Re: Boot up message?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Shep©, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. Shep©

    Shep© Guest

    On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 19:54:24 GMT, In this world we created "Burt"
    <> wrote :

    >When I boot up I get the following message;
    >"Pri Master: YAR41BWX0Maxtor 6y480p0
    >Ultra DMA Mode-6, S.M.A.R.T.capable but disabled"
    >
    >Should I just Ignore? and what does it mean
    >Thanks
    >Burton

    It's your choice.
    http://www.ariolic.com/activesmart/
    It can slow down the drives but is supposed to alert the user of disk
    failures.As I back up critical data/downloads/personel data etc to
    CDR/W disks I don't care if a drive fails.

    If you have anything important to you,don't store it on an easily
    corruptible media like a,"Hard drive" IMHO.

    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Free songs download,