Re: boot problem

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by JD, Nov 23, 2009.

  1. JD

    JD Guest

    Mark Stringer wrote:
    > I rebooted after getting some microsoft security updates and ran
    > into a problem I've never experienced. Whether I select to start in
    > safe mode, safe mode in this, safe mode in that, last configuration
    > that worked or normal mode, I never get to the start screen, I
    > always end up right where I start.
    >
    > I've had some comp problems that I've worked through but I've always
    > managed to search the net to find the solution on my own. Right now
    > I'm on a back up laptop and on a text only account. I can't visit
    > places to figure this out on my own.
    >
    > Any suggestions would be welcome, thanks in advance.

    Sounds like the Microsoft update had some issues, happens sometimes am I
    right in thinking your computer is looping ? can you get into safe mode?
    if so uninstall/remove the last update/hotfix from the add-remove
    program's in the control panel.

    I see from your last post you are having difficulty's with the repair
    mode, the command you want is checkdisk (or chkdsk /p /r)

    JD
    JD, Nov 23, 2009

  2. JD

    JD Guest

    Mark Stringer wrote:
    > JD wrote:
    >
    >> Sounds like the Microsoft update had some issues, happens sometimes am I
    >> right in thinking your computer is looping ? can you get into safe mode?
    >> if so uninstall/remove the last update/hotfix from the add-remove
    >> program's in the control panel.
    >>
    >> I see from your last post you are having difficulty's with the repair
    >> mode, the command you want is checkdisk (or chkdsk /p /r)

    > It was looping and safe mode or any other mode wouldn't get me out of
    > the loop. I followed TeeJay instructions with the chkdsk /r and I've
    > muddled my way through to almost reaching my start up screen. At least
    > I've out of the death loop so hopefully that means real progress. :)

    if your still having problems you can try a Repair install, its like a
    normal install but you don't format the drive.

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/doug92.mspx

    JD
    JD, Nov 24, 2009