Heidy <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> Bose claim to be the leaders in sound currently I am trialing their Home
    > >> Music Centre /Radio it plays mp3 as well the sound is amazing
    > >> RE:Bose Radio/Music System 30 Day Home Trial?
    > >>

    > >> The price is shocking at over 600 Euros,£290-00 Uk sterling
    > >> I was lied to by the Sales Rep who said it was made in USA
    > >>
    > >> Its made in Mexico and other parts of it in China,
    > >>
    > >> It has won consumer Best Buy Awards,I think its only available from bose
    > >> directly not in the shops I could be wrong on this.
    > >>
    > >> You can connect it to you TV aswell.
    > >>
    > >> The unit itself is very heavy for the size.
    > >>
    > >> On Value for Money Issues I will have do some more comparison shopping
    > >> Any know what brand beat Bose?
    > >>

    > >> Heidy

    > > You're kidding, right?

    > No check
    >
    > www.bose.co.uk
    >
    > Bose Music Wave System see that unit its the one I am testing

    I meant sound quality. Every time I am subjected to anything Bose, my
    ears feel like they're bleeding. No real deep lows, no extreme highs,
    very poor (if any) real midrange, and the "fake" highs are very harsh
    sounding and hurt my ears. Oh, not to mention that Bose apparently
    doesn't seem to believe in proper stereo imaging, either.

    Then there is the price.

    I can go down to my local Radio Shack, pick up a cheap receiver with
    built in amps, and the cheapest bookshelf speakers they have, for less
    than the price of anything made by Bose. Sure it's crap, but at least
    it won't make my ears bleed.
    David Matthew Wood, Apr 26, 2007
  10. Re: Bose Radio/Music System 30 Day Home Trial?

    > Not only is she smart, she has a good sense of humor and irony!
    >
    > Heidi - in spite of myself I can't help responding - the only
    > bigger ripoff than the Wave are the 2.1, 4.1, 5.1, and the soon-
    > to come 7.2.1 and 15.5.3 systems with 1.5" speakers - all of
    > which those jerks at Bose are pretty much responsible for.

    No highs, no lows. Must be Bose.
    David Matthew Wood, Apr 26, 2007
  11. Heidy

    Heidy Guest

    David Matthew Wood wrote:
    >> Not only is she smart, she has a good sense of humor and irony!
    >>
    >> Heidi - in spite of myself I can't help responding - the only
    >> bigger ripoff than the Wave are the 2.1, 4.1, 5.1, and the soon-
    >> to come 7.2.1 and 15.5.3 systems with 1.5" speakers - all of
    >> which those jerks at Bose are pretty much responsible for.

    > No highs, no lows. Must be Bose.

    You endorsing Bose then as a brand?no competition out there better than
    it not even Sony?

    Heidy

    Heidy, Apr 26, 2007
  12. Heidy

    Heidy Guest

    --

    Thanks for that,
    so no particular brands you recommend that excel over Bose Brand?

    It go Which.co.uk Consumer Best Buy Award they rated the Tuner as
    excellent the CD Player as Acceptable.

    Heidy

    Heidy, Apr 26, 2007
  13. Heidy

    Evan Platt Guest

    Re: Bose Radio/Music System 30 Day Home Trial?

    On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 12:07:08 +0100, Heidy
    <> wrote:

    >> No highs, no lows. Must be Bose.

    >You endorsing Bose then as a brand?no competition out there better than
    >it not even Sony?

    <Whoosh>.
    Evan Platt, Apr 26, 2007
  14. Re: Bose Radio/Music System 30 Day Home Trial?

    In article <46307b00$0$16400$>,
    Heidy <> wrote:

    > David Matthew Wood wrote:
    > >> Not only is she smart, she has a good sense of humor and irony!
    > >>
    > >> Heidi - in spite of myself I can't help responding - the only
    > >> bigger ripoff than the Wave are the 2.1, 4.1, 5.1, and the soon-
    > >> to come 7.2.1 and 15.5.3 systems with 1.5" speakers - all of
    > >> which those jerks at Bose are pretty much responsible for.

    > > No highs, no lows. Must be Bose.

    > You endorsing Bose then as a brand?no competition out there better than
    > it not even Sony?
    >
    > Heidy

    um.. no, I'm not endorsing Bose at all. No highs (no real crisp
    treble), no lows (no bass), must be Bose. I'm not a big fan of Sony
    audio gear either, but their stuff is better than Bose.
    David Matthew Wood, Apr 26, 2007
  15. Re: Bose Radio/Music System 30 Day Home Trial?

