    also try another power supply.
    But would the sound, graphics or network card cause the PC to re-boot if
    at fault or can I rule these 3 out?

    tomm, Sep 22, 2004

  2. tomm

    Jamco Guest

    i had a video card that caused my system to reboot
    i turned hardware acceloration down to none, and the problem was solved

    Jamco, Sep 22, 2004

  3. tomm

    tomm Guest

    Jamco wrote:
    > i had a video card that caused my system to reboot
    > i turned hardware acceloration down to none, and the problem was
    > solved

    If I wanted to hear "I" this and "I" that from you, I would have
    entitled my post, 'Jamco you idiot, tell me about problems
    you've had, but don't bother addressing mine'.

    You're a useless twat Jamco!

    tomm, Sep 22, 2004
  4. tomm wrote:

    > My PC keeps re-booting at random times.
    > Not a virus as it did it straight after a clean re-install of XP. My case
    > is well ventilated and my case & cpu temps are ok. I thought I would try
    > re-seating the memory (and if possible borrow another stick to swap) and
    > also try another power supply.

    Good ideas, you should try all these things.

    > But would the sound, graphics or network card cause the PC to re-boot if
    > at fault or can I rule these 3 out?

    Oh yes, especially a bad network card can cause reboots. Remove everything
    but the graphic card for a first test. You might also want to change pci
    slots.
    Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.8reiser4pkt [LinuxCounter#295241]

    Walter Mautner, Sep 22, 2004
  5. tomm

    mAineAc Guest

    tomm wrote:
    > Jamco wrote:
    >
    >>i had a video card that caused my system to reboot
    >>i turned hardware acceloration down to none, and the problem was
    >>solved

    > If I wanted to hear "I" this and "I" that from you, I would have
    > entitled my post, 'Jamco you idiot, tell me about problems
    > you've had, but don't bother addressing mine'.
    >
    > You're a useless twat Jamco!

    If you have windows XP and you have conected to the internet you have a
    worm. You will get it within a minute or less, I have heard of less than
    20 seconds, if you want to fix it do your own research after being rude
    to the last person who tried to help you.

    mAineAc

    mAineAc, Sep 22, 2004
  6. tomm wrote:

    > Jamco wrote:
    >> i had a video card that caused my system to reboot
    >> i turned hardware acceloration down to none, and the problem was
    >> solved

    > If I wanted to hear "I" this and "I" that from you, I would have
    > entitled my post, 'Jamco you idiot, tell me about problems
    > you've had, but don't bother addressing mine'.
    >
    > You're a useless twat Jamco!

    Which crazy fruits did you eat today? Or got fired?
    When someone tries to help with his own experience and offers a workaround
    what helped, why do you start cursing at him?
    Sorry, another feed for my killfile. Damned, I already have replied before I
    did read this one.
    Now get lost.
    Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.8reiser4pkt [LinuxCounter#295241]

    Walter Mautner, Sep 22, 2004
  7. tomm

    tomm Guest

    Ha, Ha, yes ........well done.
    Thanks for any replies and for those who have not guessed, the above inult
    to Jamco was not from me.
    Maybe it happens a lot on this group, maybe not .
    Whatever... the above insult was not from me .. ok?

    tomm, Sep 22, 2004
  8. tomm

    Jamco Guest

    i'll take your word that it wasnt from you as the path is different...some
    people are just mean i guess!

    Jamco, Sep 22, 2004