    In article <46307be2$0$16400$>,
    Heidy <> wrote:

    > David Matthew Wood wrote:
    > > In article <462f9521$0$16321$>,
    > > Heidy <> wrote:

    > >> No check
    > >>
    > >> www.bose.co.uk
    > >>
    > >> Bose Music Wave System see that unit its the one I am testing

    > > I meant sound quality. Every time I am subjected to anything Bose, my
    > > ears feel like they're bleeding. No real deep lows, no extreme highs,
    > > very poor (if any) real midrange, and the "fake" highs are very harsh
    > > sounding and hurt my ears. Oh, not to mention that Bose apparently
    > > doesn't seem to believe in proper stereo imaging, either.
    > >
    > > Then there is the price.
    > >
    > > I can go down to my local Radio Shack, pick up a cheap receiver with
    > > built in amps, and the cheapest bookshelf speakers they have, for less
    > > than the price of anything made by Bose. Sure it's crap, but at least
    > > it won't make my ears bleed.

    > --
    > >>>>>

    > Thanks for that,
    > so no particular brands you recommend that excel over Bose Brand?
    >
    > It go Which.co.uk Consumer Best Buy Award they rated the Tuner as
    > excellent the CD Player as Acceptable.

    For anything audio, it's best to go into a showroom and listen for
    yourself to see what works for your ears and wallet.
    David Matthew Wood, Apr 26, 2007
  16. Re: Bose Radio/Music System 30 Day Home Trial?

    In article <>,
    Evan Platt <> wrote:

    > On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 12:07:08 +0100, Heidy
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >> No highs, no lows. Must be Bose.

    > >You endorsing Bose then as a brand?no competition out there better than
    > >it not even Sony?

    > <Whoosh>.

    lol
    David Matthew Wood, Apr 26, 2007
  17. Heidy

    Spuds Guest

    Re: Bose Radio/Music System 30 Day Home Trial?

    On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 05:22:39 GMT, David Matthew Wood
    <> wrote:

    >In article <462f9521$0$16321$>,
    > Heidy <> wrote:
    >
    >> David Matthew Wood wrote:

    >> > You're kidding, right?

    >> No check
    >>
    >> www.bose.co.uk
    >>
    >> Bose Music Wave System see that unit its the one I am testing

    >I meant sound quality. Every time I am subjected to anything Bose, my
    >ears feel like they're bleeding. No real deep lows, no extreme highs,
    >very poor (if any) real midrange, and the "fake" highs are very harsh
    >sounding and hurt my ears. Oh, not to mention that Bose apparently
    >doesn't seem to believe in proper stereo imaging, either.
    >
    >Then there is the price.
    >
    >I can go down to my local Radio Shack, pick up a cheap receiver with
    >built in amps, and the cheapest bookshelf speakers they have, for less
    >than the price of anything made by Bose. Sure it's crap, but at least
    >it won't make my ears bleed.

    "No highs, no lows, must be Bose."
    Spuds, Apr 26, 2007
  18. Heidy

    Heidy Guest

    David Matthew Wood wrote:
    > In article <46307b00$0$16400$>,
    > Heidy <> wrote:

    >>> No highs, no lows. Must be Bose.

    >> You endorsing Bose then as a brand?no competition out there better than
    >> it not even Sony?
    >>
    >> Heidy

    > um.. no, I'm not endorsing Bose at all. No highs (no real crisp
    > treble), no lows (no bass), must be Bose. I'm not a big fan of Sony
    > audio gear either, but their stuff is better than Bose.

    It seems its very easy to critise but to positively suggest a good
    alternative brand in place of Bose.

    Heidy

    Service

    Good Quality Website But Expensive If you know a Better Value For Money
    Video On Demand Service or even Mirc www.mirc.com please feel free to
    contact me.

    Please remove the "NOSPAM" to reply

    Heidy, Apr 26, 2007
  19. Re: Bose Radio/Music System 30 Day Home Trial?

    In article <46311a2d$0$16275$>,
    Heidy <> wrote:

    > David Matthew Wood wrote:
    > > In article <46307b00$0$16400$>,
    > > Heidy <> wrote:

    > >> You endorsing Bose then as a brand?no competition out there better than
    > >> it not even Sony?
    > >>
    > >> Heidy

    > > um.. no, I'm not endorsing Bose at all. No highs (no real crisp
    > > treble), no lows (no bass), must be Bose. I'm not a big fan of Sony
    > > audio gear either, but their stuff is better than Bose.
    > >>>>

    > It seems its very easy to critise but to positively suggest a good
    > alternative brand in place of Bose.

    That's because as far as my wallet vs. my ears are concerned, EVERYTHING
    ELSE is better than Bose! I'd personally rather listen to my TV's
    built-in speakers (which by the way have been turned off for YEARS,
    since I use a real sound system for that) than pay for and have to
    listen to a Bose system.

    You want alternatives? Ok..

    Jensen
    Polk Audio
    Boston Acoustic
    Infinity
    JBL...

    even cheap "compact stereos" from brands like JVC, Sony, and RCA are a
    much better value and have better sound than Bose, AND you can customize
    how they sound to some extent.

    The only thing Bose excels in, is marketing hype.
    David Matthew Wood, Apr 27, 2007